Status
Not open for further replies.

187pyro

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Target Steam Name: Dad
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:56587033
Target Character Name (if known): -something- Ganjaseed -- I don't remember but I think it was Johnny Ganjaseed -- but his steam is correct.

Request reason: Was scammed trying to buy premium off him for 87.5k
When did the situation occur?: 9/13/2018 7:58 PM
Your evidence to support your claim: I've never recorded before but I recorded the transaction and it shows him depositing the money and leaving.
Demo file upload: https://ufile.io/1rb3l
Additional members involved/witnessing: No witnesses

Gamz

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Dad May you explain?

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I was going to sell him guns not premium. We had a deal for a few guns for some $$. I told him to pay first so I know he wasnt a cop. He paid and I ran off. Last time I checked scamming in game was allowed.

Gamz

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I was going to sell him guns not premium. We had a deal for a few guns for some $$. I told him to pay first so I know he wasnt a cop. He paid and I ran off. Last time I checked scamming in game was allowed.
If you were selling him guns, then why do we have logged messages of you saying you were going to sell him premium that match up to the exact times he is claiming the scam happened?
nHnPlj0.png

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

That was our talk before ooc pms. But I agreed to sell him some guns before that premium transaction was to take place.

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

If he’s so butthurt ill give his money back. But he needs to learn that scamming for guns is completely within the rules.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1536924996620.png

You have 2 hours to provide evidence that show you purchased the premium membership for the report author. If you fail to do so you will be punished. It is clear you were negotiating a premium membership trade so don't try to cover it up with a weapons trade.
Lets not forget the message you deleted on the forums, which clearly shows you admitting to having scammed him.

EDIT: Do note you are going to be punished for scamming and lying in a player report. If you fail to provide the evidence, the punishment will be extended.

Last edited:

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Even if I did scam him, under rule # 1:12 you guys are not accepting any responsibility for scamming. Essentially it’s not a punishable offense. So if it’s guns or prem no rules were broken. Is it unethical? Yes for sure but not against your guys rules.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Scamming players of a set amount of in-game money for a premium membership, or vice-versa, is strictly forbidden. Scamming someone of something that has real monetary value is fraud, which is a crime. We do not accept any illegal activity on our services

That's where you are wrong.

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

But look at rule 1:12. you Guys accept no responsibility in that rule.

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

For example, you may not trade in-game money for actual real money or vice versa. The one allowed exception is trading a purchase of Premium Membership for in-game value - however, we do not recommend such a trade since there is a risk that you may get scammed. We do not assume any responsibility for such a trade with another player.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Im not going to argue this with you anymore. You broke our rules and commited fraud. If a scam is proven to be true, like this one, we take action upon it. The rule you are mentioning doesn't state we dont act upon it.

Change of plans, you now have 10 minutes to present the confirmation of the purchase.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

But look at rule 1:12. you Guys accept no responsibility in that rule.
Just because we don't accept responsibility for it by default, does not mean we cannot act on it if we see someone scamming with premium. As you yourself said, it's completely unethical what you did.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Right, have you considered this rule?
  1. Scamming players of a set amount of in-game money for a premium membership, or vice-versa, is strictly forbidden. Scamming someone of something that has real monetary value is fraud, which is a crime. We do not accept any illegal activity on our services.

Reactions: Thy

Dad

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Free Johnny ganjaseed

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Failed to provide evidence.
Player report accepted.

@187pyro check the refund NPC to claim your money refund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.