Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Valdrec
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42437591
Your Character Name: Jimmy Longfellow

Admin being reported: @Stuvi
Reason for Report: my discussion thread https://monolithservers.com/forums/...he-popularity-of-the-server.14656/#post-87989 was locked with no obvious rule violation.
This is not the first time I have had a thread prematurely locked by Stuvi because he takes offence to the content. I have read the community rules and I cannot find a legitimate reason why this discussion was censored.
Time of Occurrence: 23:15 GMT
Evidence to support your claim: https://monolithservers.com/forums/...he-popularity-of-the-server.14656/#post-87989
Additional members involved/witnessing: Anyone who read the thread.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

You'll always find a reason and way to go on someones nerves. Whatever floats your boat, big man.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I don't think it's to much to ask that you leave my threads alone if they're not hurting anyone. We should be allowed to discuss subjects relevant to the server provided they don't break the rules.

If it had been a while I could understand, but this was a very active thread.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Looking at the thread that Stuvi locked, I would have done the same thing. Rather being a discussion contributing to something, it is just filled with, failure attempts, of suggestions which does not include within the discussion section. Community Managers/Server directors have the right to close/move threads they deem unnecessary or are miss-placed.

In addition, we indeed are familair with staff shortage on our community. Although we appreciate the concern, your thread does not have anything to contribute. With that being said, this staff report should be concluded. However I will leave it up to @Gurrazor as we are the same rank.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think your thread was fine. It lacked understanding of what's going on behind the scenes, but it could never the less be an interesting discussion. Stuvi's allowed to lock threads however, and my guess is he felt that it would be best locked since the discussion was fairly uninformed in it.

Let's unlock your thread and see how it goes for now - I think a bit of transparency towards the community regarding how we reason about staffing and some other administrative topics could be a positive. If nothing else, it'll hopefully show the community that we do care about getting more staff and work hard towards that goal, but that there are some complexities involved. If the discussion gets out of hand or turns into an immature and repetitive discussion, the thread may be locked at any time though.

Concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.