Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I'm starting this thread to discuss organization tags and how they affect their members and others while working for a Government job.

My proposed points of discussion:
  1. Should Government workers (notably PD, SS and Security) be able to see what organization a user belongs to under their name?
  2. Should Government workers have their organization visible to others while on duty?
Applicable/relevant rules:
  • "Metagaming is not allowed. Any kind of information you gain via OOC may not be used IC. "
  • "Corruption [while working for the Government] is allowed with permission from a Senior Administrator or above."
(I know you're not supposed to use the org name IC, as it can be considered metagaming, but I know based on experience that it happens daily)

imaspy14

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

100% agree they should be invisible when in a government job as it does stop people talking shit and getting demoted for being in a different org

Same thing when being arrested have been locked in a cell while guards would not let me have yard Time because of what org im in and I sit their for an hour

Last edited:

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

100% SUPPORT!
This is always a problem and should have been a thing from the start.

I can say from experience that when im going to jail i get all my charges dropped just because the police officer sees my org tag, that's not right.

Even though it states you're not allowed to use this information it still happens a lot and its hard to track, just a simple change to disable the ability to see org information on many jobs will surely keep people on the correct path.

Last edited:

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I agree 100% I’ve had experience where Im at war with a org and they put me in jail longer and treat me differently because of what org I’m in.

jackstacs

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

+support
And that goes both ways.
If you are working in PD/SS/Security, basically any job where you could use force for any reason, then you should not be able to see orgs or have your org displayed. I would go one step above and say that displaying orgs above any player, aside from your own org, just invites all sorts of metagaming. It's information you can't use anyways, let's be real about it. "Uh, yeah, officer they all said *gang name* above their heads, sir."
"Oh, yeah it was definitely the Pine Street Cobra Bois that hit our coke factory, I saw the words over their heads! Let's get 'em!"

Unless I'm missing something, why do I need to see someone's org name above their head if they aren't in my org? That's from an in-character standpoint. I can't kill someone because of it. I can't really do anything because of it, it's just there for me to pretend not to see.

EDIT: Maybe players should have a "gang tattoo" option where they pay the identity registrant to have their org above their head, but then can't work gov't jobs? They can pay the identity registrant again to get rid of the "gang tattoo"

Whathe12

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

- Suppport
Recently I got demoted from PD because I arrested players in the Police Chiefs org and then he let them go. I wouldn’t of known if the chief was in their Org had I not seen his Org tag while he was on duty, thus not being able to make a report. (which I did and the chief got blacklisted because of it)

I think that the system is fine how it is, as I wouldn’t of been able to make my report if it was one of the other alternative systems.

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

- Suppport
Recently I got demoted from PD because I arrested players in the Police Chiefs org and then he let them go. I wouldn’t of known if the chief was in their Org had I not seen his Org tag while he was on duty, thus not being able to make a report. (which I did and the chief got blacklisted because of it)

I think that the system is fine how it is, as I wouldn’t of been able to make my report if it was one of the other alternative systems.
sounds corrupt lol

Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

- Suppport

I'm sure that if tags were removed from view, staff on duty would still be able to see them.
Is the Chief suspiciously releases someone, you don't really need to know their org, as that act by itself can smell of corruption and staff would have the tools to investigate.

Mak

Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Good you bring this up. I’ve witnessed that when you’re at war with the officer that about to arrest me, that he puts me in for longer that I should be in for.

I fully supports this. +support

Mr.Penguin

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

+Support gets rid of people being biast towards there org members and also if there org is at war with another org this would get rid of government officials targeting the other org.

Felix19

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

+support I've been kicked out of org for this.

RavenWolf

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

+support
but just one question do you mean just make it so government jobs can't see the org names or everyone in general cant see the org names

Bapho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

+support