MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Before I get into it, I would like to clear some things up

1. If you came here looking for leaks, prepare to be disappointed. I made a promise choosing to join the staff team and it is a promise I intend to uphold.
  2. I ask of you, before you reply to this, to think about what you‘re going to say and how you’re going to say it. Please keep it civil and if you don’t have anything constructive to add, please don’t comment.
  3. This is not an accusatory post, merely feedback and my personal opinion.

Alright.

Part I: The Roleplay

This will be the shortest section, but I still have a decent amount to say about it. To be brief—the RP is dismal. No one really does it, and FragRP has completely taken over. If you want to do FragRP, that’s fine, but this isn’t the right server for it. There’s plenty of good MilitaryRP and DarkRP servers that can quench your thirst for digital blood. I’m hoping 2.0 will put some life back into the roleplay, but as of now it isn’t looking good. It’s been suggested before, I know, and it won’t happen, I know, but I think they should wipe all non-permanent bans. I also thing that they should wipe banks and money, and give people a reason to do RP again. Skill levels should stay, obviously, but the money and bank items should be wiped.

Part II: The Staff

After my experience with the staff team, I’ve changed my mindset about them and I do believe the management is the reason the player count is dropping. There’s a couple of smaller things, such as people getting promoted who shouldn’t have or vice versa. They also have a high level of immunity, which I suppose makes sense, (they are the staff after all) but in my opinion it’s much too high. Staff reports can mostly just float over their heads, and the ones that don’t aren’t enforced or talked about much.

The next thing is attitude. I understand that they have to deal with annoying players who get mad and yell all the time, but they do not have to do it. They can leave the team any time they want, or even just take a break. That isn’t an excuse for being unwelcoming or cold or even rude at times. When I joined, I was only felt welcomed by a few other members of the team, and it did not feel like a place I could be myself. It felt like I wasn’t wanted, and that the rest of the team just wanted me gone. After the initial joy I felt for a few days, I began to see what actually was happening. The upper management wasn’t listening to complaints from the server mods and admins, and was incredibly strict. There were some exceptions, of course, but the majority seemed to ignore us. If I’m being honest, a few more days later and I would’ve quit on my own. It was too hard to just have fun, and the rest of the team was always uptight and hovering over me, even whilst in RP. I felt paranoid, like I’d accidentally mess something up and lose my position.

As a player, I view the staff similarly. They are way too uptight and nitpick the rules. Sometimes, if a friend and I are just messing around ourselves and having a good time, if we need something from staff, we hesitate to make a report because we’re afraid they’ll find something wrong with what we’re doing and take it down. I won’t go into too much detail about the punishment system, but there’s more an emphasis on the players history than the rule-break. For instance, someone could have a perfectly clean record, but then maliciously prop push and get a warning point or maybe a day-or-two physgun blacklist. Or alternatively, someone could have a history of various offenses and push their car out of a ditch with a chunk and get a two week ban. Various systems in management need to change, and when recruiting new members, the staff has to put a huge emphasis on attitude and demeanor.

Part III: The Rules

In my opinion, and I’ve talked with a lot of people who agree with me, the rules are way too strict. Well, the rules themselves aren’t too strict. It’s just the additions that fall under “use common sense.” Everyone’s idea of what that means can be interpreted differently, and so it’s essentially down to whichever staff’s on opinion on the interpretation on whether you get a warning point or told it’s fine. The rules need to be made less confusing, and really loosened. Here is my edited version of the rules:

Again, please don’t reply to this post if you don’t have anything polite to add, I’d like to keep this thread civil.

To any staff members reading this: I am not inciting drama, I am merely stating my opinion and encouraging others to politely and civilly share their thoughts. Like you, I don’t want this to get out of hand, but if it does, I will take this post down.

Last edited:

Console

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I would like to add assuming anyone has common sense is definitely a setup for failure. Like it was stated above, everyone has their own interpretation of what sense is, and let's be fair some of the younger players just haven't matured enough to really internalize what common sense is. I would also like to add that along with staff's attitude, player's attitudes need to change. Time and time again I see people trying to prove something to people they don't even know. We need to set aside our egos and just be a little nicer to each other.

puvz

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

frag rp is why so many people play, if you dont like it just avoid it easy peasie (just passiveRP ur basically untouchable). We arent moving servers because u dont like being put on a 3 min death timer

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So for some reason the spoiler doesn’t work so here’s what should be there:
  • RP - Roleplay - To act and speaks as if you are the character you are portraying. It means to keep your speech in the context of the setting in which your character exists. Context can be defined as both time and place.
  • IC - In-Character - This refers to anything that relates to what and how your character feels and acts. This does not represent what you believe personally.
  • OOC - Out-Of-Character - This refers to representing yourself and your own personal opinions and feelings. This may not interfere with IC roleplay.
  • NLR - New-Life-Rule - Your portrayed character can not remember any of the events leading up to, and including, his death.
  • Metagaming - Taking OOC to IC or vice-versa. Example: Bob would be walking down the street as he’d see a citizen who is an undercover cop. However, he uses the scoreboard to know he’s an undercover cop and avoids him based on using information not known to the character.
  • Meta-Baiting - Using OOC to lure someone IC or vice versa. Example: Bob would say in the OOC chat “Free money at the alleyway!” which two people would walk into and Bob mugging them.
  • Powergaming - Forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it at all, causing you to have an unfair advantage. This can range from a deputy holding you down without counter to a criminal dragging you somewhere. Example: Brad grabs Bob and presses him on the ground; he can't move or do anything as he’d ignore the attempts of Bob resisting.
  • FearRP - The act of roleplaying fear as your character. This means that your character’s life is in danger and have to respond properly towards it.
  • Mingebag - A 10+ year-old term derived from a movie based on Garry’s Mod servers, that refers to a dumb player who intends to cause chaos.
  • RDM - Random Deathmatch - The process of killing people without valid In-Character reasons.
  • RDA - Random Arrest - The process of arresting people without valid In-Character reasons.
  • VDM - Vehicle Deathmatch - The process of killing people without valid In-Character reasons - just with a vehicle.
  • Fail Driving - The process of having no regard to any roleplay when in a vehicle, be it slamming into most if not all objects purposely. Failure to comply with this will result in punishments of FailRP. This is different from in-character reckless driving which is not prohibited by our rules.
  • FailRP - Actions performed by your character that are not realistic and do not correlate with the setting of the server and your roleplay role.
  • FTVL - Failure To Value Life - The act of not valuing the life of your character, such as running into active shootouts.
  • ERP - Erotic Roleplay - Any role-playing activity performed mostly, or exclusively, for the purpose of sexual behavior.
  • Voiding - Ignoring a specific event and the effects it has made on the roleplay - Mainly executed/called by staff members.
  • Stalling - The act of not following orders (for example: whilst under gunpoint) awaiting a friend or someone else to take action.
  • Kidnapping - to seize and detain or carry away by unlawful force or fraud and often with a demand for ransom.
  • Raid - The act of breaking into or illegally entering a property with the intent to rob, kill, or commit any kind of criminal action to its residents, or to any items inside of the property.
  • Mugging/Robbery - The act of stealing someone's personal belongings in a public place.
  • Government Job - Refers to any member of the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Fire Department, Medical Services, Mayoral Services, Taxi Service, Delivery Service and Tow Truck Service.
  • Admin Sit - Administrative Situation - The process of being brought into a private area, such as a roof, by a staff member to OOC’ly talk about (a) past situation(s) you have been reported for or partook in.
  • Cop Baiting - The act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
[1] General Rules

1. This community has respect as a core value; therefore we ask that you treat everybody with respect and give them a chance to experience the community. Treat those the way you would want to be treated.
  2. Do not take matters into your own hands. The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
  3. Slander will not be tolerated within this community; the only place where accusations can be made against other members of the community is within the report forums and when speaking to an appropriate member of staff. When making an accusation against a member of staff, a higher ranking staff member should be spoken to - that is, if you don't want to submit a staff report in the appropriate forum.
  4. We do not tolerate any malicious or illegal activity on our services. This includes, but is not limited to threatening to Dox or DDoS anyone within the community, to hack a players account, scam someone of something that has real monetary value, spreading of malware, sharing IP addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, names, pictures or email addresses.
  5. We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.
  6. Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.
    1. Community Management reserve the right to instate cheating infractions based on suspicious activity.
  7. ERP may be done between consenting parties in private.
  8. You may not spam in any way and form. This includes, but is not limited to, in-game chat, voice chat and in-game commands.
  9. Advertising products or servers not directly affiliated to Monolith Servers is not permitted in any form.
  10. Commercial use of virtual assets in-game is reserved to Monolith Servers alone. You may therefore not trade in-game money for actual real money or vice versa. The one allowed exception is trading a purchase of Premium Membership for in-game value. We do however not recommend such a trade since there is a risk that you may get scammed. We do not assume any responsibility for such a trade with another player.
  11. The usage of any kind of anti-AFK script or external game modification software is not tolerated. Using some form of AI to perform farming, mining, etc. is not allowed. The only exception we allow is the usage of the +attack command as long as you're immediately able to respond to ingame actions. If you do not respond to a staff members attempts to get your attention, you are liable for breaching this rule.
  12. Do not bother staff members regarding ban appeals, refund requests, etc. Doing so may result in the ban appeal, refund request, etc. being denied.
  13. You must report a rule-breach when it happens/when a role-play situation is over with. While you await a staff member, do not stall the situation as a staff member will intervene as they see fit.
  14. Do not backseat moderate. If someone is metagaming in OOC, let online staff take care of it; we don't need 15 different people pointing it out every time.
  15. Private messages (!pm) are OOC and may not be used for any kind of IC communication. In return, iMessage may not be used for OOC communication.
  16. Any use of external or internal changes to the game to gain a crosshair in-game that isn't made by us, will result in an exploiting/cheating infraction.
[2] Roleplay Rules

[2.1] General

1. You must act realistically at all times. You may not run around not roleplaying at all. Do note that you will be playing a character.
  2. You must have a proper character name. Any troll and celebrity names are not allowed.
  3. You may not return to the area you died at for a timespan of 10 minutes (NLR).
    1. You may not return to the area you died at if the situation is still ongoing.
    2. You are required to leave the area you died at immediately if you happen to respawn there.
    3. You may not kill someone for killing you in your previous life.
    4. You may return to the area you died if you own a property there or to retrieve a vehicle.
  4. You may not suicide or ‘AFK’ to avoid a roleplay situation.
    1. You may not suicide unless the opposing party agrees.
  5. You may not destroy someone's property without a valid roleplay reason.
  6. You may not grab someone's belongings and hide them or throw them into an area where they can't retrieve it.
  7. You may only use adverts to advertise your business or similar. Think of the advertisements like an advert within the newspapers - keep it realistic. It is not required to advertise a raid, robbery or something similar to these.
  8. You may not disconnect to avoid a role-play situation. You must contact ingame staff and be granted permission incase you want to leave during an active role-play situation.
  9. You are allowed to boost one player at a time to enter an already accessible area.
    1. You may boost players while standing on a vehicle or a non-frozen prop. Stacking props or placing additional props on vehicles is not allowed.
    2. You may not boost into an area that would not be accessible by any other means than boosting. Law Enforcement is allowed to climb onto roofs, with the appropriate permission, only to gather evidence of neighbouring illegal activities.
    3. You may use boosts to hop fences.
    4. You may use boosts to shoot at other players.
  10. In-character scamming other players of in-game items are limited to either 20.000 dollars in cash OR three firearms of any kind. You may only scam someone for EITHER the money or firearms, not both. Scamming regarding membership to organizations is not allowed under any circumstances.
[2.2] Player versus Player

1. You may not kill or knock out players without a valid In-Character reason, however valid In-Character reasons can extend to roleplaying as a serial killer or hitman, but RP should be carried out realistically.
  2. Vehicle Deathmatch is not allowed without a proper reason. You may use your vehicle as a weapon if you or a befriended life is in immediate danger.
  3. Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.
  4. Reasons for killing another player last until your character dies (NLR), you become aware that the other party has died (NLR), or until one hour has passed since the cause of the reason occurred.
  5. Surrendered parties (in a Raid, Mugging, Kidnapping and/or Robbery) may not be killed unless they are actively resisting, not valuing their life, threatening to kill or snitch on you, yelling for help or the Law Enforcement, or fail to fulfil requested demands.
  6. During a PvP situation, such as muggings and raids etc, you may not kill surrendered parties simply for speaking a few words, unless they are actively yelling for help, trying to attract attention, insulting or threatening you (refer to rules 2.2.2 and 2.2.4).
  7. You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.
  8. You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle.
  9. You may not enter an instanced property (apartment/garage) if you are being actively chased by an opposing party, nor may you hide in instanced property if an opposing party is searching for you. If in doubt, don't enter.
  10. Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
  11. You are required to give the opposing party a reasonable time-period to respond and act upon your commands in situations where the rules allow various outcomes based on how the opposing party reacts. You need to make sure the opposing party heard you. Keep the voice-chat delay in mind.
  12. The Third-Person view may not be used before and during combat. This includes switching back and forth from your equipped weapons to perform this action.
  13. You may not harm or attack a public passiveRP situation, unless it endangers your life or you have IC knowledge of illegal activity being conducted by the participants. These situations include, and are not limited, to: public player owned stores (open for business), car rallies, carnivals and markets.
[2.3] Metagaming/Powergaming

1. Metagaming is not allowed. Any kind of information you gain via OOC may not be used IC. Any IC information may not be provided in OOC.
    1. This excludes helping out new players in OOC asking specific questions for their start.
  2. Meta-baiting is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, using OOC to lure someone to a certain location.
  3. Powergaming, forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it, is not allowed.
[2.4] FearRP

1. You must correctly follow FearRP when a situation calls for it, such as when you are being held at gunpoint. Roleplay should reflect on how you would approach a similar situation in real-life.
  2. You may not draw or equip your weapon while under FearRP by at least two or more players. FearRP applies when you are exposed to at least two or more held (actively held, not in holster/on back) weapons, whereof at least one is directly pointed at you / off safety.
  3. FearRP does not apply when you are put at gunpoint, or in striking distance of a melee weapon by less than two players. If there are less than two players you may try to run or fight back. If you have your weapon out (on safety or off safety), you are always allowed to attack players who aim straight at you - independent of how many they are.
  4. You can only be put under FearRP by individuals within your close vicinity (Voice Range).
  5. FearRP only applies for vehicles if the driver is placed at gunpoint by two players, with at least one player at the driver-side window. Any other instance does not constitute FearRP for the driver, and the driver and the vehicles passengers may flee.
  6. When under FearRP you must obey orders given to you as long as they are within server rules.
[2.5] Base Building

1. You may not use one-sided see-through props for defensive measures.
  2. You must support your props accordingly and not go against the law of physics.
  3. You may not use props to get from your property to another property/otherwise unreachable area.
  4. You may not block off any entrances/exits to your building. All entrances need to be accessible at all times.
  5. You may not build unfair defences. Both parties (attacking and defending) need to be able to look each other into the eyes. Unfair defences include defences where the attacking party is unable to shoot the defending party without crouching, but the defending party being able to shoot them right away.
[2.6] FailRP

1. You must abide by realistic roleplay measures. If something you are doing is illogical in a real life situation, then you can’t do it on the server.
  2. You may not continuously spam “E” on a door to prevent someone from breaking in.
  3. You may not jump into a vehicle while handcuffed unless another person in or around said vehicle does a /me of opening the door for you. This rule does not apply for being forced into a police car by a Law Enforcement Officer.
  4. You may not produce any type of drug inside government/un-owned buildings, near NPC's, or in public areas.
  5. You may not cop bait - the act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
[3] Chat & Voice Rules

1. You may not use voice chat for OOC communication if it in any way impedes or disturbs ongoing roleplay.
  2. Do not break character, stay in character at all times unless you are in an administrative situation.
  3. Do not complain about players in OOC chat, report them to the administration with as much information as possible using the !report command.
  4. You are not allowed to play music through voice chat or use a voice changer.
  5. Under ordinary circumstances, you must speak English as your main method of communication. However, on private property you may speak a language which you prefer.
  6. Private discord calls may not be used for IC information, however you can in channels on our server.
[4] Criminal Rules

Criminal rules are not limited to illegal activities, this is merely a term.

[4.1] Mugging, Kidnapping and Robbing

[4.1.1] Mugging

1. You must wait out a 35-minute delay to do another mugging after your previous attempt that was successful. Any person in your party partaking in the mugging are also affected by this cooldown.
  2. You cannot force somebody to withdraw money from their bank account and give it to you.
  3. You may only take illegal items from a player’s inventory. Weapons, regardless of legality, are able to be obtained. No more than $8,000 in cash can be mugged from another player in any robbery. As the victim you have to drop all your money up to $8,000 maximum if you are in a situation that does not go against FearRP.
  4. You may not kill somebody for not giving out your requested amount of money if he does not have enough on him.
  5. You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.
  6. You can however kill and harm someone near and at all these locations, granted that you have a reason from earlier. If a player is farming, crafting, metalworking, brewing, or cooking next to an NPC, this rule is voided and they are susceptible to criminal roleplay. Taking hostages while raiding the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Penitentiary or Bank also creates an exemption to this rule.
  7. If you are caught by police, and or arrested, any money that you gained from a hostage/kidnapping situation or robbery, MUST be returned on request of the officers.
[4.1.2] Kidnapping

1. You may not ask for more than 20,000$ for each hostage during a hostage situation.
  2. In order to be considered a hostage, the player has to be restrained/zip-tied during the hostage-situation. Otherwise they can be seen as a hostile threat, and dealt with as the opposition sees fit, while respecting other applicable rules. Furthermore, hostage takers cannot end negotiations if the Police Department is complying with their demands, as long as such demands are allowed by the rules.
  3. Any item lost during a hostage situation that takes place solely for monetary or materialistic gain may not be refunded, nor the raid timer voided. This rule takes effect if you are the instigating party, and the item was lost due to a single or light rule-break. This is up to staff discretion.
[4.1.3] Robbing

1. You may not rob the bank with more than 8 people in total; at any given time - regardless if they are outside or inside the building. This excludes hostages.
    1. Active participants need to stay within property bounds of the property that's being robbed and may engage in combat.
    2. Passive participants (such as informants) may stay outside the property that's being robbed but may not engage in combat.
  2. Law Enforcement Officers may confiscate illegal weapons that are for sale.
  3. You may not rob someone for the keys to their vehicle or property. You may however force them to unlock their vehicle or property at gunpoint.
[4.2] Criminal Raiding Rules

1. You may only perform one raid (this counts for both ownable, un-ownable and goverment/public buildings), a hostage/kidnapping situation, or both situations simultaneously, per hour. This counts for successful situations. Survivors of a raid may ignore the “raid cool-down” if they decide to free crew members from police custody or retrieve lost gear from the Police Department.
  2. You may not participate in a criminal raid if you are a government employee.
  3. If the mayor's approval rating is below 30%, or you have a proper In-Character reason, players can attempt a coup. Any corruption made by the mayor (note that this corruption must be certain and not a suspicion) creates a valid reason to assassinate them.
  4. You may not lock your doors right after they were lock-picked by criminals or forced open by the law enforcement. Accept the fact that the locks of your doors are temporarily broken.
  5. Players can only raid the Town Hall if the mayor has an approval rating below 30% or proven to be corrupt. Once their goal is achieved, they must flee. They may not stick around.
  6. Killing during raids should be carried out sensibly. If there is a legitimate threat on the property of which you are raiding, it is reasonable to enter with the intent to kill. For example, if anyone at the targeted property has a weapon equipped, the base as a whole constitutes a legitimate threat and you may kill everyone that has not visibly surrendered inside it.
  7. Prop placement during a raid or gunfight is strictly forbidden. Law Enforcement is exempt from this rule as long as it’s done to set a perimeter.
  8. During a police raid, the defending party of a raid is required to stay within their property limits unless their intention is to flee and hide from law enforcement.
  9. The Third-Person view inside vehicles may not be utilized to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Gathering information about defense setup and people’s position is prohibited.
  10. You may not perform hostage situations nor hide or barricade yourself for defense purposes (against an opposing party) in spawn areas, including the casino, hospitals and church.
[4.3] Crews

1. Crew names must be reasonable and can't suggest or contain any racial, sensitive topics or profound words. Examples such as "Isis", "Meme Lords", "Nazi" are unacceptable.
  2. You may not kill other players just because you are in a crew. Being in a crew does not give you a valid roleplay reason to kill.
  3. You may not declare war over ridiculous situations such as a car accident. War is declared when both sides engage in an actual feud regarding drugs, weapons or territory.
[5] Governmental Rules

[5.1] General

1. You must abide by traffic laws regardless of your position. During emergency situations you may bypass traffic laws when required only when utilizing either emergency lighting or sirens. You must still drive in a safe manner.
  2. You may not partake in any illegal activity. Detectives are exempt from this rule.
  3. You may not participate in the running or owning of a business establishment such as a shop, while on duty.
  4. You may not abuse your job by misusing your powers or farm XP.
  5. You may not go AFK while on duty/in-service without contacting a staff member beforehand.
  6. You may not perform random searches unless you have reasonable suspicions or concrete evidence of crimes being committed. Law Enforcement may search a player in custody for their safety, or if it is required to establish the identification of a player in custody. Furthermore, relevant authorities may search players in special zones, such as inside the PD or Mayor's Office or during special events.
  7. Don'ts:
    • Law Enforcement: e.g. searching someone that visits the drug dealer NPC location frequently.
    • Secret Service: e.g. searching someone that comes close to the mayor.
    • Security Guard: e.g. searching someone entering the bank or gas station.
  8. Corruption is allowed without permission, but must be done realistically and sensibly.
[5.2] Law Enforcement

[5.2.1] General Law Enforcement Rules

1. Law Enforcement may only use deadly force when the situation requires the protection of themselves or others. For example, if a person is threatening your life, you may use your weapon in self-defense.
  2. Law Enforcement may not harm any other government officials - like the Mayor - but if roleplayed well they can work with others to bring them down.
  3. Law Enforcement may not randomly pull somebody over and order them out of the vehicle without reasonable suspicion taking place. You must have a valid roleplay reason.
  4. Law Enforcement may not place spike strips off a road as it can hurt civilians. As soon as the situation no longer requires your spike stripes, you must remove them.
  5. Law Enforcement may not take weapons from a player’s inventory without a valid reason. However, you may take weapons which were used in a robbery or combat situation.
  6. Law Enforcement may not abuse the taser. You must have a valid reason to tase a player. You may deploy your taser during a gunfight or active shootout to take down criminals if they are not directly facing or shooting at you.
  7. In a hostage situation, you are obligated to value the life of the hostage and begin negotiations. A superior Law Enforcement Officer/Lead Negotiator may, however, call off negotiations at any time if they are not being successful. This includes, but it is not limited to the hostage takers not complying with negotiation terms, constantly threatening law enforcement or refusing to negotiate.
[5.2.2] SWAT Rules

1. A SWAT officer can not perform simplistic police activities like traffic stops or issuing traffic tickets, but can be called as backup if approved by the Mayor, Sheriff, Chief or Assistant Chief. They may only patrol during either emergency state or exceptionally risky conditions within the city.
  2. As a SWAT officer, you are not above the Sheriff, Chief, Assistant Chief or Lieutenants. You might have better equipment, but you have no commands over the Police Department and Sheriff's Department.
  3. During a shootout, the SWAT Commander will take charge over the coordination and tactics of the Sheriff's Department. If there is no SWAT Commander at the time, SWAT will lead each other with supervision from the Sheriff, Chief or Assistant Chief.
  4. As a SWAT officer, you may not be on "standby" for a prolonged period of time at the police station if there is no imminent situation or context warranting SWAT. Active and coordinated training in the SWAT team can always be a valid reason for SWAT to be deployed, unless the Sheriff requests SWAT to flag down.
[5.2.3] Law Enforcement Raid Rules

1. In order to perform a police raid, you must gather video or picture evidence to prove that there is illegal activity going on at that specific property. 911 calls can not be used as evidence to raid a property.
    1. Law Enforcement is exempt from this rule if their life or the life of others are in danger (ex: Being shot at or threatened with a deadly weapon, or a suspect they are actively chasing enters a property during the chase). If either of these situations occurs they can immediately raid the property.
    2. Reports regarding false police raids must be made prior to the end of the police raid or the report will be closed and the situation will be considered handled in-character.
  2. As Law Enforcement, once you have performed a raid, regardless of whether or not the raid was successful, you cannot raid the same property again, unless you meet the rule requirements that permit law enforcement to raid a property.
  3. Law Enforcement may ignore NLR and come back if called by active units on scene until they have died twice for all raids, except Police or Sheriff's Department raids.
[5.2.4] Police Detective Rules

1. The detective is an undercover Law Enforcement Officer and may perform normal police duties. He's required to ID himself to Law Enforcement Officers when requested. Refusal of identification is not an option.
  2. Detectives are allowed to perform certain illegal activities such as growing and doing illegal substances with other people as long as they immediately report these to the police to bust them. You may also perform in raids with permission from Lieutenants or above. During these activities you have to assist the police officers to catch the criminals. The detective can not be charged for performing these illegal activities.
  3. Detectives may not bait people into committing crimes. The civilians need to suggest these to you instead before you may take action.
  4. Detectives are above regular police deputies, but take orders from Sergeants and above.
  5. Detectives are allowed to equip and use any weapon of their choice while on duty. This is required when e.g. basing with people to not blow their cover.
  6. The role as detective may not be abused to e.g. receive intel from the police radio and use it to their advantage (e.g. crews using this intel while being raided). It's up to the staff teams discretion to deem certain actions as detective as abuse.
[5.2.5] Department of Corrections

1. Corrections cadets, officers and warden's jurisdiction only covers the Penitentiary and the road leading to it. Cadets and officers need to remain inside the specified area, unless they are chasing prisoners escaping from prison.
  2. Corrections cadets, officers cannot release prisoners without permission from the Mayor or the Warden. A prisoner cannot be released without a proper reason.
[5.3] Mayor

1. As the Mayor, you represent the city, but can accept bribes, engage in the overseeing of certain illegal operations but can not actually engage in any criminal activities, only observe it. This includes growing weed or creating drugs.
  2. As the Mayor, you may not create laws that are unrealistic. A staff member will request that you revoke a law if they believe it is unrealistic.
  3. As the Mayor, you may not overrule a permanent law. Permanent laws are the laws which are already set whilst there are no active laws and they are shown above your custom laws.
  4. As the Mayor, you may not carry any illegal weaponry. You are allowed to own a handgun. You are only allowed to carry it and use it if you are in danger.
  5. As the Mayor, you are not above the law and are liable for arrests and tickets like any other citizen.
[5.4] Emergency Services

[5.4.1] Emergency Services General Rules

1. As a Medic, you are not allowed to be open for-hire to be a combat medic, meaning you can not specifically assist crews with medical supplies and medical assistance.
  2. As a Firefighter, you are not allowed to be for-hire to put out fires specifically for people's drug sets.
  3. You may not carry any weapons. If you are in danger call the Police Department or Sheriff's Department.
  4. You may not heal another player who is actively in combat with others. You must wait until the combat is over.
[5.4.2] Emergency Services Raid Rules

1. You can be on scene during a raid or robbery only to assist Law Enforcement, after the situation is over. You can not directly follow them inside the building they are raiding, but you are able to go in and provide any medical assistance after the police contain the situation.
[5.5] Secret Service

1. As a Secret Service agent you do not share the same responsibilities, nor do you have the same jurisdiction as the Police Department or Sheriff's Department. You may therefore not perform police duties.
  2. Your role as a Secret Service employee is to protect the mayor; therefore, you may not put yourself up for hire while employed.
  3. As a Secret Service agent you are not above the law. You are liable for arrests and tickets like any other citizen.
[5.6] Security Guard

1. As Security Guard, you may only patrol inside and around public buildings. Patrolling inside and around private property is also allowed, with permission of the Head of Security, if there is one on duty.
  2. As Security Guard, you do not share the same jurisdiction as the local Police Department and Sheriff's Department, but may use tools available for you within your assigned area of patrol. This includes crime prevention in that area.
    1. Security Guards may assist civilians in need and protect them within their allocated area of patrol. They are required to call the Police Department or Sheriff's Department for active investigation and hand over the scene.
    2. Security Guards may under no circumstances participate in police chases nor assist the Police Department and Sheriff's Department in active shootouts unless they happen within their allocated areas of patrol.
  3. Your assigned load-out may only be used against criminals within your assigned area of patrol.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

It may benefit from some form of pointing out what you propose be changed with the rules

Melkor

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Did you seriously copy and past all those rules in here rather then simply quoting ones you had issues with or directing people to the rules post itself...

Backflare

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It was too hard to just have fun, and the rest of the team was always uptight and hovering over me, even whilst in RP. I felt paranoid, like I’d accidentally mess something up and lose my position.
As part of the recruitment team I can assure you that other staff members watching you while you are on duty is because you were a TRIAL moderator, Staff were not doing that to try to "catch" you or get you demoted its because you were new to the position and they were there to help you and make sure that the sit went smoothly. As for staff doing it while you were in RP I have personally watched staff members RPing because there were no reports and it was more enjoyable than just flying around waiting for reports. Now to deal with that final part, I believe most people feel that way when they go out of their comfort zone and try something new I also felt that way when I was given that position I was afraid I would break a rule and be demoted but that just doesn't happen unless its a serious rule break.

For instance, someone could have a perfectly clean record, but then maliciously prop push and get a warning point or maybe a day-or-two physgun blacklist. Or alternatively, someone could have a history of various offenses and push their car out of a ditch with a chunk and get a two week ban.
Someone with a clean record usually means they are new so depending on a few things including the severity & their attitude towards the rule break during the sit. Now I have never seen a person get a 2 week ban for prop pushing a car to get it unstuck, Someone who has a history of prop pushing might receive a few days Physgun blacklist or a warning point or 2 at the extreme maybe a 2 day ban if they do it everyday and don't care about breaking the rule. I find it hard to believe that someone could be banned for 2 weeks for just getting a car unstuck with a prop.

Zenius

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Your points have already been raised a few times, I see nothing new here, just seems like you want attention.

Console

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

If you aren't enjoying being apart of the community, you could try other games, take a break, find a new hobby and then return at a later date.
Your points have already been raised a few times, I see nothing new here, just seems like you want attention.
These types of attitudes it why nothing will change and it will continue until something is done about it. I think part of it is definitely attention-seeking but that shouldn't draw attention away from the problems. Speaking IS doing something about it, you guys try and discourage that is enabling the problem.

uiceheid

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

i think we all know why numbers are dropping and have been ever since monoford came out, the fact you point it out even more is a + because people think its just FragRP is why its dying, it's really the only reason most people play its basically the endgame to most. so don't shit on others entertainment just because you don't enjoy it i mean what really else can you do? lol be real

Console

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

i think we all know why numbers are dropping and have been ever since monoford came out, the fact you point it out even more is a + because people think its just FragRP is why its dying, it's really the only reason most people play its basically the endgame to most. so don't shit on others entertainment just because you don't enjoy it i mean what really else can you do? lol be real
There's a big difference between FragRP and wanting to get into firefights. Shooting and killing is part of the game but, when you rather killing than actually trying to RP it out(obviously it isnt always gonna be able to be rped), it becomes where you are shitting on the entertainment of the people who want to actually rp. Simply put, that part of the gamemode relies on the players doing and how they act. The other half of this post relies on the staff and their take on the rules/how things are settled.

Jordan Vercetti

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

These types of attitudes it why nothing will change and it will continue until something is done about it. I think part of it is definitely attention-seeking but that shouldn't draw attention away from the problems. Speaking IS doing something about it, you guys try and discourage that is enabling the problem.
and what needs to be changed exactly?
There's a big difference between FragRP and wanting to get into firefights. Shooting and killing is part of the game but, when you rather killing than actually trying to RP it out(obviously it isnt always gonna be able to be rped), it becomes where you are shitting on the entertainment of the people who want to actually rp. Simply put, that part of the gamemode relies on the players doing and how they act. The other half of this post relies on the staff and their take on the rules/how things are settled.
For the 100th time, this server is not a serious RP server. The whole idea of other people only RPing because that's the way YOU get your entertainment is just selfish and makes no sense. Different people find different things fun to do and whether that's a full on passive role-player or someone that likes getting into shootouts no-matter what one side is gonna find a way to complain.
This will be the shortest section, but I still have a decent amount to say about it. To be brief—the RP is dismal. No one really does it, and FragRP has completely taken over. If you want to do FragRP, that’s fine, but this isn’t the right server for it. There’s plenty of good MilitaryRP and DarkRP servers that can quench your thirst for digital blood. I’m hoping 2.0 will put some life back into the roleplay, but as of now it isn’t looking good. It’s been suggested before, I know, and it won’t happen, I know, but I think they should wipe all non-permanent bans. I also thing that they should wipe banks and money, and give people a reason to do RP again. Skill levels should stay, obviously, but the money and bank items should be wiped.
Last I remembered, your idea of roleplay is riding around as a detective with your friend putting on weird voices and annoying everyone around you for your own pleasure. I was on the verge of demoting you when I was assistant chief because you kept threatening to taze and arrest random people.
It was too hard to just have fun, and the rest of the team was always uptight and hovering over me, even whilst in RP. I felt paranoid, like I’d accidentally mess something up and lose my position.
Your pretty much volunteering to have other peoples RP experience fall into your hands. If other staff weren't hovering you while you were in your trial phase then it wouldn't really make sense to be in a trial phase would it. If you felt like you had too much pressure put onto you only a week or 2 into staffing then good thing you weren't given regular moderator. On a daily basis most staff have to watch every move they make because they're supposed to set an example. What good is a staff member that breaks his own rules?? At the end of the day you weren't cut out to be a staff member and your thread helps prove it.

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Last I remembered, your idea of roleplay is riding around as a detective with your friend putting on weird voices and annoying everyone around you for your own pleasure. I was on the verge of demoting you when I was assistant chief because you kept threatening to taze and arrest random people.
We didn't taze/arrest anyone, and we *were* RPing as vigilantes

Console

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

and what needs to be changed exactly?
The rules and how they are inforced which is stated above and I am agreeing with, people feeding off of each others ego's like it's a high school movie, and just how people react to situations need to change.

For the 100th time, this server is not a serious RP server. The whole idea of other people only RPing because that's the way YOU get your entertainment is just selfish and makes no sense. Different people find different things fun to do and whether that's a full on passive role-player or someone that likes getting into shootouts no-matter what one side is gonna find a way to complain.
I think we can agree to disagree on how RP is set out. In my eyes I see PEOPLE as selfish for ONLY wanting to do FragRP and not giving regular RP a chance. It does not have to be serious rp to rp and I'v never said it was. I like to have fun and shoot people but if I am able to Ill RP it out I would. No one saying anyone HAS to do anything, It's just as a nice human being you should be considerate to other humans to an extent.

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Did you seriously copy and past all those rules in here rather then simply quoting ones you had issues with or directing people to the rules post itself...
Yea