Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper360

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

940b412ea3bafc3b5663b07fbe6290f2.png

https://gyazo.com/940b412ea3bafc3b5663b07fbe6290f2
The picture speaks for itself, there used to be 50-70 active players, now its around 5 - 20 Monlith is dead / dying, why don't we just like vote on doing an unban wave or just do an unban wave, what the worst that could happen give the bad guys a second chance

Backflare

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Unban wave's don't work it has been tried and most of the people who get unbanned and come back end up re-banned within a month.

Hyper360

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Unban wave's don't work it has been tried and most of the people who get unbanned and come back end up re-banned within a month.
bro just wants the server to die even more

fedayeenwinners

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

bro just wants the server to die even more
probably the worst thing it will do is it could possibly backfire and cause people to leave, since they will MRDM and shit like that, they have been banned for a reason you know? (although some of them were complete BS and SOME people deserve to be unbanned)

Hyper360

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

probably the worst thing it will do is it could possibly backfire and cause people to leave, since they will MRDM and shit like that, they have been banned for a reason you know? (although some of them were complete BS and SOME people deserve to be unbanned)
Do you even know what an unban wave is? they unban everyone but, those that cheat and those harsh punishments like doxx and stuff like that. people mass all the time whats the difference going to be?

EmmieRose

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

its ruins the fun of the gameplay nobody wants to be mass rdm over and over, they gave people chances and people break em

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

An unban wave is the dumbest idea you minges have come up with yet. All you want is your toxic friends to come back and mass rdm while screensharing in Discord to y'all. You think everyone is going to be all nice to each other just because they were given a second chance in an unban wave? No other games/servers that I know of have done this before, for the sole reason that it's just idiotic (and as explained by Backflare, didn't work the time they did try it).

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

^^Agreeing with this^^​
^^And this^^​

I understand the intention of doing an unban wave, for player count right?
Well here's the thing; as mentioned above it's a good way to lose the player base we have now, what's left of it. There are people here now that find the server boring asf a lot of the time but still play. Something like this could be an easy way to just push those players over the edge and say "fuck it, I'm leaving" and likely not come back.

IF we did an unban wave, I would suggest it only be for certain things AND if we can get the server back up to a... more sustainable player base.
I haven't been on monolith terribly long, but I think with the right things happening there is more than enough hope for the server to be pushing 128 again, it'll take time, a good bit of time, but we have a pretty awesome staff team (especially upper management) that can make things happen.

Perhaps going through the bans that aren't alts, 3rd party software, doxing, or attempting to crash/DDoS the server and re-evaluating some of the other long-term/permanent bans. You know, not the super crazy bad bans, even though alts don't particularly hurt the server, it's just what people typically do on the alts, including the fact that it's attempting to circumvent a ban.
And if we did do it, doing it slowly might possibly be best, perhaps let's say there's 1,000 banned players for example purposes, maybe on week 1 unban 100 accounts, week 2 unban 100 accounts, week 3,4,5, etc. as to avoid a mass influx of players that are statistically more likely to do stupid shit. (only for eligible accounts like what I mentioned above)

Overall, I completely disagree with an unban wave, I'm just giving my thoughts and opinions for IF we were to do one, how we could possibly avoid some of the negative results.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1662099864177.png
Its literally struggling to stay at over 30ppl, with that spike in the middle likely being the update released in Aug.
The French server is also closely behind, still performing a little better.

It's depressing, playing on a server with 30ppl is empty af, none of the classic mono chaos we are all used to back when it actually would stay above 60ppl in the day and 30ppl in the evening.

but we have a pretty awesome staff team (especially upper management) that can make things happen.
Doubt... "things" should've happened during the downward trend, months ago.

Telling staff the server is dying is like the UN accusing China of Human Rights Violations, they gonna deny it.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

, but I think with the right things happening there is more than enough hope for the server to be pushing 128 again, it'll take time, a good bit of time, but we have a pretty awesome staff team (especially upper management)​
As much as this would be nice to believe, I don’t think it’s gonna happen, for years now mono goes through a period where the pop drops for a month or 2 but it’s never been this bad and I’m not sure how it could recover, it’s not just about bringing players back, you now have to bring people away from other gmod servers like perp. Tho overall unban wave wouldn’t work and didn’t in the past. Also it hasn’t been consistently pushing 128 since like 2020 when monoford came out, and that was pretty short lived.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

An unban wave will not happen, at least in the near future.

On a completely unrelated note, I would keep an eye on discord today :eyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.