Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Diabeetus
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33984617
Your Character Name: Cory House

Admin being reported: @DangerRanger

Reason for Report: While working as mayor, I was running in to the issue where the police department was buying every single attachment for every weapon, every time. This was depleting any budget I gave them with one to three minutes of adding the money to their budget. It got to the point where it was significantly affecting my ability to fund other departments. I was communicating with the PD and informed them that I would only be able to provide them with a set amount of budget every few minutes, so they needed to stop buying attachments. One of the PD members got snarky/sassy with me, so I asked the chief to demote him, as in an IRL situation, no officer would be allowed to disrespect a mayor openly like that, making that situation failRP on behalf of the PD. Instead, they called upon DangerRanger in a report that I wasn't giving the PD a budget. I explained this situation in great detail to DangerRanger, but he told me that he didn't care how I wanted to play mayor, just that I needed to have the PD funded as my first priority as all times. This completely undermines the role of mayor, as I'm not longer allowed to decided which department has what priority under my administration and departments such as PD are free to abuse their budget despite my instructions, meaning that the PD is more powerful than the mayor. This is absolute failRP on the part of DangerRanger, I should have full authority to decide which departments get what funding and when they get that funding. If the server doesn't want us to set 0% and 5% tax rates, then you shouldn't have it available as an option. DangerRanger's behavior was completely unacceptable in this situation and forced my hand in several role play scenarios as a result.

There is NO rule under the mayor category on the rule section this form stating that the mayor is required to fund the PD at $5,000, that the mayor has to prioritize the police budget, or that the mayor has to give anyone any budget period. If @DangerRanger is allowed to threaten demotion of a mayor, then this needs to be solidified as a rule, because as far as I know, this was a completly arbitray rule created by him based on his preferences rather than an established server rule.

Time of Occurrence: November 3, 2018 11:00 PM CST
Evidence to support your claim: N/A
Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

Last edited:

DangerRanger

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Starting from the beginning, I found you hiding out in the forest near the country lodges while you were the Mayor. The PD budget at the time was $25. I proceeded to ask you why you were refusing to put money into the police budget to where you replied "Because an Officer insulted me and I told them unless that Officer is demoted I will not be giving them budget."

I then informed you that refusing to add money to any public department budget can be considered 'Unauthorized Corruption' and told you (With an Administrators's second opinion) to add a minimum of $5k into the PD budget. You proceeded to argue with me about it and said "No, I'm going to be Mayor as I see fit" (You also were adamant that you would only add $100 to the budget)

I explained to you that if you felt that an Officer should be demoted, you should speak to the Chief of Police; If the Chief was not properly handling it, then you are more than welcome to make a report on the server so that a staff member can look into it. It appears that you also not only wanted the Officer demoted, but the Chief as well due to the message you put out in government chat.

Screenshot (6).png

All in all, you were given a verbal warning for 'Unauthorized Corruption as Mayor' and explained that you are required to add budget into the public departments that you serve. Failure to do so is FailRP in your job as Mayor and severely impacts the roleplay of the PD, as they cannot spawn vehicles and weapons; which impacts their ability to respond to crimes.

Last edited:

Cory House

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

I then informed you that refusing to add money to any public department budget can be considered 'Unauthorized Corruption'

Can you please show me this rule in the rulebook? Because I can not find any place in the rule book where this is explicitly stated.

DangerRanger

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

It falls under FailRP/Corruption. In real life, would a Mayor refuse to fund the Police Department and render them practically useless? If the PD have no money for vehicles and weapons, how are they supposed to properly protect the city and do their jobs? This would allow for rampant crime and no intervention possible by Law Enforcement. Like I said above, if you feel that someone should be demoted, you should speak to the Chief. If you feel that it is a valid reason for demotion and the Chief is not handling it properly, speak to a staff member. Do not refuse to add money into the budget, this allows for rampant crime and ruins roleplay for all members of the PD.

Cory House

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

It falls under FailRP/Corruption. In real life, would a Mayor refuse to fund the Police Department and render them practically useless? If the PD have no money for vehicles and weapons, how are they supposed to properly protect the city and do their jobs? This would allow for rampant crime and no intervention possible by Law Enforcement. Like I said above, if you feel that someone should be demoted, you should speak to the Chief. If you feel that it is a valid reason for demotion and the Chief is not handling it properly, speak to a staff member. Do not refuse to add money into the budget, this allows for rampant crime and ruins roleplay for all members of the PD.

This happens frequently in real life, as recently as this year there have been several examples of mayors commanding the police force to entirely stand down in the face of mass riots on the west coast. The fact of the matter is that you are not enforcing any explicit server rule and are instead twisting the rule to how you feel it should be, rather than what it is. Allocatings budgets is not fail RP and is not corruption, what is failRP is an admin setting arbitrary standards and restrictions for a job role that are not stated in the server rules. Again, if you feel like your way should be the way the server operates, then you should petition to have the rule added. You don't just get to make up new rules.

The only mayor rule that is even vaguely related to this situation is:

"As the mayor, you represent the city, but, with the approval of staff, can accept bribes, engage in the overseeing of certain illegal operations but can not actually engage in any criminal activities, only observe it. This includes growing weed or creating drugs. "

And I clearly do not violate this rule because my actions were not criminal activities, but instead was one of the core job roles as the mayor itself. There is no rule that I violated with my RP because my RP was proper and realistic. The mayor of a city has ultimate control and authority over both the police chief and the police department in real life cities, which includes the decision of what their budget will be. Giving department raises for good performance and budget cuts for poor performance is one of the oldest government management techniques in history and is in no way corruption.

DangerRanger

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

As a Staff Member, its my responsibility to ensure that rules are being enforced and players are enjoying uninterrupted roleplay. Due to you refusing to add budget to the PD, every member that was playing as Law Enforcement was hindered as a result. They could not spawn weapons or vehicles and had made multiple reports about that. I explained to you that you need to add a minimum of $5k to the budget to ensure that they are able to respond/do their job properly. You argued with me and escalated the situation on your own volition, which resulted in your verbal warning. I understand where you are coming from, however; you were interrupting the roleplay of every single member of the police department. As Staff, I will not allow that to happen on the server. That being said, these comments are not getting us very far. We will let the Community Management decide which way this Staff Report goes.

Cory House

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

As a Staff Member, its my responsibility to ensure that rules are being enforced and players are enjoying uninterrupted roleplay.

And I have clearly demonstrated here that were not enforcing any server rules, because the rule you are claiming to enforce does not exist.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Screenshot_20181104-105813_1.jpg

You are not allowed to be corrupt unless you have permission. @DangerRanger did the right thing; If you have an issue within the pd you go talk with the chief. While there may be no rule on who you give money to, it falls under being corrupt as it is logic sense for a mayor to provide funds to every department and support the society with what they need.

Denied, don't be a mayor if you going to be offended by some people and stop doing a job that is supposed to be neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.