Not open for further replies.

JC Denton

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Rooflex
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50854669
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Mason Coates

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name)
@wr1ght

Reason for Report: Ableism/selective administration.
Time of Occurrence:
Evidence to support your claim: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/ban-appeal.19118/#post-11
Look, I was going to move on but you're choosing to be capricious and blow off a disability I have alluded to in past reports and I can't control when I have episodes. I can't remember a word of what I said to you or any of the situation and you're overblowing it. Both of the members involved can attest to you immediately banning me ONLY after I said "Insecure authority figures should not be allowed in positions of authority." without me targeting anyone in particular. The dismissal of a readily apparent mental illness reflects poorly on your character on levels beyond Garry's Mod. Both of the members I tagged are my close real life friends and can attest to it. You left me off with a warning and didn't choose to interrupt me when I was rambling incoherently to the guy following me just so I could blow off steam. You're aggrandizing this situation because you have a vendetta and it is so, so obvious. I don't have anything against you and I said the things I did not out of genuine spite, but because I'm neurotic and I wanted to blow off steam. Read up on schizophrenia and the effects of psychotic episodes and maybe you'll get a clue. I don't expect recourse or to be unbanned (bet you're going to say something like "Yes, I'm not unbanning you and this is closed. End of discussion.") but this feels petty at best. I feel like you were explicitly targeting me out of spite because I talked back to you at the bank. If you want an apology, I'm sorry. But come on.
Additional members involved/witnessing:
@fentropy
@Cranberry
Ben Walker

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Under review, if any of the involved parties have anything further to add, you have a short while to do so before I pass my verdict.

Code Monkey

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

That was me that OOC blacklisted you not Wr1ght. No more to say other than you deserved a break from OOC for insulting staff.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Reason for Report: Ableism/selective administration.
a disability I have alluded to in past reports and I can't control when I have episodes.
Alright, let's address you schizophrenia and the quote, un-quote "ableism".
While unfortunate, and something I wish you the best of luck with, having a mental disability of any kind, does not excuse anyone from rule-breaks. While I understand that some behaviour can't be controlled, we still won't tolerate abusive language or behaviour, neither towards staff nor players.
Furthermore we have nothing to substantiate the claims that your acts were outside of your own control. Now, I'm not saying that you are lying about it, but I will say this: Look at it from our perspective. You have no idea how many times people have tried to excuse rulebreaks or awful behaviour with the strangest and most outrages excuses.
We're talking from the classic "my brother did it" to "it was lag" and "i have X decease" all the way to "Russia hacked my pc".
The point being, we can't really accept those kinds of explanations as valid defense since we simply can't trust whether the claims are spurious or not.
Again, I'm not saying that you yourself is lying about it, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning here.

Regarding the abuse report itself. You were banned for verbally abusing/harassing a member of the staff team, which for obvious reasons is a legit ban. So that's not staff abuse.
There has been presented no evidence of any wrong doing on the part of the staff member. A rule was broken and he acted.
You and your friends claim that you did not do this, or at least that the staff members claims of disrespect are greatly exaggerated. However you have presented no evidence to back up this statement.
On the other hand, your quite extensive history of bans and warnings regarding much of the same, leads me to believe that you insulting others again, is highly plausible.

Summa Summarum:
I do not see any abuse, neglect or rulebreaks on the part of @wr1ght and this report is hereby declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.