Official Half-Life 2 Event Feedback

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

How would say your experience has been with this event?

• Excellent

• Good

• Satisfactory

• Bad

• Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mak

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Aug 7, 2019
Thought I would scoop in and give my opinion on this event!

When I first logged on I was really confused about Half Life 2 Roleplay, since this was my first time trying out this gamemode. When I finally loaded in I had kevlar and a lot of ammo on me. And the first thing that happened to me was that I got insta arrested. At this point I was so confused as to why I was brought in but later I found out how Half Life 2 works and runs. So after this incident, I learned a lot towards the combine side and the criminal side. There were some quite strict laws that I had to get used to, but after the laws and rules were under control I started to actually enjoy it. I mean we all had our ups and downs during this. But today and yesterday was actually really enjoyable, and it was pretty interesting roleplaying as combine and criminal since im pretty much used to Monolith basics etc.

If I would've rated my personal experience during this, it would be an 8/10. Good job on the ones that developed this!

Reactions: Brad and hawke

Gentoromus

Monolith Rookie
Dec 25, 2018
  • Can't sugar coat it, that was bad. I'm not even 100% sure to as of why the switch was made but the actual gameplay was extremely frustrating.
  • Outside of rp it seemed like less time was given to sits leaving the combine to pretty much do what they wanted to.
  • There was no real incentive to become a resistance member other than fragrp which combine guns and numbers made short work of. The map initially was very confusing navigating finding npcs but I suppose that's the point living in an occupied area.
  • Another problem I had was finding the rules, kinda left me confused on when I was allowed to take action against cps.
  • The pros? The actual intent of the server. I could see it working out about as well as it was planned the problem was the planning.

Reactions: Brad and TwewT

FreeSpy443

Monolith Grinder
May 22, 2018
I never said you didn't have a right to express your opinion, when did I say that exactly?
While I say it as well, saying "You don't have to play" or so and so when someone's giving an opinion, is a bit of a shutdown ngl, and some people can take that with hostility and whatnot, probably why they thought yous aid they didnt have that right

Problem was planning imo. The Combine were absolutely fucked that event and I'll admit I was part of the problem, going on powertrips and whatnot. The mentality for hl2rp isn't here imo, since a lot of us just wanna shoot shit. The only way I enjoyed the event was either raiding the nexus with the entire server, or being a cop and just grabbing people for minor reasons and beating them in an apartment block.

Honestly I felt there was a lacking aesthethic to it. What I mean by this is it didn't *feel* like hl2rp, but more like a reskin with a few rules added and a few guns added into the mix. I saw one zombie during the whole event, and that was infront of the hospital. One lone zombie. I'd have enjoyed more events over the 4 day periods letting admins go wild with the RP type events rather than TDM and shit.

dubsmaster

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Event Team
Mar 17, 2020
Loved the event. There were some times where I felt like there was nothing to do but something eventually came up. I don't know if it's because I love the half-life series already and have played the games and love the lore of the combine and everything about living in the half-life universe. So maybe that's why I loved it so much. I can see how most people don't know what the hell Half-life 2 RP is and didn't know what to do.

Reactions: hawke

hawke

Media Creator
Media Creator
Mar 28, 2017
Canada
While I say it as well, saying "You don't have to play" or so and so when someone's giving an opinion, is a bit of a shutdown ngl, and some people can take that with hostility and whatnot, probably why they thought yous aid they didnt have that right

Problem was planning imo. The Combine were absolutely fucked that event and I'll admit I was part of the problem, going on powertrips and whatnot. The mentality for hl2rp isn't here imo, since a lot of us just wanna shoot shit. The only way I enjoyed the event was either raiding the nexus with the entire server, or being a cop and just grabbing people for minor reasons and beating them in an apartment block.

Honestly I felt there was a lacking aesthethic to it. What I mean by this is it didn't *feel* like hl2rp, but more like a reskin with a few rules added and a few guns added into the mix. I saw one zombie during the whole event, and that was infront of the hospital. One lone zombie. I'd have enjoyed more events over the 4 day periods letting admins go wild with the RP type events rather than TDM and shit.
What could've been added to enhance the aesthetic? Zombies were actually planned as a fully playable player class that would spawn and roam the sewers, but we ran out of time and thought the idea wasn't entirely feasible. Problem with the spawning NPCs is that they target all the Monolith NPCs like the police recruiter etc around the map so it would've been difficult to do a PVE event, although it would've been nice.

Combine were for sure excessive but I suppose thats what happens when you give an already mentally handicapped playerbase the authority to arrest and beat people for minor offenses in order to stay true to Half-Life 2.

Last edited: