LV

Your Steam Name: BobbyBobster
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:120939494
Your Character Name: Joe Mossey

Ban Length: 4 days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Tango

Ban Reason: Meta gaming - private discord
Time of Occurrence: Not sure, I got off at 4 am
Relevant Evidence: (idk if this means anything, but here is a picture of my discord and the ban)
Additional members involved/witnessing: I literally don't even know the people I was "meta gaming" with. Let me explain below.

So last night at like 2:30-3:45 (when i got off) am, there was absolute chaos going on, vdm multiple times by ups drivers and tow trucks. Entire city was on fire and pretty much just nothing was going how it normally should. For instance, some guy just randomly shot me while farming and I'm still not sure who it was. I made a ticket about the vdm after It happened to me and I watched it multiple times when i realized @Tango was online, but my ticket was never even responded to. Anyways, at like 2 am with 60 players online and nothing but chaos, I decided I was done trying to mug, and do fun shit so I went to the supermarket to grow melons..... I met some ups guy who's truck had got stolen by a random guy on my way there. So we talked and decided to farm some. Yea we talked in discord, but I really didn't think it was a problem, we weren't even doing anything that affected anyone else just farming legal crops. Only thing that would incite rp, would be if police told us to stop. But anyways, I just didn't know I wasn't allowed to be on discord. I knew i wasn't allowed to meta game on discord, but since we didn't really do anything, I didn't think it was a problem. There was one time when we held a cop at gun point, but that was before we where even in discord. So yea, basically got banned for meta gaming for being in a discord even though I wasn't doing anything that involved anyone else, or gave me any type of advantage. Honestly just didn't know it was against the rules, I just wont do it again I'm sorry. However I do have an issue being that I paid money to be premium for a month, and now I have been banned for longer than I have even been playing the server. I think that is a bit crazy, I understand I broke the rule, and do apologize, but I didn't know it was a rule at the time. I've only been playing for a few days and someone told me discord was a no no, but only if I was using it to raid and communicate without others knowing thus giving us an advantage. And I didn't feel like that was happening at all. Im sorry, but could my ban please be appealed? I really had good things to say about the server and thats why I bough premium so quickly. But now I am being banned for a rule I didn't really understand. For longer than I have even been playing. Oh only other thing I did besides farm behind market while being on discord. Was at almost 4 am we rode to the drug dealer so i could sell some weed I had in my bank. Then we planted crops in front of city hall to see how the cops would respond.. Then we got offline. Just realized I was banned after I got off, when i tried to get on this morning. Thanks for reading. Sorry for the confusion, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.. I'm a new player, and I guess I was just misinformed thinking discord was fine as long as I wasn't using it to have an advantage over others.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

May you explain this?
Joe Mossey (BobbyBobster | RainRP.co) (STEAM_0:0:120939494) (716) sent an iMessage to: Jimmy Daigo (Cerio) (STEAM_0:1:37174618) (965) saying: You got discord or something? Game chat makes me depressed

You were apparently using Discord instead of game chat. You may not do that at all, per our rules.

When playing on the server, our Discord is the only allowed third-party program for communication - crews get their own channel only accessible to their members. It is prohibited to use the discord for IC communication, eg: sharing locations, agreeing on meetings, trades etc.

BobbyBobster

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

May you explain this?

You were apparently using Discord instead of game chat. You may not do that at all, per our rules.

Yea, I was using it to talk. But I thought it was okay since I wasn't using it to gain an advantage since I was not raiding or anything like that. I understand discord is prohibited now. I won't do it again. I've been playing for like 2-3 days, I honestly just didn't realize that it was against the rules as I was misinformed by a stranger in the past. But I am just asking to please be unbanned, I really just didn't know it was a problem but I wont do it again. I just bought premium and was hoping to start playing the server daily and this is really unfortunate. I really do apolozie for breaking the rule in the first place though. Won't happen again now that I understand the rule. I will also be sure to double check and read up on the rules ASAP

BobbyBobster

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

To clear up any confusion. I was on discord because it made talking easier to understand. I wasn't using it to gain an advantage on any other players as I wasn't doing anything but watering my plants, and then selling the seeds and repeating. So I didn't know it was against the rules.

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

You will be unbanned. Make sure this never happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.