How would say your experience has been with this event?

Sp00py_Troller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I don't think its fair to be forced to drop $30k+ worth of ammo by the combines
EDIT: excuse me I meant like $80k+

Last edited:

Jogeir

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Started playing on this server a few days before this event came, and I have to say I cant wait for this fucking event to be over. All these fucking cops RDAing and RDMing me and everyone else. Also, there is almost nothing to do, especially when you are new and have nothing.

TwewT

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I'm gonna have to upgrade my Terrible vote to Unplayable. I was farming some crops in a very remote location next to the train tracks and somebody came up and handcuffed me. They weren't even illegal, they were pumpkins. I went ahead and took the 24 hour ban because fuck this event.

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It really was a cool event for the first day, and a change from the original game mode. But really it should of only been a 24 hour event. Because of how long it is, this event is gonna be remembered by me as not a very fun one...

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I definitely feel I could grow to enjoy the mode a lot, but I definitely feel like we should have given a bit more prep time for players and staff to fully understand the major changes before the switch, be that with just giving the rules/guide a couple days earlier or a video guide/example

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It sounds like a lot of the criticism is from the Combine overstepping the boundary between strict and just straight up unplayably abusive. I think given the fact that for most, this is an entirely new concept, there was going to be lots of people not playing CPs and Overwatch appropriately and would likely require a few weeks of this gamemode being established for everyone to play the roles correctly.

Otherwise, we could’ve compensated and made the laws much more loose, but it wouldn’t have been a proper HL2 RP.

Liam Wood

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

the half life 2 startup was pretty cool, then the CPs started power tripping. it became aids. arrested me then killed me because i was running. ended up losing 2 guns lol
Honestly anyone who actually enjoyed that I applaud.

thp314

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Due to the inherently abusive nature of playing combine, and the limited resources of staff, many infractions are going unhandled. Many people view being combine as a license to abuse whomever they want however they want.

ParSec

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Event is terrible, CPs running around arresting you for every single little shit or they will shoot you, they will also search you and take what they want. And there is not much to do. I wanted to play monolith not Half-Life 2 RP.

uiceheid

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Event is terrible, CPs running around arresting you for every single little shit or they will shoot you, they will also search you and take what they want. And there is not much to do. I wanted to play monolith not Half-Life 2 RP.
Lets really talk about it, @Thy the known mass rdmer just going around murdering half the server because he can, the exact reason why this event is so terrible literally its day 2 and ive witnessed two different mass rdms by this guy, the rp is so damn bad its unbearable to witness lmfao i honestly thank you thy for banning me for an hour LMFAOO go have a good easter yall <333

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Lets really talk about it, @Thy the known mass rdmer just going around murdering half the server because he can, the exact reason why this event is so terrible literally its day 2 and ive witnessed two different mass rdms by this guy, the rp is so damn bad its unbearable to witness lmfao i honestly thank you thy for banning me for an hour LMFAOO go have a good easter yall <333
309179.jpg

D

Deleted member 12627

Jackie you're such a troll lol, those people were crossfire.

D

Deleted member 12627

Nothing is forcing you to play, also if you don't want to get arrested just be as passive as possible and follow directions. CP are not cops.

ParSec

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Nothing is forcing you to play, also if you don't want to get arrested just be as passive as possible and follow directions. CP are not cops.
This is why me and my friends opted out of playing for now and we are waiting for the event to end, and also I have my right to express my opinion.

D

Deleted member 12627

This is why me and my friends opted out of playing for now and we are waiting for the event to end, and also I have my right to express my opinion.
I never said you didn't have a right to express your opinion, when did I say that exactly?

Gralex

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

First day was really great, I loved the rp and overall it was fun. However on second day as a civ I was getting searched every 2-3 minutes and knocked out every now and then for no reason. Today I got pretty damn annoyed, let too much out and ended up with 1 month ban. Will have to change my vote to terrible as it's just unplayable right now. Also my ban would probably never happen if not for that event.
tl;dr: was fun last year, this year i'm sick of it fuck that

TwewT

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So happy that it's over with.

Tim Cook

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

It was an amazing experience, all these Fortnite main sub-18 year old noobs thinking it was bad; Half Life 2 > city roleplay

Mak

Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Thought I would scoop in and give my opinion on this event!

When I first logged on I was really confused about Half Life 2 Roleplay, since this was my first time trying out this gamemode. When I finally loaded in I had kevlar and a lot of ammo on me. And the first thing that happened to me was that I got insta arrested. At this point I was so confused as to why I was brought in but later I found out how Half Life 2 works and runs. So after this incident, I learned a lot towards the combine side and the criminal side. There were some quite strict laws that I had to get used to, but after the laws and rules were under control I started to actually enjoy it. I mean we all had our ups and downs during this. But today and yesterday was actually really enjoyable, and it was pretty interesting roleplaying as combine and criminal since im pretty much used to Monolith basics etc.

If I would've rated my personal experience during this, it would be an 8/10. Good job on the ones that developed this!

Gentoromus

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

• Can't sugar coat it, that was bad. I'm not even 100% sure to as of why the switch was made but the actual gameplay was extremely frustrating.
  • Outside of rp it seemed like less time was given to sits leaving the combine to pretty much do what they wanted to.
  • There was no real incentive to become a resistance member other than fragrp which combine guns and numbers made short work of. The map initially was very confusing navigating finding npcs but I suppose that's the point living in an occupied area.
  • Another problem I had was finding the rules, kinda left me confused on when I was allowed to take action against cps.
  • The pros? The actual intent of the server. I could see it working out about as well as it was planned the problem was the planning.