Shadexz

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For the past couple of months I have been logging on Monolith and seeing especially now that the player count is dropping, I miss the days when their was 100+ people but recently its around 70 which is still good but its not the Monolith that you would have to wait in a que for a couple of minutes to join. I feel this is due to some recent updates that just make the game a lot harder for the criminal side of roleplay mainly stemming from the powerplant addition, and although meth is coming out this will not help newer players. Anyways that's just my opinion, but what do you guys think.

Josh Brown

Years of Mono

LV

Facts

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Server was pretty much 70 players or under and 20 past midnight until the lockdown started and then it went up, people are burning themselves out and the player count is settling again. While it sucks to see it was bound to happen, and I wouldn’t say the server is dying.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The marketing team is more than aware of the drop in player count, the issue isn’t solely on what you mentioned (the updates) as the french server and other top Garry’s Mod servers are affected as well, it is a factor but not the only one

Shadexz

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

people are burning themselves out
This does make sense, at the beginning of lockdown the player count took off but people eventually got tired of grinding each day, it was more balanced before. For example in December their was 90-110 players on at their prime time of day.

Jamal Williams

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

In my opinion its because Gmod itself dying, the game is far past its prime so the servers are just getting less and less fresh meat. People are moving on to other games. Its just a reality that the old times are gone and they're probably not coming back.

PiffTheSeal

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

In my opinion its because Gmod itself dying, the game is far past its prime so the servers are just getting less and less fresh meat. People are moving on to other games. Its just a reality that the old times are gone and they're probably not coming back.
That’s false, if you take a look at the game as a whole, it’s player count has been rising since this corona stuff, it’s peak and average player count is much higher than it was before, so the game itself isn’t dying more like the community is no offense. Of course the game isn’t as large as it once was, but it’s still not dying out

Shadexz

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV