Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Honestly, no I have just hear things.
So you don't know me but you're being disrespectful and assuming things about me based on your friends opinions who hate me and cant keep my name out their mouths?

John Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

So you don't know me but you're being disrespectful and assuming things about me based on your friends opinions who hate me and cant keep my name out their mouths?
Bringing up harsh facts is not disrespectful, it is just a point to reflect on and maybe change. It only reaches into disrespect when facts are made up/construed to fit a narrative, which I did not intend to do whatsoever. I don't want to mar the waters between us but I just needed some kind of reasoning for an issue i have been encountering. Its okay to not be perfect or to have faults (as we both do), but what I was arguing is that the mentor program needs to accept that mentor applicants can have faults and then hold that standard for everyone equally, which simply has not been the case.

John Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Just so you know punishments aren't the only thing, but staff also take notes on what you do in the server. Say you open a shop, and a staff member is watching you. That said staff member will give you a positive note for creating a rp situation. These positive notes is what staff look at. If you really want mentor create more rp situations, help people in ooc, and watch what you say/do. I have a terrible record, yet I still managed to get mentor a while back. Just give it time and you'll also get there.
Yeah I fully understand this. Tazdevil made sure to explain this to me, but the ultimate factor for denying me was for my made-up "mingey persona". That is what was directly brought up. I explained to Taz and even gave him an expansive list of rp situations and help I created and offered in only a frame of two days, but it was still overridden by the other details. The whole point of this thread was to get input like yours so I can see how people think, including some staff.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah I fully understand this. Tazdevil made sure to explain this to me, but the ultimate factor for denying me was for my made-up "mingey persona". That is what was directly brought up. I explained to Taz and even gave him an expansive list of rp situations and help I created and offered in only a frame of two days, but it was still overridden by the other details. The whole point of this thread was to get input like yours so I can see how people think, including some staff.
You can always try again and prove yourself, like taz said, prove him wrong, I have no problem with you, I believe I'm cool with everybody on the server, I have been reading this thread for a while and I'm quite surprised you went this far, it shows how much you thrive and care for the position. So again go prove taz wrong!

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Bringing up harsh facts is not disrespectful, it is just a point to reflect on and maybe change. It only reaches into disrespect when facts are made up/construed to fit a narrative, which I did not intend to do whatsoever. I don't want to mar the waters between us but I just needed some kind of reasoning for an issue i have been encountering. Its okay to not be perfect or to have faults (as we both do), but what I was arguing is that the mentor program needs to accept that mentor applicants can have faults and then hold that standard for everyone equally, which simply has not been the case.

i’m dumbfounded right now. Don’t give up man! Let me know if you want to interview me or write a newsletter on me or something too. I also do autographs

John Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

i’m dumbfounded right now. Don’t give up man! Let me know if you want to interview me or write a newsletter on me or something too. I also do autographs
"Dumbfounded", that's a big word for you. I will make sure to include that in the 'Notable Achievements' Section of your autobiography. No, but seriously, it's all fun and games. I don't take in games things personally, so GL in your mentorship.

Reactions: Tye

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

"Dumbfounded", that's a big word for you. I will make sure to include that in the 'Notable Achievements' Section of your autobiography. No, but seriously, it's all fun and games. I don't take in games things personally, so GL in your mentorship.
Just wanted to let you know that since you’re writing it it’s a biography and not an autobiography. Don’t forget to send it to me after you’re done!

Bob Santoro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Shitposting.
Just wanted to let you know that since you’re writing it it’s a biography and not an autobiography. Don’t forget to send it to me after you’re done!
I just wanted to let you know that since you're writing a sentence, you need a subject, and therefore, you need to put "I" right before the word "Just" in your first sentence. Don't forget to edit your original post once you're done!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Credence

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

this thread is becoming more ridiculous then it already was

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

this thread is becoming more ridiculous then it already was
It's unfortunate that some people just can't understand that they're the problem and not the server nor the people making decisions.

I do appreciate the good luck in my mentorship though.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

This thread derailed. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.