Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Grungy_Riddle
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:196604029
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Alex Anderson

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Stuvi

Reason for Report: Banning someone despite what they did falling under Rule 2.2 6.
Time of Occurrence: At about 11/10/18 3 Pm
Evidence to support your claim: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/filuren-buren-ban-appeal.15415/
Additional members involved/witnessing: @FilurenIBureN

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The part where FilurenIBureN was wrong was in claiming that the police couldn't arrest his friend - seemingly OOCly. Hence FailRP and why FilurenIBureN's following action seemed to be an OOC response. FilurenIBureN has explained that all of it was IC, which I'll leave to @Stuvi to assess. Maybe there's been a misunderstanding, maybe not.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

The part where FilurenIBureN is wrong is when he starts threatening the police officer with a weapon for arresting somebody that has been public farming. Now, normally this would be totally fine, but for cases where public farming infront of the supermarket is involved, I've made a post in this thread:
https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/make-a-new-rule-about-growing-food.15376/#post-92233

Being arrested for this offense does NOT give you or anyone else a valid reason to harm police officers. If you do, you are breaking our FailRP and RDM rules.
Why do I say it is FailRP? Well, think realistically: Who on earth would gun down an officer for somebody being arrested for public farming? Nobody - that's why I am saying that it's FailRP to do so, and it will be punished with both FailRP and RDM. While only RDM is listed in his ban reason, it should have also included FailRP.

I don't care what reason you "might have". If you public farm, and you're arrested or ticketed for it, you can not harm the arresting or other police officers - even if you have a illegal weapon equipped or on you. If you don't want to be "punished" for public farming, then don't do it.
Since the supermarket area is a hotspot for public farmers - and therefore muggings/robberies and RDM - we've taken some measures to ensure people can do their illegal activities there AND police officers can punish those without being harmed. This is also a counter measure for the constant cop baiting from several trigger happy players and/or organizations.

You guys keep forgetting that this is a roleplay server. It's about roleplay - not about killing and assassinations. If you want to save your buddy with force then raid the PD and break him out - but don't gun down officers during a arrest for public farming - that's plain stupid in my opinion and in no way roleplay.

Jertz

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I was involved in the situation being right there when this happened.

So you're referencing rules you've posted in a suggestion thread one day before this incident, with no mention about it on the rules page which is supposed to be the one we play by. How are people supposed to know this, people don't read your forums like it's the newspaper. The rule which stands at the very moment only forbids harming police for citing or arresting you, which wasn't the intention at all and would've played out if the cop didn't break FearRP in the first place, how come the cop wasn't punished for his rulebreak? Filuren was also there farming outside of the shop property we were renting, in which we were growing weed in thus breaking the law.

This whole thing comes down to you saying the guy was gunned down for the arrest which is not what happened, and you don't seem to get it. Saying "don't RP anything with the cops, let them arrest you and then go break them out with no interaction" removes more elements of the roleplay than it creates, in contradiction to what you say it does.

What I think that happened is that Stuvi got a bit too excited, did a bad judgement and now is grasping the straws trying to come up with any excuse to back his position. Also after the incident we tried contacting you in-game PM, discord but receive no response. Your appeal responses give no detailed ban reason other than what the ban message already noted. I personally got a very bad image of you and your capabilities of handling these issues.

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I forgot to mention, I heard all of this from @Col so he was connected to the situation as an "Audio Witness"

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I've told @Stuvi that a statement in a thread can not overrule the server rules - it's simply too much to ask / expect from players that they will be aware of various statements regarding exceptions to the rules in threads. However, I would note that the reason Stuvi did not edit the rules directly, is because public farming will be blocked off gamemode-wise in the next update. He was trying to find a good temporary solution, and this was it. I probably would have accepted a bit of wild-west regarding public farming till update 4.5 and don't really see the urgency. It's hard to blame the banned person here and so I think the report is quite reasonable, but we're also in a special context for which Stuvi tried to come up with a good solution. The outcome here is the precedent that we should always try to avoid making rules outside of the official rules thread, and I would urge the community management to consider whether these type of temporary rule exception statements in wait for gamemode updates really are that urgent - essentially, in the absence of something really detrimental to the server, let's just wait for the gamemode update to arrive, and accept that, until then, things are like they have been for the last one and a half years of running Monolith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.