flexy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: flexy
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60209933
Your Character Name: Jane Donezo

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Shawntae

Reason for Report: He killed me in the back as police, without any reason. I was negotiating in a hostage situation, while being a detective because they gave us 5 mins or the hostage would die. I was the first responder and went in. Everything was going well. However the chief could not respond cuz he was doing staff duties. So the chief told a seargent to take control of the situation. Seargent took care of it. Gave them the money. As they were driving away they had a 4 man car and 5 guys for it. One of them was trying to escape on foot, and i was chasing after him. No shots were fired, and I'm chasing down the suspect about to switch to my taser. Thats when the newly joined Lieutenant shot me in the back. He didnt know I was a detective. Accidents can happen. But instead admitting he made a mistake, he tried to get me demoted after i told the chief to demote him. On top of this hes an admin himself, which only make the situation even worse.
Time of Occurrence: 7:45 PM CET 3/15/2018
Evidence to support your claim: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....463/81829A84EA2582D5FD749CA91E9F9B3FCA3C1767/
Additional members involved/witnessing: @valentino he was the admin responding to my report. Gave me the screenshot seen above.

Shawntae

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

First of all, you came running down the stairs armed with a glock, alongside a bunch of criminals also armed with glocks. No officer had given me information about any detective on the inside, nor had you over the radio. I therefore assumed you were a criminal, and decided to shoot when I saw them releasing the hostage. I never took any administrative nor did I leave character, everything I did and said was in character, I do not see how I abused my administrative powers in this role playing scenario.

Second of all, you were the one that started screaming upon being revived, and since you decided to yell at me, I started yelling back, in-character. Again I don't see how I'm violating any rules.

I did tell you, that I thought you were a criminal, and that I didn't get any information about a detective, as shown in the video. Perhaps next time, make clear that you're a detective for your fellow officers?
Also I was out of range, so I didn't hear him telling them to put their hands up, I was all the way at the realtor, I thought he was trying to enter the car alongside the other criminals. There was no possible way, for me to know you were a detective, and when I realized I instantly ran for my car, after having you revived, to continue the pursuit.

Last but not least, staff were online capable of dealing with this incident, so I could explain to you, yet again, that I thought you were a bad guy, use the resources available to you, that's what staff is here for.

That's all for me, I'll now leave the decision to a higher-up.

EDIT: Small note, having your radio activated so you could tell other cops that you're a detective, and also listen when they ask about negotiations would really help :)

Last edited:

flexy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

First of all, you responded to the call late, since you joined the police force minitues b4 the shooting happened, so you had no information about whats happening inside, yet you decided to take shoots as soon as it was possible.

Second of all, you shot someone who you tought was a criminal without telling them to put their hands up, and the supposed criminal did have had his back to you. Not giving him any chance to survive the situation. If this happened in real life, and even if i was a criminal you cant shoot someone in the back just becouse he has a weapon on him. But your first response was to shoot. If you do not know simple things like this you should not RP as a cop.

Third point is you mentioning that i said you are abusing your admin role. I never said that. All i said was and I quote " On top of this hes an admin himself, which only make the situation even worse." Which means you are an admin and you are RP-ing a cop and you are making such an obvious mistake by shooting someone in the back without even giving them a chance to survive the encounter.

Last but not the least, my response to this part:
Last but not least, staff were online capable of dealing with this incident, so I could explain to you, yet again, that I thought you were a bad guy, use the resources available to you, that's what staff is here for.
is the admin, AKA @Valentino Wong that took my case told me there is an admin involved, so i should make a staff report and deal with the issue there. Thats why he gave me the screenshot.

That's all for me, I'll now leave the decision to a higher-up.

EDIT: Small note, having your radio activated during a hostage situation while you are trying to negotiate with the bad guys might not always be the best idea especially when everyone is talking over eachother on the radio :)

Last edited:

flexy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Oh, one more thing that i forgot to point out. As you can see and hear in the video, he also calls me a "coon" which is not only player disrespect but racist aswell.

Shawntae

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Oh, one more thing that i forgot to point out. As you can see and hear in the video, he also calls me a "coon" which is not only player disrespect but racist aswell.

I used the term "goon", perhaps my accent or the poor audio quality in-game made it sound different, also the disrespect was all in-character.

flexy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

no matter how many times i listen, still sounds like "coon" tho. i wonder if you always pronounce C when you mean to say G :thinking:

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

After looking at the video and taking both sides in consideration I've come to the conclusion that there's no wrongdoing in this situation. Yes, it looks like it's a misunderstanding as Shawntae did not know you were a detective. I don't know what happened prior to the video, but you can always make use of the GOV chat (after chasing the criminals there is no need to hide your identity/negotiate so turning on your radio wouldn't be so bad).

Furthermore, as far as I'm concerned you have the right to shoot the criminals after they've left the hostage behind as they are secure to be safe. At last, this whole report it seems you are provoking Shawntae more than actually reporting him. When you report someone stay as professional as you can be.

Also, the definition of player disrespect: Any form of disrespect that happens OOC. I do not see any OOC disrespect in this situation.

So this report will be denied. Both of you can use some communication classes to prevent this from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.