Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: ShotAnvil
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:31615557
Your Character Name: Michael Lewdhead

Target Steam Name: Sinlord Pink
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:64120009
Target Character Name (if known): Lt. Mortetti

Request Reason: Sinlord Pink just pushed me against the wall saying I can't park on the sidewalk, would not let me go and so I assume he is minging or power tripping, Since he did not turn on his light or siren and initiate a traffic stop or say quite literally anything but "You can't park there!" I decided to shoot at him, he put his car into reverse but then while not taking gunfire, just run me over.
When did the situation occur?: 0145 11/14/22
Your evidence to support your claim:

Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A
Read, understood, and followed player report rules?: Yes.

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Player is going to be notified to create a forum account. This report will be given a slight extension since the reported players not yet on the forums.

indiangeniusguy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I pinned him there in order to prevent him from getting away so I could give him a ticket since he wasn't willing to stop moving his vehicle after I initially moved mine in front of his and said "you can't park there". He responded by opening fire. So I rammed him with my car since it was faster than just exiting to shoot back. He got knocked out, so I dragged his body and cuffed it then jailed him for shooting at an officer since like, you're not allowed to shoot at cops by law. That is not an abuse of power, that's entirely within the realm of what we can do as far as I am aware. Like, the guy broke the law initially by parking improperly, which would've been a ticket. Then he tried to flee when he was pushing my vehicle away and trying to get away, but I stopped that. Then he tried to kill me, so I rammed him and subdued him, thereby allowing me to then arrest him.

Killjoy445

Years of Mono

LV

I pinned him there in order to prevent him from getting away so I could give him a ticket since he wasn't willing to stop moving his vehicle after I initially moved mine in front of his and said "you can't park there". He responded by opening fire. So I rammed him with my car since it was faster than just exiting to shoot back. He got knocked out, so I dragged his body and cuffed it then jailed him for shooting at an officer since like, you're not allowed to shoot at cops by law. That is not an abuse of power, that's entirely within the realm of what we can do as far as I am aware. Like, the guy broke the law initially by parking improperly, which would've been a ticket. Then he tried to flee when he was pushing my vehicle away and trying to get away, but I stopped that. Then he tried to kill me, so I rammed him and subdued him, thereby allowing me to then arrest him.
If you literally watch the video, I was not moving. You just kept pushing me back, You did not turn on your lights to initiate a traffic stop nor did you say I was detained. When I fired upon you and went into cover you just rammed your car into me. You showed no intentions of roleplaying with just kept me in a corner. When I initiated a gunfight you backed up and just rammed me. You literally had me into a corner, VDM is only allowed if you have no other choices. You can't just pin a car for a parking ticket and then say it is not an abuse of power. In an RP situation, you put me in a situation to defend myself when you're smashing my car against a wall.

indiangeniusguy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

If you literally watch the video, I was not moving. You just kept pushing me back, You did not turn on your lights to initiate a traffic stop nor did you say I was detained. When I fired upon you and went into cover you just rammed your car into me. You showed no intentions of roleplaying with just kept me in a corner. When I initiated a gunfight you backed up and just rammed me. You literally had me into a corner, VDM is only allowed if you have no other choices. You can't just pin a car for a parking ticket and then say it is not an abuse of power. In an RP situation, you put me in a situation to defend myself when you're smashing my car against a wall.
I did watch the video. It clearly shows that you pushed back the first time I got in front of you, and I reacted based on that. You then initiated a gunfight when I'd done nothing to attack you directly beyond trying to stop your vehicle. When you started the gunfight, I shot at you because I believed I would die if I didn't and I am supposed to play as though I were trying to keep my character alive. It was the most effective option available to stop you. I would have more than likely died if I'd taken the time to step out, pull out my gun, and engage in a direct firefight.

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I suppose my question to this is why you pulled your car into his originally generating a traffic collision?

The situation of course is illegal by parking on the curb. That being said, you could have just gotten out and talked. It’s not like the driver exited the car you probably could’ve just told him to move. It seems as though this situation was unnecessarily escalated.

indiangeniusguy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I suppose my question to this is why you pulled your car into his originally generating a traffic collision?

The situation of course is illegal by parking on the curb. That being said, you could have just gotten out and talked. It’s not like the driver exited the car you probably could’ve just told him to move. It seems as though this situation was unnecessarily escalated.
Yeah, admittedly I could have handled it better. But I don't think I outright broke the rules with my antics.

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Regarding this situation,
It will be concluded in the following manor:
1: Verbal warn to both parties.

Steam Name: ShotAnvil
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:31615557
Character Name: Michael Lewdhead

Rule Violated:

Player v. Player Rules:

(Numerous sub-sections but the below was most applicable)
2.2.8 You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but are not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.

Target Steam Name: Sinlord Pink
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:64120009
Target Character Name (if known): Lt. Mortetti

Rule Violated:
Police SoP via the below.

Traffic SoP
1000.4. At no time should an officer use unnecessary force during a traffic stop
Use Of Force SoP:
503.1. Officers shall use only that amount of force that reasonably appears necessary given
the facts and totality of the circumstances known to or perceived by the officer at the
time of the event to accomplish a legitimate law enforcement purpose.

Player Report Status: Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.