Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: My Dime Is Up
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110286191
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Nick Fockerson

Admin being reported: @Tango

Reason for Report: Censoring and improper warning
Time of Occurrence: ~9:25 PM EST
Evidence to support your claim: I hopped on the server and became a tow truck driver and noticed some speed bumps, an addition I don't like. I decide to express my displeasure in OOC and get immadetly blacklisted. I am amazed that first, my free speach is being blocked, and second that I was not warned. I would like to say that I am not flaming/complaining, I am expressing my difference with this change and am blacklisted. Below is a screenshot with a the chat log

aDPaX1G.png

I am not happy about what I disagree with being met with immediate censoring. Even if you don't agree with what I have to say and want to censor me, I would appreciate a warning. I am asking that Tang just be notified that a warning should be issued before punishment and that's all.

Thank you

P.S. While I understand that how I may have expressed my disagreement may have been a bit aggressive, I still feel the gun was jumped in this situation and that a warning would have been acceptable before a blacklist.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @My Dime Is Up,
First of all, here are a few things to note..
  • Complaining in OOC is something that shouldn't be done, and you know that.
  • Going around the profanity filter is also against the rules, it is there for a reason
  • It was a 1 hour blacklist from OOC, you do not need to be so aggressive and childish over it.
    • Refrain from complaining in OOC, and things like this won't happen, I am sure an old player like you knows better than to act a fool in OOC
Your reference to 'free speech' is very invalid. This is a server with rules, you think saying the n-word in OOC, and yelling out "I am allowed to say it, you can't take my Free Speech! I want Free Speech!" Is allowed? Take that in to consideration next time. This is a server with straight forward rules.

Kind Regards,
Tango

My Dime Is Up

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @My Dime Is Up,
First of all, here are a few things to note..
  • Complaining in OOC is something that shouldn't be done, and you know that.
  • Going around the profanity filter is also against the rules, it is there for a reason
  • It was a 1 hour blacklist from OOC, you do not need to be so aggressive and childish over it.
    • Refrain from complaining in OOC, and things like this won't happen, I am sure an old player like you knows better than to act a fool in OOC.

Kind Regards,
Tango
Hi there, I understand some of your points but how was I going around the profanity filter. Are you interpreting "dafuq" as avoiding the filter? If so I feel it should be blacklisted as it is kind of its own phrase.

I also, I feel I'm not handling the situation childish. I am remaining professional and only ask they you be informed that a warning should have been given first. I'm not asking for some big-bad demotion or anything!

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

After looking at the chatlogs and your history, I do think a 1h blacklist was warranted. You have a tendency to be vocal and disruptive in the past. I do think @Tango could've given a warning prior to the blacklist, but it does depend on the severity if a warning is needed or not. Overall, I don't think Tango has done anything extremely bad as you were very complaining in OOC. Freedom of speech doesn't apply if it's not constructive.

By this, @Tango should know when to warn someone prior to a blacklist (depending on severity) and @My Dime Is Up should know not to give criticism that is not constructive. So the report is being closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.