Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKE.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion

Title: More Political Jobs

Context: Add more actual jobs for RP Politics such as a Governer and etc. It would be good for when crime gets way out of hand so Martial Law can occur and other really cool ideas devs can put together!

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion

Title: More Political Jobs

Context: Add more actual jobs for RP Politics such as a Governer and etc. It would be good for when crime gets way out of hand so Martial Law can occur and other really cool ideas devs can put together!
sadly Martial law can only be done with Police supervisors on so thats kinda out of the question

i personally -Support Political jobs but Other Normal (civilian) jobs ill deff +support

GHOST_023

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think a public defender could be good and a judge role

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

sadly Martial law can only be done with Police supervisors
I really don't understand why martial law has become so popular lately, nothing in the lawbook prohibits it nor says it's restricted to Police Supervisors. But not to get off topic, I agree with Ghost maybe it's time for a public court system/roles.

Johnny Roast Beef

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I really don't understand why martial law has become so popular lately, nothing in the lawbook prohibits it nor says it's restricted to Police Supervisors. But not to get off topic, I agree with Ghost maybe it's time for a public court system/roles.
Martial Law means nothing without the National Guard. If it is more accessible to lower staff that would be dope. Without them it is just another emergency state.

Ultera

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think a public defender could be good and a judge role
-support Court system sounds cool but only works if someone is on that job always and as we see with the use corrections jobs get clearly people dont want too much jailRP

Bobby Hive

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Personally, I agree, Then strong disagree. Here's Why:

Judges - Neutral: Sounds like a good idea on paper but in reality a Judge job would most likely be used to help friends get out of trouble from major crimes in a bad way and can probably be abused potentially unless there's some proper barriers put in place. Actual Court cases with a Judge (Police Chief / Mayor) Usually turn into a shit show and waste time when everyone is screaming and not actually letting the court case be heard out. (I've seen many court cases happen this way but I'm sure there's been some that have been done pretty well just haven't seen any of them being good personally) .

Public Defenders - Agree:
A Public Defender could be a good thing especially if it's someone who is actually trying to help out newer players that don't have friends and could be used well if not abused and could enhance RP by a lot if used correctly. Sounds like something that should already be a job (kind of surprised it isn't).

Governor - Disagree: We already have a Mayor pretty much controlling the taxes and making laws that usually aren't followed unless enforced by the PD so the Governor job would be just a waste if all it contributes to is declaring marital law and would definitely be used to just farm the paycheck and probably wouldn't enhance RP and just cause a bigger strain towards the whole Crim VS Cop debate.

Conclusion: This suggestion is a pretty interesting conversation and could probably be a really good idea, or bad depending on the way these jobs are even considered implemented. My stances can also change if anyone can me some good points why we would need them and ideas about what they can actually do. In reality though, Monolith isn't much of Realistic RP server with lots of rules and regulations and is just more of time killer to just hang out and have fun with your buddies or relax and drive around in my opinion. but I do agree on the fact that I would like to see more jobs for people who have done every other job in the server so far.

W0Lz

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Personally, I agree, Then strong disagree. Here's Why:

Judges - Neutral: Sounds like a good idea on paper but in reality a Judge job would most likely be used to help friends get out of trouble from major crimes in a bad way and can probably be abused potentially unless there's some proper barriers put in place. Actual Court cases with a Judge (Police Chief / Mayor) Usually turn into a shit show and waste time when everyone is screaming and not actually letting the court case be heard out. (I've seen many court cases happen this way but I'm sure there's been some that have been done pretty well just haven't seen any of them being good personally) .

Public Defenders - Agree:
A Public Defender could be a good thing especially if it's someone who is actually trying to help out newer players that don't have friends and could be used well if not abused and could enhance RP by a lot if used correctly. Sounds like something that should already be a job (kind of surprised it isn't).

Governor - Disagree: We already have a Mayor pretty much controlling the taxes and making laws that usually aren't followed unless enforced by the PD so the Governor job would be just a waste if all it contributes to is declaring marital law and would definitely be used to just farm the paycheck and probably wouldn't enhance RP and just cause a bigger strain towards the whole Crim VS Cop debate.

Conclusion: This suggestion is a pretty interesting conversation and could probably be a really good idea, or bad depending on the way these jobs are even considered implemented. My stances can also change if anyone can me some good points why we would need them and ideas about what they can actually do. In reality though, Monolith isn't much of Realistic RP server with lots of rules and regulations and is just more of time killer to just hang out and have fun with your buddies or relax and drive around in my opinion. but I do agree on the fact that I would like to see more jobs for people who have done every other job in the server so far.
If you make judge a whitelisted job then I agree with both Public defenders and Judges.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

There have been many discussions in the past about this. However, we never went through with such jobs, because it would delay the arresting process quite a bit, which would frustrate players, even though it be a good way to promote passive roleplay.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.