LV

Your Steam Name: Sun and Steel
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:12029836
Your Character Name: Tom Evola

Ban Length: 3 days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Bryan1504

Ban Reason: Breaking Fear RP
Time of Occurrence: 9:00 EST, 7/29/2017
Relevant Evidence: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ban-request-on.3503/#post-19684
Additional members involved/witnessing:

Essentially, I said that there was a cop next to us and he looked. At which point his gun wasn't even aimed at me. At that point I pulled out my gun. I've talked to a few staff before who said that in their opinion it isn't breaking Fear RP(they did note other staff might not agree and that it's a grey area). I've done it before and had no issue. I ask that the staff look at the video again.

Either way, if I'm in the wrong it won't happen again and I apologize. But as I said before, I got the okay to do this before because technically the person isn't aiming at you and a threat. I view this as a valid roleplaying response to a mugging. There's no need to ban me because a fair warning would stop me from doing this again. But I wasn't aware it was breaking Fear RP.

@Stuvi

Last edited:

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In my opinion, if you're going to do this you should be recording. It is very easy to say they "looked away" when in fact you could be saying that to use as an excuse to kill them.

Sun and Steel

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah, I understand. And I know it's risky. I likely won't do it any more, even if I get the okay here. If I don't get the okay, I promise not to do it any more. I only ask that this be my warning and not a 3 day ban.

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Watched the video.. He RPed this very well. Distracted the mugger, got an opportunity to defend himself. If situations like this weren't allowed, then all mugging would be powergaming. Definitely don't think he should've been banned.

Rommel

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I was asked to issue this ban by @Lola Meid so im going to give them a chance to review this as well before taking any action.
In regards to the video, and how I view it. You role-played the situation very well and got him to take his gun away so it wasn't directly facing you though he could still see you in his field of vision. My only real issue is that he was only distracted for a second or two but you used that time perfectly and pulled the gun out right when he was facing his gun 90 degrees or so away from you before swinging back. Given the video I do not totally believe that a 3 day ban should have been issued for this. I do however want to hear what Lola and @Major Lorne(Pmx) think about due to them either replying on the original video thread or asking for this person to be banned in-game.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Greetings,
I saw the video again and I still believe you failedRP as, in my opinion you should have ran as soon as you got the chance to do so, instead of starting to shoot the mugger. You would of course try to defend yourself using the weapon you had in case he started to shoot you.

However, as you stated, this is a grey area. Some people agree this was not failRP and others do (including me). As you seem to be someone that wouldn't failRP on purpose I will lift the ban. I issued a 3 day ban because at the time I thought you actually failRPed on purpose.

Regards,
Pmx

Status
Not open for further replies.