younggod

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: younggod
Your SteamID: 76561198099796806
Your Character Name: James Gordon

Which Staff issued the Warning Point: Thegamingshain

Reason for the warning point(s): Killing two cops.
Why should the point(s) be removed: To describe the circumstance briefly, me and a few friends were sitting at a checkpoint with two cops on Trinity bridge when a firetruck comes from behind and rams us completely over the spike strip. Obviously we were mad, and told the cops to arrest the firetruck driver or at least detain him. Instead they tell him to just turn around and leave, and that we should "have a fun ride to the mechanics". Thegamingshain told me while in a sit that I should have taken up my beef with the firetruck, and not the police. However how can I do this if the police let the firetruck go? We have no idea who was responsible. We even asked the cops if we could be compensated for the damage, which they replied rudely. At this point we devised a plan to attack the cops on the bridge. Although if the cops had stopped the firetruck on the bridge instead of telling him to turn around and leave, I agree that our beef should have been settled with the firetruck. But this was not the case. The cops did not do their job and in my opinion Fail RPed. Our reason for shooting them was not just for being extremely rude, but not allowing us any justice. In my opinion I think this is fair to shoot them especially as criminals, as often times we get shot for a lot less. Although it is only one warning point, I do not believe I deserve one for this, especially for RDM.

Time of Occurrence: Around 1am EST 3/12
Additional members involved/witnessing: Frederick Johnson (Friend)
Read, understood and followed warning point appeal rules?: Yes

HockeyExpert30

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

In this situation you had no reason to kill any of the officers on that scene, they did nothing to you nor damage any of your property, instead you blamed them at the checkpoint for doing nothing about the fire truck that currently had its lights on. Killing those 2 officers should have been that last resort to your killing spring, also if i recall correctly, you CANNOT kill a civ nor a police just for insulting you. You killed those officers who did nothing to you, and gave them a death timer, lost they're guns, and even abandon the checkpoint. I told you during the sit and will tell you again, this should have been you and the firetrucks beef, not the 2 officers who were handling a checkpoint who did nothing to you.

younggod

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

In this situation you had no reason to kill any of the officers on that scene, they did nothing to you nor damage any of your property, instead you blamed them at the checkpoint for doing nothing about the fire truck that currently had its lights on. Killing those 2 officers should have been that last resort to your killing spring, also if i recall correctly, you CANNOT kill a civ nor a police just for insulting you. You killed those officers who did nothing to you, and gave them a death timer, lost they're guns, and even abandon the checkpoint. I told you during the sit and will tell you again, this should have been you and the firetrucks beef, not the 2 officers who were handling a checkpoint who did nothing to you.
@Thegamingshain
The firetruck driver initially stepped out of the vehicle to confront us, but the officers told the firetruck he was fine and to turn around and leave. At this point there is no way to know who the firetruck driver was, and we established in the sit the firetruck was most likely not going to an emergency because it simply turned around after the officers said it could leave (I'm not positive if the firetruck had its lights on but given that the driver stepped out instead of proceeding gives me the feeling they did not). Given the information that the officers simply let the assailant go IN ADDITION to insulting us, we believed we had cause to kill them. I do not believe this should be considered RDM, and especially not a warning point. I took a look at the rules where it states
"You may not kill a player for simply insulting you. Threaten them with a firearm and alternatively shoot them to injure them first. If they persist after this, you are free to kill them."
It is clear that insulting us was not our ONLY justification for killing them, as they refused to do their jobs in a real RP scenario and let the firetruck driver go that we repeatedly told them not to. This was no RDM.

HockeyExpert30

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Under review

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Wouldn't that seem like a you problem if you didn't know who the firefighter was? Not the officers, no officer went out of RP or failed RP,.

"You may not kill a player for simply insulting you. Threaten them with a firearm and alternatively shoot them to injure them first. If they persist after this, you are free to kill them."
It is clear that insulting us was not our ONLY justification for killing them, as they refused to do their jobs in a real RP scenario and let the firetruck driver go that we repeatedly told them not to. This was no RDM.
You did not do that, you did not pull out a gun and threaten the officers to let the firefighter stay, you left then came back and shot both officers for what reason? All of what you are saying is clearly a issue between you and the firefighter. You cannot get simply mad just cause an officer let ANOTHER government official go, especially with emergency lights on.

HockeyExpert30

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

After reviewing the situation at hand I believe that the warning point given was valid due to the rule that was stated above. Also if you think cops arent doing their job properly the first resort to kill doesnt make sense to me. In RL you would contact their manager and in this case would be the Chief or Assist Chief.

Appeal denied

Regards,

Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.