KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The Sheriff deputies working for a city chief needs to be fixed. 99% of cases, the Sheriff is the HIGHEST authority of the county and they should be respected.
- I recommend making the entire map 1 county so that the Sheriffs can become a seperate force with higher authority.
- But if it is to remain 2 counties, We should have the same old Monoford City PD, which has jurisdiction everywhere as usual.
- But then we need the Sheriff's Office, with 2 counties, i recommend Pine County/Monoford county be basicly the same office.
- With a Sheriff than runs this seperate department with Pine County and Monoford County Sheriff deputies patrolling where they wish.
- Of course there may be a rule like usual that pine county should focus more there.
- Since the 2 counties are on this map, the Sheriff himself should be able to choose to appear as either Pine or Monoford County.
- The Sheriff would run Pine/Monoford county with ranks and demote the crooked officers.
- The Sheriff's patrol should have the power to pull over any city pd that is breaking the law.
- Sheriff's patrol should use good judgement when pulling over a city pd, and not interfere with a city officer's response to a crime.
- The Sheriff's patrol and the City PD should work together all and all and stop the CRIMINALSSS.
- The Sheriff's patrol should be more armed than a regular city cop.
- There should be a detective position or 2 for the Sheriff's patrol as well.
- The Sheriff himself has to be voted in for Sheriff, but i think he needs more lives or something than the mayor.

Cops seem underpowered.
- I feel all officers should at least spawn with the weakest pistol.
- I think that officers should be able to see the speed of a vehicle above it so that officers can better focus on traffic stops.

To spice things up even further
- Add a couple of State trooper positions for players.
- State troopers should be strict heavily armed units with the authority to pull over Sheriffs and City PD
- Only the best officers should access state trooper
- The admins can be Marshals/Military

TwewT

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

- State troopers should be strict heavily armed units with the authority to pull over Sheriffs and City PD
The hell are you smoking. They already do that bullshit regardless.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Most of the duties you wish to attribute to the Sheriff are basically already the jobs of the police chief.

Just to point out a few other things though -
Detectives are not inherently part of either department, so I don't see the value in adding an additional job for it
There's a reason pistols aren't 1) free 2) Restricted to ranks above police tow
There's already a radar gun, no need to randomly add speeds above cars
I can't see state trooper ever not being a staff job. The role of "Strict, heavily armed units" already falls upon SWAT and the job of keeping PD in line is already Chief.

Aside from that, I imagine the devs are leaning more towards removing the sheriff department than expanding it, but if they do decide to keep it around I wouldn't mind seeing it get a bit more love.

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Its going to take someone with higher IQs than you guys to understand this possibly lol. Though my english is not the best. I feel the comments here are posted with only an attitude against these ideas, instead of looking into these ideas and maybe coming up with more to make the server more interesting.

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Most of the duties you wish to attribute to the Sheriff are basically already the jobs of the police chief.

Just to point out a few other things though -
Detectives are not inherently part of either department, so I don't see the value in adding an additional job for it
There's a reason pistols aren't 1) free 2) Restricted to ranks above police tow
There's already a radar gun, no need to randomly add speeds above cars
I can't see state trooper ever not being a staff job. The role of "Strict, heavily armed units" already falls upon SWAT and the job of keeping PD in line is already Chief.

Aside from that, I imagine the devs are leaning more towards removing the sheriff department than expanding it, but if they do decide to keep it around I wouldn't mind seeing it get a bit more love.
I'm responding to your post from top to bottom.
- The point of adding the Sheriff is to have a police department under a separate rule that would include higher police levels to become, and a voted in Sheriff.
- Detectives are a part of the one and only Monoford City PD in which they can be demoted by the Chief, not sure why you noted that.
- I'm not saying make pistol free, i'm saying that many ranks should spawn with at least the weakest pistol.
- I know there is a radar gun, but im not about to stand there on foot and use it, cop cars should automaticly have this feature, perhaps a toggle switch.
- State troopers could easily be added as a white list job for players, and realisticly state troopers are heavily armed dude to their huge area of patrol, this has nothing to do with the city SWAT.
- There should be 1 Sheriff department, and since this map is 2 counties, recommend Pine/Monoford County mixed department together OR make the map 1 county.

Broken

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

State troopers could easily be added as a white list job for players, and realisticly state troopers are heavily armed dude to their huge area of patrol, this has nothing to do with the city SWAT.
I don't know what State Troopers you've seen, but State Troopers in the US are literally just cops that work for the state instead of a county or a city. Equipment wise they are effectively no different than any other cop, they just have a much larger jurisdictional area. You are literally think of SWAT when you say "heavily armed dudes".

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

- I know there is a radar gun, but im not about to stand there on foot and use it, cop cars should automaticly have this feature, perhaps a toggle switch.
Now im not an expert on police technology but I don't think that's a thing. Not wanting to actually do the RP doesn't mean the option isn't already present.
- Detectives are a part of the one and only Monoford City PD in which they can be demoted by the Chief, not sure why you noted that.
What functional difference do you propose between current detective and this hypothetical "pine county detective" job?
- I'm not saying make pistol free, i'm saying that many ranks should spawn with at least the weakest pistol.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say all ranks should spawn with a pistol without it being free. Do you propose it just be automatically taken from the budget?
State troopers could easily be added as a white list job for players, and realisticly state troopers are heavily armed dude to their huge area of patrol, this has nothing to do with the city SWAT.
The point I was making is that the job is staff only for a reason, and it's very unlikely that would be changed especially for the complete lack of benefit it would give.

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

- There should be 1 Sheriff department, and since this map is 2 counties, recommend Pine/Monoford County mixed department together OR make the map 1 county.
Is jurisdiction of Pine County deputies codified somewhere in the rules? As far as I can tell, searching "pine county" in the Monolith Rules thread, or in the PD handbooks, don't come back with any hits.

I think the problem is is that in game, Pine County Deputies effectively operate as a completely separate branch of the PD, but are still under the command chain of the Monoford PD. The jurisdiction thing is what I THINK this guy is is trying to get at - that being an upper level sheriff that only operates within Pine County.
From personal experience I've definitely had times where other Pine County Deputies have gone rogue and reenacted Hobo with a Shotgun where the chain of command does NOT want anything to do with PC, and to be honest most of the time Pine County either requests permission to patrol the city OR they just come down anyway and shotgun cop everything.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

why should state troopers be added

also why should the sherriff be given a shitton more power? From what I remember Pine Country is being made smaller

Reactions: Tye

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Its kinda unreal how blind cop mains are here, you guys dont need more power, you need less lmfao. Please i beg you, play as civ and try to fight or even interact with cops.
Its going to take someone with higher IQs than you guys to understand this possibly lol.
Also lmfao

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This was actually a suggestion and it was accepted, so this will most likely be a feature. Link

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know what State Troopers you've seen, but State Troopers in the US are literally just cops that work for the state instead of a county or a city. Equipment wise they are effectively no different than any other cop, they just have a much larger jurisdictional area. You are literally think of SWAT when you say "heavily armed dudes".
I am not thinking of SWAT at all, im not even trying to say to arm them as if they are SWAT. Here is Alabama, state troopers are prepare with machine guns in the car, and pistols ready, with their vests, they are prepare for a dangerous encounter at any moment being a trooper. Im saying they should spawn with the armor and pistol, and should have a free option for a machine gun in the cars.

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Now im not an expert on police technology but I don't think that's a thing. Not wanting to actually do the RP doesn't mean the option isn't already present.

What functional difference do you propose between current detective and this hypothetical "pine county detective" job?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say all ranks should spawn with a pistol without it being free. Do you propose it just be automatically taken from the budget?

The point I was making is that the job is staff only for a reason, and it's very unlikely that would be changed especially for the complete lack of benefit it would give.
My main focus of this idea is to keep the City PD the same, and Create separately ruled department that can patrol all over the map just the same that is for higher ranking police players (SHERIFF's PATROL) the state trooper idea was just a bonus.

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Is jurisdiction of Pine County deputies codified somewhere in the rules? As far as I can tell, searching "pine county" in the Monolith Rules thread, or in the PD handbooks, don't come back with any hits.

I think the problem is is that in game, Pine County Deputies effectively operate as a completely separate branch of the PD, but are still under the command chain of the Monoford PD. The jurisdiction thing is what I THINK this guy is is trying to get at - that being an upper level sheriff that only operates within Pine County.
From personal experience I've definitely had times where other Pine County Deputies have gone rogue and reenacted Hobo with a Shotgun where the chain of command does NOT want anything to do with PC, and to be honest most of the time Pine County either requests permission to patrol the city OR they just come down anyway and shotgun cop everything.
I wanting City PD to remain the same, able to patrol and respond anywhere on the map. Then a separate department the Sheriff's patrol, that can also patrol everywhere on the map, with its own rankings.

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

why should state troopers be added

also why should the sherriff be given a shitton more power? From what I remember Pine Country is being made smaller
The point is to create a REAL Sheriff's patrol that patrols the entire map just the same as city PD, the state trooper was just a bonus idea, that is not my focus. If the entire map was just 1 county, it would be easier to explain this shit. Lets say that there is no Monoford County, and that the entire map is Pine County, with Monoford City being a city located within Pine County. In this instance you would have City PD just like normal, then Pine County SHeriff's Patrol, the Sheriffs patrol being the highest authority of the county.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The point is to create a REAL Sheriff's patrol that patrols the entire map just the same as city PD, the state trooper was just a bonus idea, that is not my focus. If the entire map was just 1 county, it would be easier to explain this shit. Lets say that there is no Monoford County, and that the entire map is Pine County, with Monoford City being a city located within Pine County. In this instance you would have City PD just like normal, then Pine County SHeriff's Patrol, the Sheriffs patrol being the highest authority of the county.
We don’t need more police

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

so... unnecessary coding for the sake of adding a new chain of command that would already make any competent supervisor blow their brains out faster than steward fried his own (joking ofc he's my g man), like fr. what does this even do other than cause headaches for the sake of realism on a county that's already portrayed as close as fucking gotham city is at the leve of crime and how easy it is to get guns and commit mass murder

Reactions: Tye

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Last edited:

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

so... unnecessary coding for the sake of adding a new chain of command that would already make any competent supervisor blow their brains out faster than steward fried his own (joking ofc he's my g man), like fr. what does this even do other than cause headaches for the sake of realism on a county that's already portrayed as close as fucking gotham city is at the leve of crime and how easy it is to get guns and commit mass murder
Sounds like the response of someone lazy