Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff fisher

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I found this server through JMW Films video
at the time i hadn't played Gmod for a good 4 months as i was a War Thunder and Unturned Fanboy at the time but i decided to give it a try and that's when i got hooked

Why don't everybody here say how they found the server
same

Nitr0us

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I found this server through JMW Films video
at the time i hadn't played Gmod for a good 4 months as i was a War Thunder and Unturned Fanboy at the time but i decided to give it a try and that's when i got hooked

Why don't everybody here say how they found the server
Was on a similar semi-serious server that was at the time the best RP server besides Santos, then once Monolith came out with the new update last July it killed said server as the Owner didn't do any updates for years and lied to the players. All my friends from that server moved to this server so I thought I'd give it a shot and here I am.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I liked the part at the end, understanding the importance of what Monolith is. It's very common, dare I even say, for the majority of big servers to fall prey to lax standards, becoming corrupt, selling parts of itself for short-term games, sacrificing gameplay in the process. Monolith continues to prove that valuing it's community and gameplay is the highest standard a server should hold itself to, regardless of game, and Monolith has built, and continues to build on that.

The closest competing servers, if they could really be called competition, have to kick their corruption into overdrive to even begin to keep step - that's not a reliable practice, and ultimately self-defeating.
Some people feel that Monolith's RP can no longer be considered DarkRP, and that is a stance I understand. I personally take the view that Monolith is an example of what DarkRP can be at it's best - taking the themes and ideas, of building a virtual city, with all of it's viable elements, and taking care to fill it with opportunities for Roleplay and Gameplay, driving the experience.
Every advancement Monolith makes is an advancement of the standard any good DarkRP server should hope to hold themselves to, and ultimately, standards for servers across the board. Years from now, even if Monolith has evolved, or ended, we may very well find ourselves playing in environments inspired by what was done here today.

Hoblit

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Over a year since I last went on, maybe it's time to come and check the new stuff out :p

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hi guys, time to announce the winners of the Premium Giveaway. They are:
@Kapusta, @DankPupper, @Calebcj7, @[EDEN] Matthew, and @DanZeGreat

Each of you have been sent an individual coupon code over PM for one month's free Premium! Congrats, and good job bringing in 200 new Steam group members during the competition!

Last edited:

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Eden305

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

where would I redeem my coupon code??

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Sniff. I would like to thank my mother, and my nanny. well anyone that actually believed in me for making such a great guide! I knew I could always do it.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

thank you guys for the membership, I swear this community keeps growing so fast and I’m glad y’all enjoyed my EMS guide

also @Lambsauce | Joseph Heinrich congrats on winning free membership too, great guide for new players to paralake

Status
Not open for further replies.