LV

Your Steam Name: Joey.
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119058014
Your Character Name: Joey Jamalkins

Which Staff blacklisted you: @SpacedSloth
What were you blacklisted from: Vehicles

Blacklist Length: 24 Hours
Blacklist Reason: Fail Driving
Unblacklist Reason: The main reason I feel I should not have this blacklist is due to the fact that this is my first offense in my 4+? years of playing on the server. On top of that, I really don't feel I did anything wrong. The primary situation in which I was given the blacklist was when I had two popped tires, in which you saw how they were popped, and simply wanted to get to the mechanic shop with the assistance of the others around me. Then my car was later despawned with no prior warning. On top of that, you claimed I was already fail driving beforehand which truly led to the blacklist. I was not warned of this, even though you claimed we were reported for doing so. I also believe that the report you received by who you said was a police officer was not of me, as there was another taxi driver at the time that was fail driving, unrelated to me and my friends, who was being chased by the police. I have video of me driving past him as he crashed and ran away on foot.

Overall, I feel that not getting any real warning to begin with and then getting a straight-up vehicle blacklist for "fail driving" upon my first offense was really invalid. Any sort of fail driving that you may have seen from me was most likely from how difficult it is to drive on the server, as you would understand, as well as how bad the taxi can spin out at times. I have also seen you remove blacklists from people with much worse on them than me, such as someone Mass VDMing a couple of days ago.

Time of Occurrence: 4 PM EST? I think
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Vexiyy
Read, understood and followed blacklist appeal rules?: Yes

SpacedSloth

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The reason for the blacklist was due to the consistent fail driving by yourself and three others (Vexiyy, Flatline.exe, nachomaster16). Since at the time nachomaster16 had stopped after being demoted from taxi he managed to avoid the punishment you all received by not continuing the behavior as far as the rest of you did. The three of you received the 1 day because all of you (previously including nacho) worked together to clog, congeal and congest the roadways any way possible and between the four of you with tow trucks, taxis, and allegedly fire trucks but I have no proof of that last one and only witnessed the former two so that wasn't factored in. When stopped from doing one, you all as a group would move to the other. Blacklisting you all individually from tow truck would just mean you would do it on taxi, the issue is the collective group behavior not the job, the only way to make sure you all learned from this was to blacklist you from driving... because it sucks. It's extremely inconvenient and annoying, similar to the annoyance one would feel sitting at the respawn screen because they got carpinched by a fail driving taxi, or waiting for their car to despawn because it got exploded by one. It's the hope of staff that the annoyance of this stops the repeat behavior.

As for the why? You got punished seemingly collectively because you legitimately acted collectively. Your intentions and sharing the same actions as your friends are what set you to receive the same punishment as them, regardless if your record is recently clean. You knowingly went out and caused seemingly as many traffic violations as you could while on the job. From driving on the wrong side of the road, fleeing from police, slamming into cars head first, and one or two of the four of you even helped the others escape from police. If you can boast your record being clean for so long then you should know the rules pretty well, and really should've behaved better and encouraged your friends to do the same rather than tag along in the antics, or attempt to use your record in this appeal as punishment shield. As for you referencing someone appealing their mass VDM blacklist... It was for 3 days, he already served 1 at that point, he was seemingly a brand new player to the server with quite literally a blank slate, and the VDM wasn't 'intentional', which is what stopped it from being a ban and made it a blacklist, given the fact he had a clean slate, had barely any time on the server to know the rules and took the time to make an appeal... those factors together granted him leniency, you do not share those factors.

Appeal Denied

After lengthy private discussions with you showcasing a video that presented your lack of control over the situation, not touching your accelerator and actively trying to avoid getting into traffic conflict rather than cause it. With that working against the only instance of video proof against you. Along with the lack of any further logs that were not explained away from what you stated in DMs, or any form of other proof against you, along with you admitting to the only other issue being an instance of failrp as Taxi for the PD antics. Your clean record is more than sufficient to justify not receiving a blacklist. It's my job to review evidence and admit when I'm wrong, then to do the right thing. You do not deserve a BL for this offense given the above, you will not receive warning points for the fail RP and your punishment will be the time you already served on the blacklist you should not have been issued.

As I stated in our messages I state a version publicly here: If you have video against the proof presented/described to you, use the video, it was solid proof that could've saved you paragraphs and 1-2 hours of unnecessarily trying to explain yourself.

Appeal Accepted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.