Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: drew
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23894491
Your Character Name: Steve Hongle

Target Steam Name: @reqord
Target SteamID: STEAM_1:1:68223968
Target Character Name (if known): Venero Bendetti

Request Reason: Cop baiting - I tell him he's not under arrest, I tell him why I pulled him over and that I just need him to step out to continue the traffic stop. He then radios to his friends "Im under arrest" (Even though I've told him in voice AND text chat he's NOT under arrest) and his buddies come and kill me.
When did the situation occur?: Around 7:52 PM PST on 8/16/2020
Your evidence to support your claim: https://streamable.com/q2m60e

Note: In a player report I just posted, this exact same scenario happened happened an hour earlier when I pull over Venero's car for a traffic violation, and then someone in his org comes up and tries to kill me. https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/rdmd-during-traffic-stop.28179/ (The player I reported in the other player report is a part of the Bendetti Family Org. I have further video evidence that confirms this if needed)

Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: Yes

Last edited:

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey @Whathe12 ,

Your Player Report is Under-Review.

Note: Please be patient whilst I review your evidence and statements of this situation. It can take some time for a verdict to be published.

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I had a AK-47 on my back at the moment being we were dealing with hostage situations. I had no other choice but to call backup over radio and deal with the problem instead of going to jail.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12627

I was involved in this situation as I killed you since he called out help on radio. Just because you say he isn't under arrest doesn't mean you are impervious to being shot, you asked him clearly "Please step out of the vehicle." @reqord currently had a class 3 on his back behind the tinted window and if he got out you would either have shot him or arrested him. He did not have the class 3 on for no reason, we had just finished dealing with a hostage situation gone wrong, and he was going to pick one of our friends up from gunstore. @Ice was also present and you can hear him saying don't get out, because he knows reqord had a class 3 on his back. You cannot see he had a weapon equipped in this video, but he had an AK-47 eqipped inside the car and @Ice can attest to this claim , you were not shot for no reason. Reqord feared being arrested as he had illegal items on him and you were going to force him into a position were he would be vulnerable to being arrested, therefore you were killed in response by us.

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

- I advise you to read everything below:

In Regards to the Player Report above,

CC:
@Whathe12 @reqord

After review of the video evidence provided alongside a statement from the reporting party in-line with server rules, I have come to a decision. The reported individual clearly shows they have an illegal item on their person as shown in the video (near the end of the clip) which would give them a reason to refuse to get out of the vehicle as they are in possession of illegal contraband/items which can be visibly seen if they were to step out of the vehicle. I can agree that the situation which entailed doesn't seem proper and the reported party could have fled the scene as they are aware of this instead of resulting in killing other players ending any form of roleplay to pursue out of this.

Player Versus Player Rules
  • 2.2.4 - Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.
  • 2.2.8 - You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.
  • 2.2.12 - Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
Following the rules listed above, 2.2.4 - This situation wouldn't have happened if the reported party had left the scene (they don't have reason to combat you) and avoided killing at the first resort, you and your party could have avoided this whole situation and wouldn't have a need to kill law enforcement. 2.2.8 - As you were asked to step out of the vehicle and refused, another party (org related) showed up causing damage via their vehicle, law enforcement opened fire then all parties started to shoot each other which could have been avoided (it's fine as it's in line with the rule).

Long story short, this wouldn't have happened if the reported party didn't stay on the scene despite knowing they had illegal contraband which Law Enforcement wasn't aware of until the last moment of the combat situation. In theory, you can deem this a rule violation but due to the complexity of the situation and all other fragments, I'm going to upstand with rule number 2.2.8 and therefore I'm not issuing any punishment.

Note: Despite the situation, the reported party had no need to stay on the scene is aware of the weapon, he was no threat to law enforcement so they couldn't combat with their weapons nor did they have them deployed or demanded him to get out. The first resort is never the best option, in future, I will issue the rule covering 2.2.4 as this can be avoided or roleplay enhanced from this.

Report Denied,
Thread Locked,
Thread Moved to Handled Player Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.