Not open for further replies.

Twitch.tv/realComplex34

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Twitch RealComplex34
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96914517
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Bradly Lester

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @wr1ght @friskiemar

I and some friends were robbing the bank, we got a hostage and started negations with the Captain of the PD. We stated that two of us would leave the bank while one of us stayed with the hostage, then we could have a free passage without being followed once we collected the money from all the vaults. Donut Time and I left the bank and @wr1ght decided to go against the Captain's orders and took a shot because apparently, he had a “clear shot” of the hostage taker inside the vault. However the hostage told me he had video evidence of the event and he never moved, meaning if he had a “clear shot” on the hostage taker, then the shot was compromised. The shot should’ve never been taken as the life of the hostage then became out of our control. @wr1ght still decided to shoot the hostage then proceeded to blame it on the fact the hostage moved, but when you see the video you can clearly see the hostage never moved. So in our view, this is complete bull and we should be given the money that was in the bags as if the SWAT did value life. We would’ve got to the drop off point 100% as we had the hostage held-up in the bank and nothing should have happened to us.

PS: another violation of F.T.V.L is when the Captain of the PD was shot by a random member of SWAT possibly @wr1ght as it was a sniper shot that hit him.

After the event, we made a report and @friskiemar claimed it, from the very beginning it felt like he was on @wr1ght side for not letting us show our video evidence until he brought the Captain and he vouched for us and said that he demanded “the swat to leave” but they never did. this is an example of F.T.V.L. then proceeded to say the situation was a big misunderstanding which in my opinion isn’t, due to the evidence I'm going to show you. In our Opinion This situation was voided to save the moderator from any punishment.

Time of Occurrence: 19:22 BST 14:22 EST
Evidence to support your claim:
(full video)
(hostage getting shot)
(Captain getting shot)
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Chocolate Milky @g0hst @Spuppi

wright

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Twitch RealComplex34 ,

As we explained in your sit that you called, this was all a misunderstanding / accident. As we (SWAT) were grouped up in the bank, I informed the lieutenant that I had a clear shot to the person who was holding the hostage at gunpoint and he authorized me to take the shot (as he stated in the sit). As I shot, the hostage taker moved at the last second and unfortunately the hostage was shot in the head. The video that you are referring to shows the hostage's perspective, this does not show the person behind him.

From my perspective, as I'm looking through the sniper scope, I had a clear shot to the hostage taker's head and as I said at the last moment (right as I clicked to shoot) he had moved positions and the wrong person was hit. This was simply an accident and was determined as collateral damage in-character. I did not intentionally shoot the hostage and as seen from his perspective (the video that you've posted, specifically timestamp 0:30,
), you can see me attempting to line up a correct shot, moving my arms upwards, lining my shot up with the person behind the hostage, and taking the shot. It's just from the hostage's eyes, he's unable to see the person behind him move at the last minute. Which is why in my opinion, this video isn't applicable to the situation because it doesn't show the core events that are happening behind him.

Additionally, as I'm trying to explain to you what happened in the sit and make some sense of it, you kept talking over to me and kept saying you're just going to go to the forums. If you would of allowed me to explain, it would of made sense to you. Personally I don't feel I'm in the wrong here, this isn't like other events on the server where police just rush in and kill everyone with no remorse. This is a clear accidental mistake.

EDIT: As an addendum, the hostage was your friend / crew member. Additionally, our radios were not on. We had authorization from the lieutenant and quickly acted on it. This could of easily been handled IC as-well by speaking to the Sheriff. The captain did not speak to us and said at last moment.

Last edited:

Spuppi

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Re-cite the video the PD Captain has been telling the Swat and Everyone else to clear the building, If you had your radio during a situation most players do, then maybe this situation could have been avoided and we would have had a proper RP experience.

wright

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

If you'd refer the diagram above, when I shot my sniper rifle I was aiming at you. It was a clear shot on the scope but the bullet did not hit you, it hit the hostage. I cannot control Garry's Mod physics and the way projectiles shoot. It does not make sense to keep a radio on if people are going to constantly scream to the point where you cannot hear the people around you.

Twitch.tv/realComplex34

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

ok so maybe, maybe the shot was taken and some miracle happens where the hostage take a bullet but even though your radios are off the Capt is shouting in an area where you could easily hear him, do not take the shot they still have a gun to him and in the sit he said you were out of line and the Luitenent (sorry not great at spelling) even said that if you don't know for sure don't take the shot so there are many reasons why the shot should never have happened in the first place whether the hostage was a mistake or not the shot should not have been taken. that is the last I'm going to say before someone who isn't on a side responds to this thread

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

After looking at this report and reviewing the videos I do not see how wright acted in poor faith in this RP situation, nor do I see where this should negatively impact his staff credibility.

This does not look like an intentional, or malicious act, and it does not look like wright did this purely to kill the hostage and violate the rules. While I do not have anything from wright's perspective unfortunately, I do see in the video how he attempts to line his shot up. If it's the case that the hostile was not in the way of the hostage, and there was a clear shot to kill the hostage taker without harming anyone else, I do not see why we should not allow this.

It would make sense, at least, in my eyes. Unfortunately this RP situation did not play nor pan out correctly. My only advice for @wr1ght is to be more cautious in these RP situations and maybe hold off on opening fire unless he's 200% certain.

This has been handled, and I do not deem there needing any further action outside of a reminder for the future.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.