Randy3671

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

We what to know what you think would help get are numbers up for the Department Share with us your ideas

Randall Cardwell, Police Supervisor

Attachments

• Screenshot_561.jpg
    Screenshot_561.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 12

pierre

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

remove whitelist please

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

Because this is kind of anoying and travis don't even tell why you failed

Console

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Give access to the battering ram to everyone except cadets. I have not seen what the pay is like for this upcoming update but I think a big thing is the cost of becoming a cop when the pop is high or the crime is high doesn't make sense atm.

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

Give access to the battering ram to everyone except cadets. I have not seen what the pay is like for this upcoming update but I think a big thing is the cost of becoming a cop when the pop is high or the crime is high doesn't make sense atm.
I agree.

Aziel

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Remove whitelist

billybobsta

Banned
Banned
Awards
LV

i would condone this if i was free( i want to break free, i want to break free)

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

To all whom it may concern: The whitelist was put in place after people repeatedly abused the department tablet by demoting countless individuals without reason.

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

Because this is kind of anoying and travis don't even tell why you failed
We have heard this from the public a few times and upon deliberation, effective approx 1 week ago, we began listing reasons for denial.

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

To all whom it may concern: The whitelist was put in place after people repeatedly abused the department tablet by demoting countless individuals without reason.
Oh Yeah I saw that too and was also sometimes a victim of false demote

We have heard this from the public a few times and upon deliberation, effective approx 1 week ago, we began listing reasons for denial.
Ok because my apply that I failed had no why did I failed, so great news

Last edited:

Mornarq

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

We what to know what you think would help get are numbers up for the Department Share with us your ideas

Randall Cardwell, Police Supervisor
  1. Focusing on bringing back Sergeants and Lieutenants with a Questionnaire for knowledge check. (As @ChasingOctane mentioned would be the probable filter instead of full-on whitelist). This will give incentives to level up. Also allows a proper hierarchy / chain of command where the Chief and Supervisors can setup Patrol Squadrons, thus bringing more organization in the department on duty and a sense of purpose beyond basic policing for officers (They get a specific area of patrol, and thus feel like a cog in a greater machine where their actions are crucial to running smooth PD).
  2. Higher Pay. This is a high stress, energy-draining, high risk crucial job in the city. For people to be willing to sacrifice lucrative life of crime for a shift in the PD, money talks as they say. Also in real life, better payed police are less prone to corruption and to accept bribes. Also, consider hospital bills. It is expensive to die in the line of fire multiple times in a shift.
  3. Tackle corruption and cop abuse quickly, and be quicker to blacklist people (perhaps with less warnings). Who wants to work for a Police that acts like criminals?

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Seconding @Mornarq's post above. Before the reset, when we had more people with access to mid-tier supervisory roles, there was usually someone on duty that had access to the warrant system, and could act as a ranking officer or direct the department until a higher officer came onboard. Seconding that idea of having an in-game filter test that you could take that directly asks questions broadly from the SOP & legislative guides to get those mid-tier ranks back. It'll take a load off y'all, and hey set it so if you fail it you can't retake it for a few days. That SGT fucks around? Demote them and blacklist them from the mid tiers for a month.

I would add:
  • Remove automatic weapons (or whitelist them) from the officer role, limit them to shotguns and pistols. I've seen WAY more RDM from cops post-reset because every single cop can go and buy an automatic rifle. It's an odd choice.
  • Fix the links in Rommel's post for Laws of Monoford, or delete that post and put a new one up. Citizens don't have access to the lawbook anymore.
  • Bring back broad access to the PCSO, or change how that department is supposed to interface with the MPD. I've had a few heated arguments with traffic violators in Pine County that don't want to respond to MPD vehicles because they're still thinking they're out of jurisdiction. If the jurisdiction of the MPD is omnipresent, then remove the PCSO and rename it Falcon Creek Police Station.
  • More of a question but what happened to the police tow service? How does impounding work now?

Last edited:

rainyday

Monolith Newcomer
LV

Removing Police SGT and LT ranks was a step in the wrong direction. All organizations as they develop adapt normally more ranks and structure but PD has decided to somehow go in the opposite direction for no real reason and not just step backwards but turn around and run.
I totally agree that random high levels should not have access to the promote/demote tablet. (works entirely fine for EMS director/FD/Mayor though so I sense a culture issue). That being said the Mayor has the ability to raise the drawbridge without any vetting so the only real issue was Chief and Captain demoting people. The solution to this was to get rid of two ranks arbitrarily and gatekeep the Captain/Chief positions. Now there are people online that can actually fire people doing things wrong less than 20% of the time. The remaining 80% of the time cops are free to troll with no supervision or guidance that could have came from intermediate ranks like SGT or LT.

The fallout from this decision:
1. People no longer play PD roles because there is no level and progression system, they are already at the top of their progression and would rather play a job where they did not lose money because the compensation system is broken as well.
2. Most of the time now PD is completely directionless because no "leaders" are on to direct anything. PD is at best an ORG talking on the radio together.
3. Arguments and misconduct used to be handled by someone saying "I'm a SGT or LT I out rank you so do X instead of Y. Now other cops let cops troll and look the other way because there is nothing the cop could do anyway.

In an attempt to fix one small issue (in my 2 years of playing I've never been wrongfully demoted, only ironically started being demoted recently when I was AFK or "driving badly" when I wasn't even in the car...) this decision effectively destroyed PD. It is common to log on when there are 50 players on and 0 PD will be on. This locks civs from doing certain tasks and hurts the server as a whole. Frankly this one shortsighted decision may have been a key reason why the population dropped again.

There really hasn't been any attempt to rectify this situation ether. Posts above state that the whitelist isn't streamlined and they won't even tell you why you failed. My own application has 40 views and not 1 reply over the span of 2 weeks. Additionally, the initial post here doesn't even have enough effort to be grammatically correct and it is one sentence long. This thread is a publicly viewable testament to the efforts of PD leadership's ability to change and reform. Yet, the initial post is the worst written post when optics should be paramount.

I offer to help out as I have real life experience being a primary leader in organizations of this size and even larger. I think you guys need outside help to fix this, perhaps not from me but certainly from someone who has an external perspective.

LilGate

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Years of Mono

LV

Removing Police SGT and LT ranks was a step in the wrong direction. All organizations as they develop adapt normally more ranks and structure but PD has decided to somehow go in the opposite direction for no real reason and not just step backwards but turn around and run.
I totally agree that random high levels should not have access to the promote/demote tablet. (works entirely fine for EMS director/FD/Mayor though so I sense a culture issue). That being said the Mayor has the ability to raise the drawbridge without any vetting so the only real issue was Chief and Captain demoting people. The solution to this was to get rid of two ranks arbitrarily and gatekeep the Captain/Chief positions. Now there are people online that can actually fire people doing things wrong less than 20% of the time. The remaining 80% of the time cops are free to troll with no supervision or guidance that could have came from intermediate ranks like SGT or LT.

The fallout from this decision:
1. People no longer play PD roles because there is no level and progression system, they are already at the top of their progression and would rather play a job where they did not lose money because the compensation system is broken as well.
2. Most of the time now PD is completely directionless because no "leaders" are on to direct anything. PD is at best an ORG talking on the radio together.
3. Arguments and misconduct used to be handled by someone saying "I'm a SGT or LT I out rank you so do X instead of Y. Now other cops let cops troll and look the other way because there is nothing the cop could do anyway.

In an attempt to fix one small issue (in my 2 years of playing I've never been wrongfully demoted, only ironically started being demoted recently when I was AFK or "driving badly" when I wasn't even in the car...) this decision effectively destroyed PD. It is common to log on when there are 50 players on and 0 PD will be on. This locks civs from doing certain tasks and hurts the server as a whole. Frankly this one shortsighted decision may have been a key reason why the population dropped again.

There really hasn't been any attempt to rectify this situation ether. Posts above state that the whitelist isn't streamlined and they won't even tell you why you failed. My own application has 40 views and not 1 reply over the span of 2 weeks. Additionally, the initial post here doesn't even have enough effort to be grammatically correct and it is one sentence long. This thread is a publicly viewable testament to the efforts of PD leadership's ability to change and reform. Yet, the initial post is the worst written post when optics should be paramount.

I offer to help out as I have real life experience being a primary leader in organizations of this size and even larger. I think you guys need outside help to fix this, perhaps not from me but certainly from someone who has an external perspective.
I don’t mean anything bad here but have you seen the announcements in the discord?

rainyday

Monolith Newcomer
LV

I don’t mean anything bad here but have you seen the announcements in the discord?
I didn't see that but I'm happy I have now. Still these changes should have happened sooner than two months after they started doing irreversible damage to the PD.

As long as they don't gut the PD and give Sheriff all the powers it should be good. Currently Sheriff Deputies are above Chief (which makes no sense) and have the same powers as the Chief.

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

Like a wise kuro once said:

The sherif's office is the whole county not just one ittle city so indeed they should have higher power in hands like irl

rainyday

Monolith Newcomer
LV

The sherif's office is the whole county not just one ittle city so indeed they should have higher power in hands like irl
Thats not at all the case. they are in two different organizations entirely. One has authority over a city the other over more rural areas. They might intermix to help each other out but they are two different organizations.

The only thing a sheriff will do that a normal cop cant is serve as an officer of the court which essentially is to deliver documents like a process server (courier) which isn't a "higher power" its just a duty.

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Thats not at all the case. they are in two different organizations entirely. One has authority over a city the other over more rural areas. They might intermix to help each other out but they are two different organizations.

The only thing a sheriff will do that a normal cop cant is serve as an officer of the court which essentially is to deliver documents like a process server (courier) which isn't a "higher power" its just a duty.
IRL Sheriff departments don't supersede local authority, and in most jurisdictions work together with local officers without it being a dickswinging contest. They're county/state employees that provide enforcement to smaller jurisdictions and unincorporated areas, and usually have direct authority over the criminal justice system - so theoretically they SHOULD outrank and be able to directly control the corrections department but wouldn't be able to override actions taken in Monoford unless the ranking chief of police called for assistance.

I get why the server is trying to set up the hierarchy it is because of the prevalence of shitty cops.
IDK I think the bigger issue that I'm hopeful there's a fix to once the re-ranking comes out is that there's less people that will RP as a cop for the duration of their time on the server, and there's more folk that will just hop on when their friends are on to allow for heists to continue. As soon as the hit is over, they all jump off the force.