Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Tweety
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85084171
Your Character Name: Tweety Santos

Target Steam Name: FallenderMond
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:553612826
Target Character Name (if known): Lance Snow

Request Reason: racism, i dont know what a "budget black guy" means but that seems racist to me doesn't it to you? also @Jamal Jackson was very upset by his comment.
When did the situation occur?: 5/20/22 around 6:47 pm
Your evidence to support your claim: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/lCO1v7YcQ5Mo-/d1337Zs8fEgT?invite=cr-MSxoMWosNTg2OTMyNTMs

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Jamal Jackson
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: yes

Jamal Jackson

Banned
Banned
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

yeah i did not appreciate the rude comment

FallenderMond

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

[Post Removed by Forum Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

FallenderMond

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Calling someone black or white does not equal racism. I don't know where you got that idea but simply calling someone black or white is not racist and if it was, the entire PD would get banned as we describe a suspect by the color of their skin. I called the player a budget black guy because he was dressed like a John Doe of a white guy. Don't know what to tell you besides that.

tweety

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Calling someone black or white does not equal racism. I don't know where you got that idea but simply calling someone black or white is not racist and if it was, the entire PD would get banned as we describe a suspect by the color of their skin. I called the player a budget black guy because he was dressed like a John Doe of a white guy. Don't know what to tell you besides that.

Sorry but since you weren't calling him out then there was no reason to specify his race. There was absolutely no reason for your comment and as you can see he was very upset!!!

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

You know better than that.

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Broken

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

Broken

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

RuleRule DescriptionAccusedViolated?
1.6We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.@FallenderMond No

I'm not gonna lie, I had to think long and hard on this one as well as get a second opinion from an SA.

As the rule states, we allow a certain amount of offensiveness while in character. Since the statement in question is not blatantly racist, it would be considered under that "be offensive to a certain degree". At the time if Jamal was uncomfortable with how Lance was talking, he needed to make that known and then any further offensiveness would be a rule break. But with the evidence given and the rules as written, no rules were violated.

Report Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.