Sp00py_Troller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: |-ICE-| Problem?
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:89358175
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Rick Crowder

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @gm1003

Reason for Report: This admin false banned me for 1 day because he/she ASSUMED that I was using discord during a bank raid when I was only the hostage
Time of Occurrence: around 2-3 A.M. Central Standard Time
Evidence to support your claim: I don't have pictures or videos. maybe try checking my chat logs around the time I mentioned if possible
Additional members involved/witnessing: I don't know if any

Sp00py_Troller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So this morning at around 2 A.M. Central Standard Time, I told my friend I had discord because he had asked but an admin checked my chat logs an hour later due to a failrp event that I had been involved in and instantly assumed that I was using Discord during an rp situation and banned me for a day. he didn't even appeal the ban. I told him that I used discord to talk to a friend that was on the server but we weren't doing anything together and it wasn't during the bank raid. according to the reply on my ban appeal, he thought i was using discord in a bank raid because he checked chat logs for me and it showed that i had mentioned to a friend that i had the discord app but i said those words in chat at least half an hour before that, and my discord app wasn't even open.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

That still doesn't change the fact that you said the words "discord" in the middle of roleplay, which you are not allowed to do per our server rules. These are the chat logs in question
1/20/2019 @ 7:29:46 AM Rick Crowder (|-ICE-| problem?) (STEAM_0:1:89358175) (079): TROLLER
1/20/2019 @ 7:29:39 AM Rick Crowder (|-ICE-| problem?) (STEAM_0:1:89358175) (079): YEAH DISCORD
1/20/2019 @ 7:29:36 AM Rick Crowder (|-ICE-| problem?) (STEAM_0:1:89358175) (079): I GET LOCKPICKS PLEASE TEAM

Additionally, I was open to reducing your ban if you actually appealed the ban instead of having a disrespectful attitude and showing that you didn't learn from your mistakes. That is why your appeal was denied.

However, I will concede that your ban did not necessarily have concrete evidence of metagaming and coordinating through discord, but rather as mentioning a OOC subject into character. That being said, no external communication was proven.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

To be clear, I added “metagaming” to your ban reason as you brought a out of character subject into character.

If I could’ve proved external coordination your ban would’ve been much harsher.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Hey there, thank you for your report.

After reviewing the points made by both parties, I have deemed that there was no misuse of powers, or misconduct.

HOWEVER, I will mention that I have spoken to gm1003 regarding the punishment issues, primarily towards the metagaming portion of your ban. I made sure it was aware that when we are banning people, we have concrete evidence.

gm1003 was acting in good faith, and denying your appeal was not a bad call either given how you responded to the ban appeal at the time. So I won't be accepting this, but for transparency sake, I have spoken to gm1003 and again, to reiterate, be sure we are banning for concrete things.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.