bolony21

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Not sure where to post this but basically whenever i log onto monolith i am greeted with this lovely gmod glitch that makes all text covered in black boxes as well as icons, This issue has also been seen in other servers i play on as well and i see it primarily in servers with alot of addons

Ive yet to see many threads online about this issue and Ive attempted resetting,verifying files, clearing and reinstalling addons and factory resetting gmod, This issue has still persisted and It would be great if there is any further assistance or methods i could try to attempt to fix this, I do play on an old laptop so theres a chance that the pc’s time has come but I wish to try other things before i give up on trying to play this wonderful server.
SOLUTION:
I simply turned down all ingame settings to low (except for models) as the game was running out of memory/pushing over 4GB ram limit of my dinosaur laptop, Although my game looks like ps2 graphics atleast i am able to actually play the game despite fps drops and spikes, A real solution would be getting a better laptop/PC but i dont have the money to currently.

Last edited:

bolony21

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Great news! Found the cause of the Issue:
Im out of memory it appears, not sure on a fix but this helps, im gonna try to find a fix for it with this new information