Status
Not open for further replies.

Deruta

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I've been playing GMod for years joining servers from US to my servers in Asia, but never have I ever encountered a server so high in ping that it actually beats my connection to an American Server attempting to connect to even a Zimbabwe sever (izza joke, kinda). The relevancy mandates at a steady rate of 40 mins of RP to 10 mins of lag of 300-900+ ping. This occurs almost like wave at a time in CoD Zombies. The occurrence is unnoticed until it actually wants to incur itself. I know it doesn't concern my PC as it's maintained and built well, nor my internet as I keep personal tabs on it. Although I'm unsure if there are some extra steps towards connecting to your server that's the issue that may be prevailing.

Would there be in any case something that is required for me to have a more stable connection to the server, or would this be directly a user issue only and an undefinable one at that?

P.S.
Just as a formal notice, this won't really stop me from playing on the server, since this server is top notch in it's execution, but I'd love to have a more smoother experience with it. The only time I'll stop playing is when the server won't down right allow me to enter a feasible connection anymore.

John Buck

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

The high player count on the server makes everyone have bad ping, The servers are based in dallas as well. So I think it just might be the factor that you're in asia, as I can't see a bigger factor that would make your ping higher then the usual.

8B1T

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

The servers are hosted in Dallas TX, if you're connecting from China I see the issue.

Deruta

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Well I can see some points that just "connecting from" a place that may be out of country, or of some relevance (btw it's actually Japan), may be of concern to this issue. Although the real problem is that it doesn't actually have full factor, or enough value for the argument to be resolute by just that fact. I connect from this connection route:

V-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (<-Meaning all the way back)
Japan->Japanese ISP->US VPN Client->US ISP of that VPN->US Dallas Texas Gaming Server (Monolith)-^

That being said through a default test I'm only getting about 59-80 ping on average. Although in random occurrences as shown before, I'll suffer an insurmountable amount of lag.

That identifying by sole reason that there's something wrong server side directly, since it's not just a minor incident, but an actual game breaking inclusion. Yet I'm not the one that has to get down to this as it seems odd for this server ONLY to be doing this as throughout the day I've been on servers I don't even care for just to test out ping. Thus concluding that it doesn't deal with PC Hardware/Software incompatibility, ISP Compliance, or even personal Game Corruption. It's solely place on the server alone, and it's unstable connection line to my client and it's server.

*Yes, I know Asian guy connecting to US Servers, must be that, but I assure you that it has about 2% actual case to divert to as it really isn't doing much.*

D

Deleted member 902

Sadly not alot can be done regarding ping. try searching for some google gmod console remidies otherwise sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.