Chair

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Chair
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:34465926
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Jamie Christensen

Admin being reported: @Daevy Vangeel and @Xavier Cordell

Reason for Report: I believe that the staff member in charge of the sit (Xavier Cordell) ended the sit by giving me a warning point for RDM because the person who called the sit (Daevy Vangeel) is a superadmin and sided with him to keep his staff privileges, and be liked by him.

Time of Occurrence: April 29th around 10:45 AM

Evidence to support your claim: Even though it's meta to record your gameplay these days, some of us simply don't have the hardware to do so. I can run OBS and record, but if I do so longer than 30 minutes my computer tends to overheat so recording all the time is simply not an option. I came to forums initially to post this, but then when coming to this point I thought I would be dismissed without video so I re-logged in with hopes to speak to an admin in game about the issue, as dealing w/ this problem with the parties in game would be easier--this is when I noticed that Daevy is a superadmin and I had noone to go to but the Founder that was online but I decided not to bother him. So now I have no option but to give you the full story here, as detailed as I can. I'm too angry to let this go, I just believe this is downright unfair. Neither Daevy or Xavier will dispute the facts detailed here, as they are the truth.

Additional members involved/witnessing: There are too many, and there names are unknown this happened during a war.

the story

So I got on Monolith today, spent some time mining and was processing my ores when my org called out a war with century street on /org chat. I picked up my stuff, and went to our rendezvous at suburbs. Kevlard, grabbed a honey badger and loaded up. There were 7 of us total. My instructions were to wait with 1 other person at richards 3. While waiting, I asked what we were waiting for? I was told one word. War.

We decided best that my friend (Tyler) stayed at the front door, and I held the upstair rear window peek down to the front of Richards 10, and another section of my group was held up on the balcony there. After a while, shit hit the fan. 3 vehicles pulled up to the front of R10 and several individuals jumped out and initiated with automatic rifles. I had an ACOG on my gun, so switched to single fire and started picking them out. The fight at the street started to die down (literally) and my team reported to me via radio that richards 3 was being pushed. I came out the back room, and looked down the staircase to see 4 individuals with weapons kill my friend guarding downstairs, so having switched to automatic fire I started pumped lead into them. I fell back to reload when they returned fire. When I came back out to shoot again, there was one of them with his weapon put away dragging a dead body out the front door so I killed him. With the frontway clear (and covered w/ blood) I fell back to reload, then was pushed by another one of the men and killed.

Well, shit--I thought to myself. After a few moments I got up to get a bite to eat when suddenly I was revived and pulled off into a sit. Here we go.

Things to mention during the sit that the two people, Daevy and Xavier will need to testify to, and facts.
-Fact: Daevy was carrying a handgun
-Fact: Daevy was in an allied org to Century, who we were fighting.
-Fact: Daevy was wearing a black suit, same as the other men that pushed R3, and those who died at R10.
-Fact: In the sit towards the beginning, Daevy said that he was supplying medical attention to the men in the raid. (he can testify)
-Fact: Xavier took several long breaks, and went over the evidence carefully during the sit. At one point I even asked him "What's taking so long". To me, this seems cut and dry that Daevy was directly associated with the raid, and was liable to be shot.
-Fact: If Daevy wasn't associated with the raid, and was unarmed, then running into the house to drag out a body during a shootout would be FailRP and FTVL.

I believe that Xavier was in a tight spot because he believed that I was in the right, but didn't want to try to give the superadmin a warning point, or let me go and be on his bad side. In the end he gave me a warning point for RDM.

I'm not clean either, this information will likely come up.

I said, "This is retarded".
I said, "I'm done" and disconnected after the sit

I may have said, "are you fucking serious?" but don't remember if I did over voice chat or just out loud.

Our team lost the fight, I lost my gun, kev and any possible loot from kills. Then I had to get a warn. After all this, we were getting freakin' roasted in /ooc about it. Totally killed my mood for Gmod for today.

What do I want out of this report?

i dont want anyone to get big punishments, or demotions
I want the warning point removed, obviously.
I want Daevy to apologize for breaking the rules, and then using his power to get me in trouble.
I want Xavier to apologize for not going with his gut in the sit. I know he was believing me based on how we were conversing.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Chair I would like to say that the ambush/counter-raid or whatever that was, was invalid, the rest of your members recieved a verbal warning, and I will give you a verbal warning as well, here for it, as you left right before the sit, so no explanation was able to be given to you. I am sure this is also connected with Daevy and Xavier's sit.

Last edited:

Realz

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

this is currently under review

Realz

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Not much can really be done without evidence but before we come to any conclusions or anything we will need @cxcordell to give his side of what happened

cxcordell

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

On April 29, around 11:00am (EST) I claimed a report made my Deavy Eliass (Eliass) for "RDM During raid." When I claimed the ticket I was teleported to Eliass and I found him dead at R3 (Richards 3). When I revived him I brought him over the the side (well he flew over to me) to handle the ticket.
I checked logs to see who killed him and waited for the raid to finish. After the raid was finished I brought the player who killed him (Chair) and began the sit the following is what happened. I told him hat Eliass had made a report about him falsely killing him and asked for Eliass's side of the story. He said that he was healing his org members in the raid they were in. He said that he was falsely killed in the raid because he was not active in the gun fight. I was slightly confused by the way he was wording it and why he made the ticket but I went on to ask Chair for his side of the story. He said that he had killed him during the raid because he was dragging bodies of org members he had killed away from the house, and because he was wearing a black suit same as all the others that were active in the raid. He also said that he had a gun on him (although it was not equipped/still in his inventory.)
Eliass told him that just because they were all wearing the same clothes that didn't make a difference, which I agreed to. Eliass also told him that it stated in the rules that you can not killed an unarmed player during a raid, and that it was in his inventory and there was no way Chair could have known he was armed. Chair argued that he was still armed and involved in the raid. Eliass continued saying that there was no reason for him to have killed him because he was not active in the "shooting" and therefor was not participating in the raid. Eliass wasn't making much sense but I agreed with him because he was SA and I believed he knew the rules well. Throughout the sit I was checking logs and reviewing rules that might help me with the sit, and I admit I was taking a very long time to do so. I ended up siding with Eliass because he was saying he was right and because he was SA and knew the rules well. At the end of the sit I gave Chair 1 warning point for RDM. After that he was mad that I gave him the warning point and then left the game.
I know now that Chair was right and was allowed to kill him because Eliass was actively participating in the raid, and if he wasn't was FTVL by being there dragging bodies away from the house. The warning point I gave Chair for RDM should be removed.

(Also I apologize for taking so long to reply to this, I have been caught up on school and had forgotten about it)

Realz

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

ok after reading both Side's of the story it does seem clear that Cordell was wrong and is apologizing ( with good reason) as we expect our SA's to know the rules and guide other staff members. Now as of the current time and date ELIASS is no longer part of the staff team and unfortunately Warning point's can not be removed, but a note will be put in place saying to ignore the point in any future sits.