Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravioli Boyardie

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Mannn, this has been my favorite server for years. I've played on this server for many YEARS. It has never ever been below 80-100 players on Saturday nights. Now it's at 50-60, but other Gmod servers are still maxing out players. Why?

Well, a couple things have changed...

1. Death timer increased to FOUR MINUTES.

combined with

2. CONSTANT RDM, like literally people going on killing rampages. I can be an EMS and just get murdered by secret service or police. No one cares.

finally

3. Admins NEVER answer reports. RDM is basically just completely legal. I remember before, if I even talked about rdm'ing someone I was whipped up into an admin sit. Now, I can go down to the bank and commit mass genocide, and no one has any idea, and no one cares. it's terrible. Rules are not enforced, admins/mods are lazy, so its basically Premium people who can afford big guns are mowing down police and anyone else and no one gives a shit.

This server used to be fun because people followed rules and you were actually able to roleplay. Now if anyone doesn't like you for any reason they can murder you and send you to a 4 minute timer. I don't know why admins thought this was a good idea, but the death timer needs to be drastically reduced, rules need to be enforced, and rdming needs to be halted. Please save this server, because it's already dying. Stop it before it's too late :(

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Mannn, this has been my favorite server for years. I've played on this server for many YEARS. It has never ever been below 80-100 players on Saturday nights. Now it's at 50-60, but other Gmod servers are still maxing out players. Why?

Well, a couple things have changed...

1. Death timer increased to FOUR MINUTES.

combined with

2. CONSTANT RDM, like literally people going on killing rampages. I can be an EMS and just get murdered by secret service or police. No one cares.

finally

3. Admins NEVER answer reports. RDM is basically just completely legal. I remember before, if I even talked about rdm'ing someone I was whipped up into an admin sit. Now, I can go down to the bank and commit mass genocide, and no one has any idea, and no one cares. it's terrible. Rules are not enforced, admins/mods are lazy, so its basically Premium people who can afford big guns are mowing down police and anyone else and no one gives a shit.

This server used to be fun because people followed rules and you were actually able to roleplay. Now if anyone doesn't like you for any reason they can murder you and send you to a 4 minute timer. I don't know why admins thought this was a good idea, but the death timer needs to be drastically reduced, rules need to be enforced, and rdming needs to be halted. Please save this server, because it's already dying. Stop it before it's too late :(
I completely agree with the rdm part between 2018-2019 if you even attempted a rule break a staff would just demolish you in seconds right now it's far too lenient. I was in a situation recently wont mention the name of the admin because I promised not to report him as he finally changes his verdict, He let someone off even tho he has been in trouble with staff before and frequently does things to loophole or just straight up troll but every staff has let him off with a verbal.

Staff need to start whipping bigger punishments for these players. I'm not saying that there isnt any punishments but I feel if someone is deleting items during a situation and blantnalty rdms with evidence and it's not their first rodeo. Why are they here?

DK.

Server Director
Server Director
Event Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The staff can never win, personally I think the punishments should be far more severe. Blatant RDM imo should result in a ban. Once they try to make the punishments more severe everyone will bitch and moan because if we are honest more then half the players who are on the servers daily break rules. Once their are no staff on, I usually log off because it turns into a complete shit show. I would also like to add, the staff role is completely voluntary. They were players before they became staff so unless their is massRDM going on, they should be allowed to play the server as any of us would. I just make forum reports now because the punishments are far more severe and I can do them before I get off. I’ve never had a time where staff wouldn’t give me info so I could make the report, such as their steam ID and character name.

Credence

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

stricter punishments would just kill the server.

Nub

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Staff don’t give a duck about the server they get on and go on staff on duty and then they go afk for 3 hours

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Even the forum reporting doesn't get you anywhere... Look how many reports are sitting in the player report queue. They do absolutely nothing in game, frequently wait until the person is offline so you HAVE to take it to the forums, and then do absolutely nothing on the forums either.

They allow Mass RDM, cops to do whatever they want, and find ways to punish people they like for no reason.

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Even the forum reporting doesn't get you anywhere... Look how many reports are sitting in the player report queue. They do absolutely nothing in game, frequently wait until the person is offline so you HAVE to take it to the forums, and then do absolutely nothing on the forums either.

They allow Mass RDM, cops to do whatever they want, and find ways to punish people they like for no reason.
Not true at all. Reports are extremely time consuming; Some reports can take us up to 1 hour to conclude so we get everything right, and so we don't have people making staff reports on us for not handling something correctly. I feel like you guys are really just trying to push a narrative that makes us look like we are totally useless and don't do anything, when we spend 90% of the time on the server just administrating. It may be a problem with the quantity of staff members, and if that is the case and you would like to help, feel free to apply for a position and see how frustrating our volunteering can be at some points, instead of slandering our actions and activeness.

Reactions: DK.

Berry Gunderson

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I mean the server has a natural ebb and flow of player count. One month it will be high and one month it will be low. Also the staff on here don't operate like normal darkrp admins they can really only use logs and video/photo evidence to remove any bias, because of this, reports just take longer. I do agree that sits take far too long but I also don't want to be an admin so I cant really complain. If you think sits take too long then you should sign up for moderator and start taking sits. What we really need is just more moderators online at once. Also the report page filling up has been a problem because it looks like most admins don't look at the reports until the weekends. Maybe having dedicated forum moderators would help.

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Not true at all. Reports are extremely time consuming; Some reports can take us up to 1 hour to conclude so we get everything right, and so we don't have people making staff reports on us for not handling something correctly. I feel like you guys are really just trying to push a narrative that makes us look like we are totally useless and don't do anything, when we spend 90% of the time on the server just administrating. It may be a problem with the quantity of staff members, and if that is the case and you would like to help, feel free to apply for a position and see how frustrating our volunteering can be at some points, instead of slandering our actions and activeness.

If it's just me saying this stuff, maybe that's a me problem. However, that is not the case here at all. MANY people are realizing this. All the time on the server people are complaining their tickets haven't been answered after HOURS of waiting. Not 1 hour, multiple hours. By the time the report is taken the offender is offline, so you have to make a forum report. At that point, sometimes it's not even worth the effort because like I said, look at the player report queue. Reports can sit there for weeks....

I won't apply for staff because I know I won't get it. If I were staff, I believe I could handle things a lot better though

Status
Not open for further replies.