Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: dave
Your SteamID: STEAM_1:0:49126340
Your Character Name: Dave Chookook

Target Steam Name: Buhbye
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:87746073
Target Character Name (if known): Unknown

Request Reason: I was trying to tow a car that was in the middle of the road and this guy kept ramming me and blocking me from towing his buddies car. I was not recording during the pushing but in the second clip you can see where the car was stopped right in the middle of the road.
When did the situation occur?:
Your evidence to support your claim: Clip 1:
Clip 2: https://streamable.com/arn8vp

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

You tried impounding my friends car, I'm allowed to stop you. then you ran me over. I got up and killed you.

Anthony

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Also its against the rules to break character!

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@Baker For future reference, steam ID is usually a required part of the player report (if you don't have it you can try and ask a staff member to see if they can find it for you, or you can see if you catch it at any point during the video). Normally, this would be denied for the lack of the steam ID, however since BuhBye has already responded and admitted to being the reported party we will continue the report anyways.

For everyone's reference: [2.2.10] You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. In addition, you may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle.

While attempting to block the tow driver is a bit of a grey area, running up to him with a machete as soon as he impounds the the car is not. Would you care to explain your actions here @Anthony?

Django Freeman

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The tow truck driver is just breaking character the whole video and fail driving lol, he hit him, and not to mention about 4 seconds in he was warned to stop doing that, the tow truck easily could have stopped foaming at his mouth over that car and left it alone, I know that if I'm a tow truck driver in real life and I go to hook a car that's illegally parked at a quarry and they tell me to leave or die, I'm going to fuck off lol. Life is more valuable than your job.

• FTVL - Failure To Value Life - The act of not valuing the life of your character, such as running into active shootouts.

[2.2.10] You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. In addition, you may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle.

Not to mention this rule was not broken at all, re-watch the video. The tow truck driver wasn't harmed for towing or impounding period, he was harmed because he was fail driving and causing damage to vehicles and people in his original attempt to tow that car, despite being warned several times to stop doing it he continued with his character breaking conversation and using his tow truck to plow @Anythony 's car into the wall and then ran him over with the tow truck lol. the crew member in the pink skyline gave him all the opportunity in the world to not tow that car and didn't even try to harm him for about 45 seconds after he warned him.

Here are the rules that the tow truck driver broke in this same video he posted.

Failure to use FearRP as a tow truck driver after receiving a death threat from cold blooded criminals that he would die if he kept doing what he was doing.

• FearRP - The act of roleplaying fear as your character. This means that your character’s life is in danger and have to respond properly towards it.
[3.2] Do not break character, stay in character at all times unless you are in an administrative situation.
  • There wasn't a single second the tow truck driver was talking in-character throughout the video. The whole video is him talking out of character screaming profanity's and talking about things OOC.
[2.6.1] You must abide by realistic roleplay measures. If something you are doing is illogical in a real life situation, then you can’t do it on the server.
  • Fail Driving - The process of having no regard to any roleplay when in a vehicle, be it slamming into most if not all objects purposely. Failure to comply with this will result in punishments of FailRP. This is different from in-character reckless driving which is not prohibited by our rules.
[1.3] Do not take matters into your own hands. The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
  • Tow truck driver didn't try to make not one call for backup or to police, or even make a report and try to get the staff there mid situation to explain to both players what they can and can not do. he just took it upon himself to fail drive to get the car impounded that he wanted so badly he would rather break 3 rules and break character the whole interaction. Which isn't realistic at all. It's basically failrp.
[1.6] We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.
  • Quotes of the things the tow truck said during the video; "Then I'm going to easy forum report retard, get the fuck out of my way before I make one" responding to the pink skyline saying "If you keep doing that I'm going to fuck you up" meaning ramming his car with the tow truck when its near explosion. "Please be a dumbass, please be an idiot" then goes on to say "You fucking moron, you suck dick" While he's fail rp hopping back to his tow truck after impounding a car that in RP he was told to stop doing and out of RP he can't tow that car because it didn't ask for one and he's a private tow company, not a police tow LOL, no one told him to tow that car period, he had no reason to impound it, its parked legally.
I just don't even see how this report would be considered tbh lol the breaking character line of "See you on the forums retard' and then seeing this thread was so cringeworthy unprofessionalism.

Baker

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

How am I faildriving for trying to tow a car that is being blocked but him getting in the way isn't faildriving for him lol. If I broke rules so did your buddy and I will gladly take a punishment if that means this guy will. "the crew member in the pink skyline gave him all the opportunity in the world to not tow that car and didn't even try to harm him for about 45 seconds after he warned him." He can't stop me from towing a car.

Anthony

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

@Scott Vent thank you for posting that to clear any confusion, in this case he reported himself.

Anthony

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

How am I faildriving for trying to tow a car that is being blocked but him getting in the way isn't faildriving for him lol. If I broke rules so did your buddy and I will gladly take a punishment if that means this guy will. "the crew member in the pink skyline gave him all the opportunity in the world to not tow that car and didn't even try to harm him for about 45 seconds after he warned him." He can't stop me from towing a car.
“He can’t stop me from towing a car” the word stop is very inconclusive. Stop you with lethal force is unacceptable, however considering the fact that you have run me over multiple times and destroyed my car in the process which you have failed to include in your video with many chances I have warned you to stop. That allows me KOS for you.

Baker

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The fact that you are breaking multiple traffic laws and ramming a car away from my truck is faildriving. Even then, you still pulled a machete on me. This situation started from you trying to stop me from doing my job which, was posted above, is against the rules. Sure I "broke" rp by telling you that you can't do that and I am vulgar and insulted your intelligence, you still did something wrong. I have said that if they want to punish me for that they can but you also did something wrong. You keep avoiding the fact that you were trying to stop me and then pulled a machete on me. I also can "VDM" you because you threatened my life with said machete.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Let me repeat this in no uncertain terms. You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. In addition, you may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. By extension, you also can't threaten a tow driver saying if they do not stop towing you will kill them. A threat of breaking rules is not a valid threat. With this in mind, the tow driver was not in any way failing to value his life nor breaking fearRP (Especially since fearRP doesn't apply unless he has two people pointing guns at his driver side door).

As for fail driving, ramming a car in between a tow truck and a car and blocking him out from doing his job in such a way is just as much fail driving as him ramming them to get to it.

The only fault I possibly see on the tow trucks part is breaking character and using some rather choice language.
Yes, I read and understood the rules, I tried to kill him before he impounded it, once he impounded it I new I couldn’t do anything, however when he VDMED me and the paramedic revived me I got up and killed him
You can't kill for towing or impounding. It wasn't a legal kill before he impounded it either and you just admitted that was in fact what you were aiming to do.

“He can’t stop me from towing a car” the word stop is very inconclusive. Stop you with lethal force is unacceptable, however considering the fact that you have run me over multiple times and destroyed my car in the process which you have failed to include in your video with many chances I have warned you to stop. That allows me KOS for you.
Not to mention this rule was not broken at all, re-watch the video. The tow truck driver wasn't harmed for towing or impounding period, he was harmed because he was fail driving and causing damage to vehicles and people in his original attempt to tow that car, despite being warned several times to stop doing it he continued with his character breaking conversation and using his tow truck to plow @Anythony 's car into the wall and then ran him over with the tow truck lol. the crew member in the pink skyline gave him all the opportunity in the world to not tow that car and didn't even try to harm him for about 45 seconds after he warned him.
Throwing yourself in between the tow truck and the car he is attempting to tow is on you and you alone. You do not get to bait the tow truck driver into damaging you and then use that as an excuse to get around the inability to kill for towing/impounding.

As for killing him once he ran you over, that I will allow, as that was after the impounding had occurred. Just as well, I also am considering him running you over fair play since you just ran up to him with a machete.

In conclusion:
@Anthony Will be receiving 1 Warning Point for threatening to and attempting to kill @Baker for towing/impounding his friends car
@Baker Will be receiving a Verbal Warning for breaking character for his rather choice language.

Player Report Accepted,
Locked and Moved

Last edited:

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

After some discussion on discord with Buhbye, I've decided to reopen the report due to some new relevant information that could arguably change the outcome of this report.

@Baker, @Anthony claims you had run him over prior on the bridge, and that his KOS on you was due to that, not due to you impounding his friends car. The confusion in the situation seems to have stemmed from the fact that he was choosing to leverage the KOS he did in fact legally have to try and get you to not impound his friends car. I'm going to reopen this report for further discussion regarding this new info.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

After some discussion on discord with Buhbye, I've decided to reopen the report due to some new relevant information that could arguably change the outcome of this report.

@Baker, @Anthony claims you had run him over prior on the bridge, and that his KOS on you was due to that, not due to you impounding his friends car. The confusion in the situation seems to have stemmed from the fact that he was choosing to leverage the KOS he did in fact legally have to try and get you to not impound his friends car. I'm going to reopen this report for further discussion regarding this new info.
As nearly 24 hours have passed, just to reiterate: @Baker do you have any objections to this, or does it sound correct? I leave you another 24 hours to respond before I move on without input.

Baker

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I was on the server for probably 5 minutes before this encounter. I do not recall ever hitting him before this and he never said anything about me hitting him during it.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@Anthony Do you happen to have video of you supposedly getting run over prior? Log don't show an interaction between you and Baker prior to the reported situation, but I know vehicle logs can be finnicky at times.

Anthony

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

If I did I would have showed you on discord, He ran me over before the video, during the video and after the video

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

If I did I would have showed you on discord, He ran me over before the video, during the video and after the video
I can only confirm that you were run over by him during the video and after, but what is important here is before. Before the video I can see you being hit by a few cars but none of them were Baker.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

As logs do not show any evidence that you were hit by @Baker specifically, I will be unfortunately be reinstating the previous ruling.

@Anthony Will be receiving 1 Warning Point for threatening to and attempting to kill @Baker for towing/impounding his friends car.

Player Report Accepted,
Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.