Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I think it should take 6 warning to receive a ban, and from each warning it take's 2 days for it to leave your account. Once you get 6 warning's in a period of 2 day's you should receive a 2 day ban.

something

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Although I would agree that warning points should disappear with time I believe 2 days is way too less of a time. Maybe 6 months need to pass in order for a warning point to not be counted effective or even more. I have 3 warning points 1 in 2018 for metagaming (was in a private discord), 1 in 2019 for metagaming (typed in looc to a new officer that he can stabilize me using a cpr instead of only waiting for EMS, I was a officer) and 1 in 2020 for rdm (because a rule was changed concerning FearRP while I was inactive). I would like them to disappear but there is a reason why they don't, it's so that staff can determine if you have been doing the same thing before and need a bigger punishment next time.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith's warning point system works as intended and I personally don't see any need for it being changed.

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Even though i would love my warnings to disappear in 2 days I cant find this anything Good about this as people would just wait 2 days then go back and break more rules

i personally agree with boris that 6 months is enough time or even 1 year

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Although I would agree that warning points should disappear with time I believe 2 days is way too less of a time. Maybe 6 months need to pass in order for a warning point to not be counted effective or even more. I have 3 warning points 1 in 2018 for metagaming (was in a private discord), 1 in 2019 for metagaming (typed in looc to a new officer that he can stabilize me using a cpr instead of only waiting for EMS, I was a officer) and 1 in 2020 for rdm (because a rule was changed concerning FearRP while I was inactive). I would like them to disappear but there is a reason why they don't, it's so that staff can determine if you have been doing the same thing before and need a bigger punishment next time.
I dont agree with the history aspect of it, as a server we should promote people learning how to roleplay and do it the correct way, if they make the same mistake twice for playing a game it should stay in there head for the two days no longer.... so they can learn from it, the increasing ban times does not give players any chance to learn but makes people want to do wrong more often to see how far they can push it. Instead of promoting a learning enviroment where people can learn to roleplay as this game should be and because we are the only server that offers it. I have been playing dark rp for over 10 years and have only gotten better through learning, not from receiving long bans which do quiet the opposite.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith's warning point system works as intended and I personally don't see any need for it being changed.
Thats a biased statement you give the bans and don't own the server so it really doesn't effect you. As you also have protection from other staff and because you are staff.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Even though i would love my warnings to disappear in 2 days I cant find this anything Good about this as people would just wait 2 days then go back and break more rules

i personally agree with boris that 6 months is enough time or even 1 year
Uhm see no one thinks about a ban for two days just to wait the whole time just to rejoin to get banned again, that is a failed mind set and not correct way of thinking. Its like saying most players are bad people, which more then often turns people into bad people, just like going to jail for something minor, which makes you into something way more violent because of the very system you take part in. With a 2 day timer people get a chance to learn and for it to stay fresh on there mind and learn from it, with still retaining the excitement for playing the server.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

If this was given a chance, the server would be full and Im not sure why that would be a bad thing, there should be no age gap for role playing as everyone can do it and take part in it if it is taught well.

I LOVE THE COMMENTS LETS KEEP IT GOING !!!!!

Backflare

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

If this was given a chance, the server would be full
If this was implemented it MIGHT be full lets not pretend we know the outcome of something that hasn't happened, And even if the server was full that doesn't mean that it will be a good thing I would much rather take a 50 player server that has people that actually want to roleplay and have fun over a 128 player server full of prop pushers. I would love to believe that everyone could change however a lot of people cant or wont & the amount of players who earn 6 WP's in even a week is extremely small all this change would do is make WP's almost useless thus making staff have to rely on bans & blacklists more since WP's will become less effective at deterring future rule breaks.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

If this was implemented it MIGHT be full lets not pretend we know the outcome of something that hasn't happened, And even if the server was full that doesn't mean that it will be a good thing I would much rather take a 50 player server that has people that actually want to roleplay and have fun over a 128 player server full of prop pushers. I would love to believe that everyone could change however a lot of people cant or wont & the amount of players who earn 6 WP's in even a week is extremely small all this change would do is make WP's almost useless thus making staff have to rely on bans & blacklists more since WP's will become less effective at deterring future rule breaks.
I disagree you can't assume everyone is bad or they will be bad because your very assumption its called paranoia.I also disagree with your statement that 50 players is better than 128. The server now is full of people that don't rp and that, prop push and hack, doesn't mean there bad people and it also doesn't mean there isn't good people, what is mean's is that they have never experience what good rp can be in a video game and really have never learned or had the chance, long ban's does not help this, it discourages it.

Last edited:

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Do you mean 50 people where the same 5 people who hack, break raid timers, RDM, break every rule under the sun get 0 punishment because fragrp is what the server is? In addition to waiting 7 hours for a sit to be handled and then to be told to post it on forums, where it waits months? That's the RP that we are looking for in the low populated server?

Backflare

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I disagree you can't assume everyone is bad or they will be bad because your very assumption its called paranoia. long ban's does not help this, it discourages it.
I never said that they were bad all I said was most people are unwilling to change which we can look at the unban wave we did before for proof of that some of them changed yes but most of them got their long/perma bans back within a month. I would not consider a 12h ban for your first 8 WP's a long ban all your suggestion would do is make it less likely that someone gets a WP since they lose the weight they have. A expiration on WP's isn't a terrible idea but 2 days is way too low.
Do you mean 50 people where the same 5 people who hack, break raid timers, RDM, break every rule under the sun get 0 punishment because fragrp is what the server is?
Aint no way you are going to try to say we don't punish hackers we 100% do ban cheaters and sure it might take a while for your report to get taken however we are all volunteers and sometimes have other duties than just taking reports you need to remember we became staff here because we enjoyed playing here first, sometimes after a long day we want to relax and just play.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I never said that they were bad all I said was most people are unwilling to change which we can look at the unban wave we did before for proof of that some of them changed yes but most of them got their long/perma bans back within a month. I would not consider a 12h ban for your first 8 WP's a long ban all your suggestion would do is make it less likely that someone gets a WP since they lose the weight they have. A expiration on WP's isn't a terrible idea but 2 days is way too low.

Aint no way you are going to try to say we don't punish hackers we 100% do ban cheaters and sure it might take a while for your report to get taken however we are all volunteers and sometimes have other duties than just taking reports you need to remember we became staff here because we enjoyed playing here first, sometimes after a long day we want to relax and just play.
Your first ban can be whatever a admin want's it to be by the way, whatever the admin chooses is your ban.... I have gotten a week blacklist with no warning point's literally 0
I know people who have gotten month banned for robbing a guy, they guy fail rps jumps in a car proceeds to drive off and the robber starts shooting the car, because there is tint over the windows he can't see who is in the car ends up killing 3- 4 people who where ganged up with the guy and then get a month ban and now has a target on there back for 6 months when he was following the rules and the other people were not... there is no point after that to play the server, most of the time is younger sounding people that this happen's to even if they follow the rule's. I just made a player report where I was code red and wanted and proceeded to get chased by the police into the city, take a cop hostage while im being actively chased and because this all ended up infront of npc's , i get warned for it, when its ether rdm or roleplay and I get warned for trying to roleplay, instead of rdming a cop who cant defend himself like thats crazy and it happens to everyone/most people I know, all because they try to roleplay or they are younger sounding people because of the ban system/warning system. You cannot improve, you cannot make mistakes. There is a gulity until proven innocent thing going around because of this warning system that gives bias to every player for trying to learn.

The people who got permed there first month back is because the same ban system was in place that got them permed the first time around...

Would like to add, that admin report has been up on austin for 2 weeks and they changed the staff rules in the middle of the report just fwi.

Last edited:

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I mean you can bet. Ether people are going to buy new copy's of gmod and use spoofers to gain access to your server to cause harm or you are going allow normal people to play under less strict ban rules because you do loose honest good players to it, or the server will unfortunately end.

I don't like saying that or highlighting it but that is the fact's we have to face as a community seriously because you can see it happening and I love the god damn server and what we have and I dont mind saying the things that need to be said even if people hate me for it.

Last edited:

Shay

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

This is a terrible suggestion.
The server doesn't need to be more lenient just because you fail to follow rules and keep getting WP's.

Biggerfoot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Oh yea and I do say there is way you dont try to ban hacker's only two people in the whole community can ban for hack's if its not 100%. Hacker's are very much smart people and know how to hide there hack's as well, even if you spectate them because they know your spectating them. Plus you have a plugin that puts trashcans outside any house giving people the perfect excuse to say oh well there is trash can's, the only way you really ban people for hacking is if they slip up and ether tell you or the sus just gets to high.They are stupid hacker's if they get caught using them, which if they are going all the way to pay and install shit to get a advantage in a video game I doubt they would be stupid enough to get caught using them.

Last edited: