Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Friends, a question for you.
How many of you guys actually routinely RP real, quality traffic stops? It seems like its been a couple weeks since I've been able to have a good one without getting verbally annihilated or just brutally clapped. (on either side tbh) I only ask for the purpose of how I will decide my RP style for the day. If I see a bunch of you folks on that do it up like a pro, I'll probably pick more of a friendly character. If not, I'd probably go more hardass.

Bobby Kurosaki

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I wouldn't be a hardass cause that will most likely get you murdered but don't be too nice either get to the point and get out of it quick before 5 people roll up and point guns at you

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I try to be friendly when they do actually pull over for once to encourage it- let them know the only chance of them being arrested is fleeing, that you have their plate and can find them etc if they seem to be shifty.

Far, far too often I have to pursue people to the point of a code red for a red light or expired license warning.

Be clear, assertive and if necessary, escalate it to a hard stop, get them out of the car and secure them before following normal procedure. I emphasise this is allowed if you believe they are a flight risk.

I implore normal people to pull over and find out why you're being pulled before running away.

Im trying to propagate the British approach of Hard Stops as they are effective in initiating rp and getting arrests rather than deaths or escapes and show a more professional police force.

details can be found on the monolith police handbook thread, and here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw36yFvn5s_t-JHfMHCpycjZ

This can also be enacted from a moving position to a stopping one.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Its not even always the people who RP as cops who cause this, the people being stopped are also just as bad. During high pop its hard to actually get any decent traffic stop RP, id recommend just being nice as often as you can. If you participate in the whole cop aggression, you'll only add fuel to the fire of hatred towards police. Same goes with the civilians who get pulled over, a lot will just be complete assholes and would rather run and get shot then just take the RP and go on about their day.

More people need to embrace passive RP, red light violations etc are not reasons to run from the police or get out and shot them. Same with police, there's no need to get out and approach the car with your gun out, that only make shit worse.

Hence why I prefer playing during low-pop, everyone during that time is quite chill and willing to RP... After all this is a R O L E P L A Y server.

smokeydagger

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

While I usually try to RP a proper traffic stop I just find more often then not the person being pulled over runs or aggravates the situation. While the RP and outcome does equally reply on the cop and person being pulled over its very hard, I find, to actually have a good situation. I have seen bad cops in traffic stops and bad civs. Its rare but sometimes you do get a pure gem of a situation.

When we were on Rockford for a week I pulled a guy over with my partner. We asked questions, checked licenses and noticed a slur and problem with the driver (he was putting it all on), he was putting on a great drunk driver RP. He continued to step out, droping his keys (in real life for the sound effect) and falling over. That was probably the best and most fun I have had on Pd but just incredibly rare.

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Friends, a question for you.
How many of you guys actually routinely RP real, quality traffic stops? It seems like its been a couple weeks since I've been able to have a good one without getting verbally annihilated or just brutally clapped. (on either side tbh) I only ask for the purpose of how I will decide my RP style for the day. If I see a bunch of you folks on that do it up like a pro, I'll probably pick more of a friendly character. If not, I'd probably go more hardass.
I honestly like role playing traffic stops, however it’s when they go over the top.

Ex: pulling you over asking for 3 additional and putting spike strips under your car so you can’t drive away.

Like Jesus you might as well call swat on me while you’re at it. Just treat a traffic stop like you’re pulling someone over that ran a red light, ran a stop sign, illegal parked, etc.

However I do feel if people try to rp traffic stops instead of always driving away it would be nice, and I try my best to rp traffic stops.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I always professionally roleplay traffic stops. It’s when people treat the traffic stop like a video game and have no regard for roleplay or police authority that I give up and leave or extend it to the point to where I can arrest them for 15 years+.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Finished a guide which includes some British methods for stopping cars- so far they work far far better in stopping vehicles in game. Made it because of this and one other thread, maybe it'll help?

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I always try to RP semi realistically and it comes to the point that I refuse to pull people over anymore. Either I flip my lights and sirens on and they immediately just take off for no reason or they pull over and just constantly yell and scream at me and then shoot me. I have only had 1 good RP traffic stop. Civilians need to try and actually RP. The server is coming more as a ShootACop Roleplay instead of actually having fun and creating a good roleplay scenario.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I always try to RP semi realistically and it comes to the point that I refuse to pull people over anymore. Either I flip my lights and sirens on and they immediately just take off for no reason or they pull over and just constantly yell and scream at me and then shoot me. I have only had 1 good RP traffic stop. Civilians need to try and actually RP. The server is coming more as a ShootACop Roleplay instead of actually having fun and creating a good roleplay scenario.
I think this will thankfully change on monoford when it is released- the look of it is slightly more utopia like, with loads of space for passive role play. The environment is as important as the players, and what I think we'll see is lower alter becoming a home to simple crime, falcon heights being organised crime, and sunset island more passive role play, such as domestics and interesting events

BQ Orlando Gamin

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I've tried, but when it gets over 100 people online its almost impossible. I try to let people off with just a warning, sometimes i give a very light ($50) ticket, so long as no one else was hurt and the offense wasn't too outrageous. I have figured out most of the time which ones are the shoot and run types and which are the a**hole ones, and who actually likes RP'ing, whether seriously or extremely casually. Unfortunetly, the people that are the latter seem to never get on. I have had a few good encounters, and its actually led to them to later turning over evidence on other org's a few times, or it was just a nice experience all around.

I've tried to be pulled over a few times, but either the cops don't care or they dont turn on their lights and sirens, then falsley code red me and arrest me for 20 minutes. I've only been on a couple actually decent traffic stops.

scunt

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

if they dont pull over and run thats probably cop baiting so its a big no no

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@MUDJUG ,

I Rate this thread. 100%, peoples point of roleplay is purely criminal. And it will benefit the players of Law Enforcement and in general if people actual roleplay out a traffic stop.

DaddyMack

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I’m a little late to this party, but I know when playing as an officer, I’ll attempt to run through what a traffic stop should be, but I always end up getting the guy that doesn’t want to RP anything out.

Me: Sir, you know why I pulled you over?

Them: I’m not sure officer.

Me: Well you blew through that stop light there, may I have your license and registration please?

Them: Yeah sure l, let me get that... (drives off)

It gets quite irritating at times and often times it feels like it’s not even worth trying to RP anything out because I feel as if they’re not gonna follow suit. I still attempt it though because every great once and a while I’ll get that guy that will flow through everything and make the experience feel genuine. Those are the guys that I usually let off with a warning or a smaller fine.

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

To answer your question from the perspective of a player who does not play cop:

I always pull over and talk nicely to cops if I have nothing illegal going on, I just never saw the point in yelling at them or escalating anything. Usually they would pull me over because I drive the armoured jeep everywhere and it was a dark color, so it matched the description of a lot of raider(s) vehicles, even though I don't raid. I eventually got tired of being pulled over because I was riding in "raider colors" so that's why I painted my jeep the Larry Lurr teal, so the cop mains of the server at least know "oh hey thats larry".

By being nice to cops and working with them, even when they are mistakenly arresting me, I've made a lot of cop main friends, who in the future, cut me a little bit of slack if I accidentally run a red light or something. It pays off much better to just chill and roleplay with the cop instead of just immediately screaming "WHY DID YOU PULL ME OVER, WHY DO I HAVE TO GET OUT, F YOU" - there's been plenty of times where I'm being dragged away in cuffs falsely, and I just say over my mic very calmly "Hey man, I really think you have the wrong guy here. I'm already cuffed. Can you please make sure I am who you're looking for before we go through the whole thing?" and literally 9 times out of 10 they radio their superior, realize its a misunderstanding, and just let me go.

Another thing I don't understand is how many criminals I see treating the cop like absolute trash when they are already in cuffs, like you know that's not going to help you out at all right? Once I'm caught, I'm caught, and I just do what they say and chill with them on the way to the station. So many times I've gotten "You are literally the most polite guy ive ever arrested" and all I ever did was say "Ah dangit, you caught me. You're just doing your job I'll get in the cruiser."

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

To answer your question from the perspective of a player who does not play cop:

I always pull over and talk nicely to cops if I have nothing illegal going on, I just never saw the point in yelling at them or escalating anything. Usually they would pull me over because I drive the armoured jeep everywhere and it was a dark color, so it matched the description of a lot of raider(s) vehicles, even though I don't raid. I eventually got tired of being pulled over because I was riding in "raider colors" so that's why I painted my jeep the Larry Lurr teal, so the cop mains of the server at least know "oh hey thats larry".

By being nice to cops and working with them, even when they are mistakenly arresting me, I've made a lot of cop main friends, who in the future, cut me a little bit of slack if I accidentally run a red light or something. It pays off much better to just chill and roleplay with the cop instead of just immediately screaming "WHY DID YOU PULL ME OVER, WHY DO I HAVE TO GET OUT, F YOU" - there's been plenty of times where I'm being dragged away in cuffs falsely, and I just say over my mic very calmly "Hey man, I really think you have the wrong guy here. I'm already cuffed. Can you please make sure I am who you're looking for before we go through the whole thing?" and literally 9 times out of 10 they radio their superior, realize its a misunderstanding, and just let me go.

Another thing I don't understand is how many criminals I see treating the cop like absolute trash when they are already in cuffs, like you know that's not going to help you out at all right? Once I'm caught, I'm caught, and I just do what they say and chill with them on the way to the station. So many times I've gotten "You are literally the most polite guy ive ever arrested" and all I ever did was say "Ah dangit, you caught me. You're just doing your job I'll get in the cruiser."
I've pulled you over once and I think I arrested you once. I love you, your so nice compared to some of the others. Honestly I don't care what you did, if your nice to me I'll 100% knock off atleast 5min.

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I've pulled you over once and I think I arrested you once. I love you, your so nice compared to some of the others. Honestly I don't care what you did, if your nice to me I'll 100% knock off atleast 5min.
Yeah to be honest I only ever run if there's a legit roleplay reason to. And then I don't uh... I don't get very far. Tried to run yesterday because I had a fugitive in my car and immediately took a dead end road and got blockaded :O So I essentially just got out, put my hands up, and started chilling with the officers while they decided who's car I go into.

Last night the guy driving me to the station kept saying really mean stuff to me because apparently he had too many 5 hour energies or somethin' before he logged onto cop. So every time he was mean I just said something nice back, really threw him off, because I genuinely meant what I said lol. He drags me to the station and goes "You know, you can't just butter me up and get a reduced sentence buddy." - I said "No no, there's just no reason to yell at eachother when I'm already in handcuffs in the basement of the PD dungeon, give me 30 minutes if you got to brother, it's just the game." And then he finally calmed down LMAO -

I feel like the "mentality" problem is on both the side of citizens and cops. It creates a cycle of hatred for criminals/citizens on the police side, and it creates a hatred for police players on our side. But to be honest, spreading the love works. Just kill 'em with kindness, until you can't anymore. Then kill them with bullets.

Emperor Joruñe

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah, it's very important ask first why did we pull over them.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah to be honest I only ever run if there's a legit roleplay reason to. And then I don't uh... I don't get very far. Tried to run yesterday because I had a fugitive in my car and immediately took a dead end road and got blockaded :O So I essentially just got out, put my hands up, and started chilling with the officers while they decided who's car I go into.

Last night the guy driving me to the station kept saying really mean stuff to me because apparently he had too many 5 hour energies or somethin' before he logged onto cop. So every time he was mean I just said something nice back, really threw him off, because I genuinely meant what I said lol. He drags me to the station and goes "You know, you can't just butter me up and get a reduced sentence buddy." - I said "No no, there's just no reason to yell at eachother when I'm already in handcuffs in the basement of the PD dungeon, give me 30 minutes if you got to brother, it's just the game." And then he finally calmed down LMAO -

I feel like the "mentality" problem is on both the side of citizens and cops. It creates a cycle of hatred for criminals/citizens on the police side, and it creates a hatred for police players on our side. But to be honest, spreading the love works. Just kill 'em with kindness, until you can't anymore. Then kill them with bullets.
Good example of this is me pulling over a car and they shout “yo f*** you get out the way- OH James whats up sorry man I'll go get my car fixed up”

Seriously, if you build good relations with the community and they build it back, policing hardly has to happen.

That person avoided a ticket and a search just for being simply polite and amicable.