Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey,

We've had a lot of technical issues lately - we moved to a new powerful dedicated server that's great for performance, but while we blocked off some malicious attacks, the people targeting us starting using a new one that's getting through - we will block it off as well, but once again we'll need some time to review it fully. We have many many options, so eventually it will be sorted. Thank you so much for supporting us through all this! It will get better in the close future!

Bryson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith is unstoppable.

ChosenDemon

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Thanks for the update

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

DDoS attacks are breaking the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) under the US/American law. As this server is currently situated in a US host server, you can take action against anyone whom attempts a dedicated denial of service attack and bring them to court. Basic fines for this law can reach from 1000$ USD to 5 years in jail.

T.w² | Puncaek

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

DDoS attacks are breaking the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) under the US/American law.
As negative as I will sound, I want to be really sarcastic over this post, anyway, it's simple to charge em / take action against them since most 5$ VPN's can be cracked in under 3 minutes lmao

Still, hilarious that people think they win something by DDOs.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Another attack just hit us. We're looking into it, but unfortunately it's quite unstable at the moment.

heroin

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

DDoS attacks are breaking the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) under the US/American law. As this server is currently situated in a US host server, you can take action against anyone whom attempts a dedicated denial of service attack and bring them to court. Basic fines for this law can reach from 1000$ USD to 5 years in jail.
not that easy

Detective Rocker

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Another attack just hit us. We're looking into it, but unfortunately it's quite unstable at the moment.
Do you have any sort of clue who is hitting us and if it is a group or a 12 year old with chin hair in his mom's basement?

Bartonsious Triach

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Do you have any sort of clue who is hitting us and if it is a group or a 12 year old with chin hair in his mom's basement?
Given the severity of the attack, Which seems to have taken down the server, I would believe it is something a bit more than a raging individual. I would say that it is an individual operating alone with a bot net that is doing it. Bot nets tend to cost more than the budget of your average 12 year old G-Mod player.

Detective Rocker

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Given the severity of the attack, Which seems to have taken down the server, I would believe it is something a bit more than a raging individual. I would say that it is an individual operating alone with a bot net that is doing it. Bot nets tend to cost more than the budget of your average 12 year old G-Mod player.
I mean 12 year olds with chin hair and a mom's credit card can do alot.

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I highly recommend taking legal action, as the person(s) in question are breaking the CFAA law, they're not safe even when using a VPN. The VPN provider will be required by law to present the original IP address, or face criminal charges in the form of supporting cyber terrorism, and be shut down.

heroin

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I highly recommend taking legal action, as the person(s) in question are breaking the CFAA law, they're not safe even when using a VPN. The VPN provider will be required by law to present the original IP address, or face criminal charges in the form of supporting cyber terrorism, and be shut down.
you keep saying that but you have no idea how ddos works, you can't just take legal action against anyone.
and even if you get the ip of a vpn of the author, you're going to have to make sure the company is located in the US.

it's something you can fix just by working on it and improving your protection etc, sadly

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Botnets are very easy to acquire actually. All you'd need is a simple Random Access Trojan tool, aka R.A.T, to infest computers through a .exe program thats spoofed.

Fun fact, Minecraft is the one of the highest spoofed programs to catch childrens computers for botnets.

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

you keep saying that but you have no idea how ddos works, you can't just take legal action against anyone.
and even if you get the ip of a vpn of the author, you're going to have to make sure the company is located in the US.

it's something you can fix just by working on it and improving your protection etc, sadly
I do know how they work actually, also the CFAA is a global law, although its much harsher in the US.

The biggest issue, is that if the person really is using a botnet, then it's significantly harder to track them down. There'd be far to many IP address's to filter, or to track back through.

heroin

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I do know how they work actually, also the CFAA is a global law, although its much harsher in the US.

The biggest issue, is that if the person really is using a botnet, then it's significantly harder to track them down. There'd be far to many IP address's to filter, or to track back through.
no one uses botnets to ddos, but reflective attacks, abusing misconfigured network equipment to forge your ip to the victim's one and sending small packets to services which send way higher in size responses

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

no one uses botnets to ddos, but reflective attacks, abusing misconfigured network equipment to forge your ip to the victim's one and sending small packets to services which send way higher in size responses
I know a few groups whom still use Botnets actually. And in my personal opinion, botnets are generally more simple to use, its why many children resort to using them.

Bartonsious Triach

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Botnets are very easy to acquire actually. All you'd need is a simple Random Access Trojan tool, aka R.A.T, to infest computers through a .exe program thats spoofed.

Fun fact, Minecraft is the one of the highest spoofed programs to catch childrens computers for botnets.

It actually stand for Remote Access Trojan. To further this, Tracking down the people who did it can be quit hard. Try tracing hundreds our thousands of IP's and trying to find the one that is the original. Most decent VPN companies don't keep logs for their customers so legally they can't give anything to the feds.

EDIT: Punctuation

WinterPsycho

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

It actually stand for Remote Access Trojan. To further this, Tracking down the people who did it can be quit hard. Try tracing hundreds our thousands of IP's and trying to find the one that is the original. Most decent VPN companies don't keep logs for their customers so legally they can't give anything to the feds.

EDIT: Punctuation

Wow, such a simple mistake. This is what I get for not proof reading anything... Rip. Ill leave the mistake in because I was an idiot.
To be fair however, I am replying to two different threads at the same time.

Aesthetics

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

They only attack us because they're mad at the success we've had as of recently, they can keep trying but Monolith will only grow from here, they can't stop us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.