Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Xcorpio
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29298227
Your Character Name: Jack Lee

Ban Length: 1 week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): Aaron

Ban Reason: Inappropiate comments about players and members of staff
Time of Occurrence: 9/24/2017 at around 1:00 Am (GMT +1)
Relevant Evidence:
Additional members involved/witnessing:

I did not really tried to be rude or disrespect anyone, not even the staff. I was just maybe too "excited" in the /ooc chat. I am sorry and I appologize if I offended anybody (don´t have even to say that this won´t happen again). The reason I used the word "THICC" or the sentence "lemme smash" is because how it´s used in a meme way, of course NOT in an offensive way. I did not at any moment try to disrespect, disturb or incommode anyone in the server. I´m truly sorry.

Of course I am not asking for an unban, since I must carry on with the punishment the breaking of this server rule means, but atleast, I would appretiate if I could have a ban lenght reduction.

Here is an example of what I´m talking about.
Uc2xprT.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

d01dc8dc15.jpg

I think that it's important that at some point in your life you wonder if you should begin to think before you speak. This message in OOC is extremely offensive to both a player on the server, and a member of staff. It's an example of sexual harassment and immaturity. Unfortunately you became an example to the server, and hopefully people will begin to understand at what point a joke becomes an inappropriate insult.

Personally I believe you need time to grow up. I'll give you a chance to respond to the picture above and make another statement in your defense.

☤ Xcorpio ☤

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

d01dc8dc15.jpg

I think that it's important that at some point in your life you wonder if you should begin to think before you speak. This message in OOC is extremely offensive to both a player on the server, and a member of staff. It's an example of sexual harassment and immaturity. Unfortunately you became an example to the server, and hopefully people will begin to understand at what point a joke becomes an inappropriate insult.

Personally I believe you need time to grow up. I'll give you a chance to respond to the picture above and make another statement in your defense.

Okay, first, before replying to this post I want to make clear a few things. Of course, keep in mind this is an oppinion and a point of view and will not try to discuss any of the consequences this ban had, since you are the administrator and you put the rules here, wich have to be followed and respected at all times and I won´t discuss it:

1. I personally agree with the your statement saying that we should think before we talk, since it is important to not reach a red line between a joke and a disrespectful way of talking, but if I ever knew this would cause so much commotion and offense to some of the players of the server I would have not said that. If someone was offended, he/she should have said it to me, since of course, my intention was not to offend anyone but just to make a joke (a very childish joke, but a joke anyways) and I would have never repeated any kind of such behaviour on /ooc. A warning would have been more than enough and even more constructive, since I would have understood and comprehend the situation better if any of the offended players contacted me and told me to stop for "X" reason because they felt offended or uncomfortable with that.

2. It personally bugs me that the fact you repeat one time and another that I need to "grow up" since what grown people also do is not to judge anyone by the way he talks or thinks, but for the way he acts. Grown people also talk before they act: as I said before, a simple warning would have been enough to clarify me why I should not be saying that kind of thing in /ooc chat, for the simple reason that, if I ever knew it would offend a minimum part of the server, even if it was a single player, I would have stopped that behaviour inmediatly (since /ooc is a free chat in wich everyone can say what he wants, in a way in wich it does not result offensive for anyone). A 1 week ban just looks excessive to me and even tho, I appologize and will go on with my punishment, I personally think you should not judge me and tell me to grow up just because what I said in a chat in a videogame.

I repeat: this is an oppinion and point of view. Every constructive criticism in how I should play in this server/in general is very much welcome and I appretiate it, but I think I needed to post this. Things should be talked at time and everyone can get the best of the experience in roleplay by mutual respect. About the image above, I already clarified that it wasn´t a comment made to offend or sexualize anyone but just to make a innocent and childish joke. If anyone got offended, I appologize to him, but I personally think this has been an excessive punishment for what I´ve done.

Anyways, thanks for everything. I hope I can soon appologize to the people who has been affected by all this.

Last edited:

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Unfortunately it appears you completely missed the point. No one should have to ask you to stop making inappropriate comments about them. You shouldn't be saying them in the first place. Because you've clearly failed to understand this, I'm inclined to leave this ban in place.

Denied.