LV

Your Steam Name: Official Car Mechanic
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:172187914
Your Character Name: John Leonard

Target Steam Name: HuskyD0G (@HuskyD0G)
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:121982224
Target Character Name (if known): Simon Bendetti

Request Reason: Rule breaks,
Rule 2.2.12 - Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
Cop baiting - Calling the police to their property with intent to kidnap/mug responding officer.
Rule 4.1.5 - You may not kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular.

What happened was the MPD received a 911 call asking for the Asst Chief at Crooke Crest. Upon this call coming in LT Winters was first on the scene. Upon him arriving on the scene the caller Simon Bendetti continued to ask for the Asst Chief. After around 1-2 minutes I arrived on the scene. We were told that someone was trespassing on their property and asked them to be removed. After telling this to us they pointed out a man later identified as Viktor Sokolov. We followed Mr. Sokolov to a nearby property and spoke with him. During this conversation, we were getting ready to leave the scene but Simon Bendetti pulled a class 3 firearm, killing me without warning and attempting to "kidnap" the Asst Chief. This report is for a couple of reasons. #1 He called the police to attack/kidnap the police (CopBait). #2 He did not give me a chance to comply and shot without warning.

Trooper C. Winter's is able to provide another angle of the incident including video.

Mr. Sokolov is one of the associated criminals, during the situation he broke no rules but might be able to tell his side of the story to get all angles.

When did the situation occur?: 5/22/2021
Your evidence to support your claim: My Perspective - (Video)

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Trooper C. Winters @Astero @DystopianRaven
Read, understood, and followed player report rules?: Yes

Last edited:

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

A public copy of the video as requested: Link

So, we received a 911 call asking to speak with the Asst. Chief.

Now I was an MPD Lt. at the time and after I reviewed the call and saw that it was made in a "bad part of town" I thought I would go and backup the Asst. Chief.
After arriving on the scene the Asst. Chief was not there yet, I proceeded to find out why they made the call.

Then after talking with them the Chief arrived on the scene and they now have the first in Command and a Lt. yet they continued to ask for the Asst. Chief. (I found this odd as presumably, they want to report a corrupt officer and the Chief would have been able to handle that.)

After the Asst. Chief finely got on scene they changed their story and now started complaining about the guy in the Red/Black Suit (Victor) for trespassing and threatening them at their door.

At this point, they have a Lt, Asst. Chief and Chief to deal with a basic trespassing incident. At this point, Me and the Chief went to go over to talk with Victor about the incident and after talking for a few seconds the Chief without and warning he was shot in the back of the head.

After we all died I made a report as I want to talk about the situation as at the time I did not know if there was a rule break but I wanted to least talk about the situation as I believe there was no Role-play and I believe the Chief being shot was unjustified.

After reviewing my Video and refreshing myself on some of the rule's around this situation, I believe that one of the people involved was breaking the rules.

The rulebreaks that I observed were the following:
-------------------------------------
Cop baiting - As after talking with them, they made the 911 call with the sole purpose of getting the Asst. Chief there to Kidnap/Mug them. (Me john and the staff member can confirm they said this and if necessary I can get video of them saying it.

Rule 2.2.12 - As we were not Raiding/Arresting or an active threat to them. There was no reason to kill the Chief
-------------------------------------

--- Below is just something to think about if something like this were to happen again.

If I am being completely honest if we were to go back to when Simon had a gun to the back of the Cheif's head and if he just told him to put his hands up, I would have bet that he would have compiled and we could have just role-played this out instead of just having a shootout as Simon had the jump on him there was no way the chief could turn around and kill him before Simon kills him and before me and the Asst. Chief could have reacted.

And before someone just says that I or the Asst. Chief could have just shot him,
Ask yourself why would I shoot him when he has a gun to the back of the Chief's head there would be no way we could have saved him as Simon could have just killed him before we could do anything.

Last edited:

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I was with Simon but did not know of his intentions, we wanted to kidnap the asst. chief at the time but Simon had his own plan which he failed to inform us other members of the group at the time of what his plan was. I don't understand why Simon shot, but he was intending to kidnap the Asst Chief as you can hear in the provided video when he screams demanding they put their hands up.

Hate to throw Simon under the bus but me and the other member of the party intending of kidnapping the asst chief had no idea and were not informed of Simons plan which as we can see was a complete flop.
  1. Cop bating should not be an offense in this regard, literally can be handled in game with a police arrest for 911 Hoax.
  2. The kidnapping rule is up for debate, the quiet suburb street outside an already rented property is okay, technically police should've feared for their lives after seeing one officer go down too. The whole two gun fear RP doesn't always need to be taken into account here, Simon clearly had the upper ground as Simon had drawn his gun first he had the ability to shoot before anyone else could draw.
  3. Rule 2.2.8 specifies you may not kill law enforcement without valid reason, with a key point "These reasons depend on the context". The context in this situation is clear, despite how unorthodox is it. Simon saw an opportunity to attempt a kidnapping but first had to eliminate another party to get the upper hand. The Asst. Chief here did fail to value his life after an officer was executed next to him and therefore lost his life in the act of pulling out his gun to confront Simon who is already armed and ready to shoot. Asst Chief should've valued his life and the same goes for Officer Winters. It was a dangerous situation for them all, they were technically surrounded with unknown parties around them acting sus.

However, Simon did had reasonable intentions, just went about it in a shitty way. What I don't understand is why this is being brought up 6 Days later after the report had already been handled. Nothing should move forward with this report until @Astero gives his side as to why he let Simon off and or voided the situation and why only now 6 days later does he allow a forum report?

Yes I'm acting in the defense of Simon as someone who knows the rules in and out. The situation was unorthodox but technically valid, this report is emotionally driven being made 6 days after the event occurred.

D

Deleted member 12627

However, Simon did had reasonable intentions, just went about it in a shitty way. What I don't understand is why this is being brought up 6 Days later after the report had already been handled. Nothing should move forward with this report until @Astero gives his side as to why he let Simon off and or voided the situation and why only now 6 days later does he allow a forum report?
This is what I want to know, why was this seemingly handled in discord with astero and then 6 days later it pops up on forums? (Mind you @Trooper C. Winters and @John Leonard were present in mono RP 1) To my knowledge it was ruled a misunderstanding? I don't deny that what I did was cop bait, but what the fuck. No punishment was given, no heads up to my side that it was not handled. I was told by astero in discord that while my actions after the initial 911 call were all in RP. I shouldn't have called 911 trying to lure the ass.chief over that @DystopianRaven wanted to kidnap so badly. I was given the notion I received a verbal for the 911 cop bait as I don't have a history for copbaiting. I'm kind of confused here about the major lack of communication here. I was told my intentions in RP for kidnapping where ok, however my 911 call should not have happened. I would like @Astero to please give some insight here, because in discord he told me very clearly that the situation as a whole was fine, the only thing that was rulebreak worthy was my initial 911 call to try and get the ass chief to come so @DystopianRaven could kidnap him. I agree I made a fuckup with the 911, but it was like 4 AM and I wasn't thinking.

I also would like to know why you waited almost a week to post this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This will be my last response to this post as the only reason I even made my first response was the fact that I was asked to by a friend and I see no point to drag this on any longer.

The reason I even made a report that night is that I wanted to just talk about the situation; in no way was I looking to get someone punished. I just wanted to say that I felt that this situation could have been Role-played better.

I understand the reason you wanted to mess with the Asst. Chief and that's fine, but your plan did not go how you expected as you did not foresee me and the Chief coming to back him up. At this point, your plan had to change but instead of finding a way to work around this without killing someone who was just trying to do their job, you just took the easy route and killed everyone on the scene. Sure you got who you wanted but killed two people who wanted nothing to do with that and were just trying to do their job.

At the end of the day, I hope we all learned something from this and hopefully if something like this happens again we all can handle it differently.

Respectfully,
C. Winters

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12627

This will be my last response to this post as the only reason I even made my first response was the fact that I was asked to and I see no point to drag this on any longer.

The reason I even made a report that night is that I wanted to just talk about the situation; in no way was I looking to get someone punished. I just wanted to say that I felt that this situation could have been Role-played better.

I understand the reason you wanted to mess with the Asst. Chief and that's fine, but your plan did not go how you expected as you did not foresee me and the Chief coming to back him up. At this point, your plan had to change but instead of finding a way to work around this without killing someone who was just trying to do their job, you just took the easy route and killed everyone on the scene. Sure you got who you wanted but killed two people who wanted nothing to do with that and were just trying to do their job.

At the end of the day, I hope we all learned something from this and hopefully if something like this happens again we all can handle it differently.

Respectfully,
C. Winters
You're talking straight cap, if you didn't want me punished you wouldn't have responded to this report. That's some cap. I would also like to say I role play A LOT, however there are some situations as usual. I mess up on sometimes and I too am human, still regardless of the 911. I followed the usual Roleplay rules when trying to mug/kidnap. Person 1 was equipped and was eliminated, 2nd officer was told to surrender which obviously he did not because sokolov wasn’t fast enough with his machete and then he shot at me so he died. 3rd officer shot and was killed for that reason.

I also don’t know why you brought up the mugging in public rule, as it’s crooke crest, and you were on sokolov’s owned private property. Both parties where the only ones involved 3v3.

I’m going to be honest this seems like it was emotionally driven since it was almost a whole fuckin week ago. So I’m going to let whoever takes this do some talking with @Astero because he has some explaining to do in regards to this since no punishment was given except a firm talking to, and a warning to be careful next time. Yet after a full week, for some random reason astero let’s them make a forum report on a situation he was handling a week ago. I can’t lie this seems so off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astero

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @HuskyD0G , @DystopianRaven , and @Trooper C. Winters , @John Leonard
Apologies for the late response.
After reviewing the issue once again and taking another look over the rules; I feel this issue needed be handled properly on the forums and not how it occurred via VC. Overall was a mess if I'm honest; besides that's not the main purpose.

I wanted this situation to be handled accordingly as it should have been in the original sit in order to understand the situation and how it was a wrongdoing; while taking another look at the video after the sit with @Trooper C. Winters

I explained that if they/himself really wanted to make a PR to bring up the issue again; they can if they wanted to due to the following I noticed being breached in the scenario in hindsight:

After looking at the video thoroughly:
1 - The sidewalk is not your property, so it was not a raid to start with.
2 - No one was trying to arrest/kill Sokolov or yourself. Furthermore, your life was not in danger. Therefore, making the killing of @John Leonard an RDM situation as due to the following rule in place:
Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
3 - Due to making the 911 call with the intention of mugging police officers; that is not allowed as it's considered cop baiting.

4 - While it's not a public area, it was a crowded area where it occurred.
You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.

These rules were clarified by PMX as a second opinion to ensure that there were no gaps nor unclear wording.

I just wanted these noted because as an ex-staff member; these should be taking to heart and understood very well hence why the situation was brought up; and I also understand that everyone is human and make mistakes; especially on how late it was.

Furthermore, I would like to hear back from you in your response @HuskyD0G

I will now let a member of the Player Report Managment create a verdict of this report as I have nothing else to state.

Thank you,
Astero ✨

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12627

It was late at night and I just wanted to help sokolov capture the ass chief, obviously it went sideways real quick and went beyond the rules. I don’t mind any punishment that comes my way since it’s deserved. I’d appreciate if the staff member who takes this doesn't wait 24 hours for my input.

Skojen

Community Manager
Community Manager
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review.

Skojen

Community Manager
Community Manager
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @John Leonard,

After thorough review of this player report, I have come to the conclusion that HuskyDog did in fact not have a valid In-Character reason to kill; furthermore, he will be receiving 2 Warning Points for RDM & Cop Baiting. [2.2.12] Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.

As far as the motive goes for making a false 9/11 call to kidnap a LEO, the rule on cop baiting is open for interpretation; I do not recommend doing this and I am against it. As far as I see kidnapping in general, if it is carried out sensibly and is in alignment with the kidnapping rules, I see no issue with it. As long as they do not excessively provoke Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment, then this can be carried out properly.

But with that being said, HuskyDog made a 9/11 call asking for the Asst. Chief, which was the first error. The second error was when mutiple of LEOs arrived on scene, which provoked some type of reaction to the false 9/11 call. This did cause a reaction for the player's that were roleplaying as Law Enforcement Officers and I believe this to be Cop Baiting. [2.6.6] You may not cop bait - the act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.

I personally believe that this was a poor attempt to kidnap as the LEO officers outnumbered the ratio of kidnappers in that situation, giving how it was crowded. Knowing how there was more than two officers there, it would had only been best to execute this plan with one LEO officer in that area as planned.

Since no Law Enforcement Officers were kidnapped, please bear in mind that the area was crowded at the time with LEOs. Although it is not in a public area, the kidnapping would had occurred in a crowded place - [4.1.5] You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.

For future reference, if you are going to execute a plan to kidnap a LEO, put some more careful thought and planning into it.

Player Report Accepted,
Locked & Moved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.