Darth

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Dylan Crider
Your Steam ID:
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Dylan Crider

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name): @Onami

Reason for Report: So I will start off from the beginning. I had gotten in trouble and explained to how what I did in game should have been dealt with better and I got banned for 2 days, and the person reporting me got banned for a day for the same situation for breaking NLR. I was a little bit frustrated during the sit but when I was getting banned I completely understood why I was getting banned and was calm, as was the reporter. I get banned and saw it was 2 days, which I thought may have been a bit heavy handed seeing as the whole situation was a pretty big misunderstanding, so as you can see in the evidence I made a very professional ban appeal hoping he would consider the situation a little bit and maybe shorten my ban. He said he would decide in the morning which he had just done. But right before he did mine, he accepted the guy who reported me and also got banned ban appeal, so I was like maybe he has seen the whole situation was weird and will accept mine too. That was not the case. He declines the appeal and gives a reasonable explanation as to why. (Id also like to mention he added in the response to my ban appeal with "your history as a player" which I think is a bit unprofessional to use.) Anyway so the responses to my appeal seemed a bit biased to me along with the other guy in the situation getting let off the hook even though he had prior offences just as I did. So I started a conversation on the forums with him just to inquire him on his complete thoughts about the unbanning the other guy and not me. And I mentioned that it seemed a bit biased, but I believe I did it also in a quite professional manner. Then he decides to respond to me pretty harshly and as you can also see in evidence he includes that the other persons attitude towards the situation was "exemplary" and said mine wasn't, implying I didn't take it well and was rude to him. Which I think you are able to tell from both my ban appeal and conversation I was nothing of the sorts, just curious and wanting to play the server. One last thing I would like to add is when responding to my inquiry about the biasedness he says "He was rightfully mad about the RDM" which kind of is implying because I broke a rule it was better for him to do so back, which is very unprofessional to say.

So I know I wrote a lot, and thank you for taking your time to read it and i hope you can see the points that I have made about how there seems to a little something weird.

Time of Occurrence:All of today, 12/28/17
Evidence to support your claim:
https://gyazo.com/500c9e80217b57049fe132d22471988b - Conversation
https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ban-appeal.7809/ - My ban appeal
https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ban-appeal.7810/ - Guy who reported me ban appeal
Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

Onami

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

To begin, I would like to apologize for the delay with my response. I've been on LOA and am currently in a house without any wi-fi available.

"I was a little bit frustrated during the sit but when I was getting banned I completely understood why I was getting banned and was calm [...]"
I think both @ELIASS and @HiddenBush can agree with me when I say that, during the whole sit, people were rowdy, screaming over each other and insulting each other. Sits between two enemy orgs are hard to handle both for the admin and those involved, and I can forgive your actions during the sit, which included talking over the other members. However, as you may remember, there was one member that kept his talking to a minimum, and that was LIGhtning. And, most importantly, when he did talk, he spoke objectively, refraining from insulting others, keeping his retelling of the story short and simple, without refraining from telling any other facts that may go against him; something that admins ask for in every sit. What made me most impressed about his behavior was when he was actually faced with the reality that he would have to receive a ban, he didn't contest it. In fact, he admitted to the NLR break as the sit was starting. He knew what he did was wrong, didn't argue, and instead chose to stay calm, recognizing he could make a ban appeal later. You, on the other hand, chose to be the designated speaker for your org, which is respectable. However, the way in which you handled the situation was unacceptable. You very clearly changed your story many times, at first saying that you instantly shot them after they insulted you, but later when confronted that you should've put them under FearRP, you backtracked and said you did. And when called out by not only me but other members of the sit about this, you decided to stick to changing your story for your own benefit, refusing to accept you had broken a very major rule. Now it's important to note that your attitude in the sit was not the reason for the ban. The ban was for a clear rule break, but the way in which you handled the rule break showed me you were not ready to learn from your mistakes, and so I couldn't let you off with purely a warning. If I had seen that your attitude was so bad it deserved a ban, I would've added that to the ban reason; however I see how easy it is to be frustrated at this type of situation and understand why you would act that way, even if it is unacceptable.

"I get banned and saw it was 2 days, which I thought may have been a bit heavy handed"
You had already received warnings for many different rule breaks, one of them being RDM. This shows me that purely these warning points weren't teaching you a lesson or making you a better player for the community. You are an experienced player and you are expected to be able to follow the rules, and when you break the same rule twice, even after being warned after the first time, it shows me how unprepared you are to play in this community. Two days for a second offense RDM is standard, and maybe a bit too light for such an experienced player as you.

"I made a very professional ban appeal"
And I must thank you for that. The ban appeal was in fact well written and what we expect from players, but that still does not exempt you from the rule break.

"He accepted the guy who reported me and also got banned ban appeal, so I was like maybe he has seen the whole situation was weird and will accept mine too."
As previously stated in both this response and in our private conversations, while both appeals were about the same situation, they were both very different rule breaks. You decided to pull out a gun, shooting the two opposing org members, ending their RP and breaking one of the most clear and objective rules we have; RDM. LIGhtning, on the other hand, merely confronted you about the killings after he respawned, barely going out of his way to interfere with the roleplay, considering the situation occurred literally 5 meters from where he spawned. While NLR is still a rule break, as is evident in his punishment, it is due to much lesser punishment than your rule break, clear RDM. Along with that, the ban appeal was only accepted 12 hours after he received the ban, meaning he would have already served half of his sentence for a lesser rule break, a time frame in which I believe he would've learned his lesson.

"I'd also like to mention he added in the response to my ban appeal with "your history as a player" which I think is a bit unprofessional to use."
To be sincere, I don't see the unprofessional statement here. Your history as a player must be taken into account when handing out punishments, otherwise everyone would repeatedly get warning points for rules they had already broken numerous times before.

"Then he decides to respond to me pretty harshly and as you can also see in evidence he includes that the other persons attitude towards the situation was "exemplary" and said mine wasn't, implying I didn't take it well and was rude to him. "
I simply tried to state a fact. Maybe I could have elaborated more as I did in this response, but I didn't find it necessary at the time. I never meant for you to see your actions as rude. They just simply weren't up to par with what one would expect in a sit. I have seen many worse offenders during sits, but your attitude wasn't necessarily the best either. But it's important to note you didn't receive and more punishment for these actions. Your two day ban was because of the RDM and solely that. Your actions in the sit just proved to me that you weren't convinced what you did was RDM, and evidently weren't familiar with these rules yet.

"One last thing I would like to add is when responding to my inquiry about the biasedness he says "He was rightfully mad about the RDM" which kind of is implying because I broke a rule it was better for him to do so back, which is very unprofessional to say."
Again, I never meant to imply anything through that message. I just meant to objectively state that I understood why someone would be mad about the RDM. I never excused him of his NLR break, and he did receive a punishment for it. Just as I understood your frustration in the situation with the organization war your two orgs were fighting about, I also understood their frustration when they were killed randomly. Maybe I worded my sentence incorrectly, but I would never excuse a rule break with another rule break.

I appreciate you writing as much as you did and going in depth into the topic. It shows dedication as a member of the community. This is now in the hands of upper management.

Darth

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Just one last thing I would like to say, and I wont reply again. The whole thing of me "changing my story" which I tried to make clear to you was just a miscommunication on my part. But you wouldn't listen and just thought I was fibbing by backtracking. It was about 1 am when it happened and I was tired. Another thing is @HiddenBush had seen what happened and we had figured out what I did wasn't just killing him without warning, why would I do that. It was I warned him about the disrespect and that I would kill him, but I didn't put him under fearrp I just had warned him without a gun to his head. Then following when he continued I pull a glock out of my locker then kill him, which is not the story I guess you have.

Darth

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

@HiddenBush that wasnt the whole situation, but I did rewatch and the warning I gave was not heard I think by Antonio because he was repeatedly saying "Salty". Nevertheless this report is not about the situation anymore, seeing as that has been dealt with.

Last edited:

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I don’t see any abuse here to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.