Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

We've had 75+ players on every night this week during peak times for the US.
It's cause it's an ENTIRE week of event's

Credence

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For me personally the reason i stopped playing was due to certain people getting staff who really were not qualified to be one. There's a few staff members that are high up now that I had problems with when they were players and now that they're staff they take any chance to punish me harshly. I rather leave peacefully for now than just continue coming on and getting angry and angry about it until I just go OFF and I rather not see what shape that will take.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For me personally the reason i stopped playing was due to certain people getting staff who really were not qualified to be one. There's a few staff members that are high up now that I had problems with when they were players and now that they're staff they take any chance to punish me harshly. I rather leave peacefully for now than just continue coming on and getting angry and angry about it until I just go OFF and I rather not see what shape that will take.
if you think you've been mistreated by certain staff members, i suggest you speak to management. They will gladly sort this kind of issue out.

Broken

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Zapping5

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

As a staff member I don't think you realize how much work it is to take reports. You don't see our side of the report screen... coming on the server and seeing 15+ reports sucks. Each ticket can take over 15 min and when you have 15+ reports even with staff member online it can be very overwhelming. With this, staff times can be long, if you dont like it try and join the team. This is not trying to be rude it is just to shed on the fact that being a staff member is volentary and I dont really get anything from it. You also dont see how many people do get denied, I think our staff team is strong but we are honestly tired.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

if you think you've been mistreated by certain staff members, i suggest you speak to management. They will gladly sort this kind of issue out.
What if it is a high member of staff. SR don’t do anything, in my 2+ years of playing I have seen only a couple of SR having actual affects.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

If its an Senior Administrator, then you can take it the the Server Director or higher. I'm not going to go into detail about staff reports, but they do get taken seriously, you may not "get" the reply you wanted, but i assure you every staff member gets talked to about them.

D

Deleted member 14552

Im not active due to the PD abusing their powers 24/7, breaking every rule under the sun and getting away with it. They really should think of implementing an IA division so the whole PD thing is under control.

If you hop on PD, you'll notice that half of the department has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. They can't remember a single callout, you have to repeat yourself 70x times, They don't give proper callouts for cars [they call a BRZ a GTR], they don't know the street names, They ignore some callouts and only respond to "shots fired", they casually break RTO etc..

Theres some exceptions of course, some cops are very good, but sadly theres more bad cops than good cops. It's simply not worth for me to hop on and get pissed off at the cops.

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The event for today ended 5 hours ago and there's 79 people on the server right now.
That's very true, however I'd bet that most of those people only stuck around because of the event.

Do you guys chart player count on a daily basis? If so I would love to see that info for the last 4 months to see if this thread actually has merit or if we're all just blowing smoke up each others arses.

D

Deleted member 12627

That's very true, however I'd bet that most of those people only stuck around because of the event.

Do you guys chart player count on a daily basis? If so I would love to see that info for the last 4 months to see if this thread actually has merit or if we're all just blowing smoke up each others arses.
A couple weeks ago there was a serious decline for about a month, I have video clips of their only being 40+ on at peak hours. I think the community has come back together waiting for 2.0 and playing in the meantime for the hype. However it has flip flopped and now there are barely any active staff around from 9 PM EST to 4 AM

So as far as I can see player count is back to doing good, which I am glad. However when you don't have staff to match the player count it gets a bit frustrating.

Reactions: Tye

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Honestly I left because of the sheer amount of drama and crap I get for being the way I am. I’m constantly berated for being trans, and to be frank I’m tired of it. It’s simply not right, but yet it’s painful. I do plan on coming back for monophone but after that I don’t know. I may just quit mono. I already left the discord because I felt it took up space. But by any means the new update will bring back some old players. But uhm, take this as you will, there’s also way too many terrible roleplayers, rule breakers, and small children. Ntm one dude who took advantage of me, and well, I’ll just say he was a pedo. But yeah, that’s among the reasons I’m scared of coming back now. I’ve found new people and have taken up singleplayer things, and my 15th bday is on the 7th of August, so I would like to say that by that time if I’m not back don’t expect me to come back. And yes Tonny, the cp mask is still for sale.
I’m not “out” about my sexuality on the server so I haven’t really personally encountered anything like this, but our org recruited a girl who had to change her name/playermodel to male because people were berating her about ”being a boy.” Most people I’ve seen are kind and I assume accepting, but I can definitely see people being abused for orientation or race on a gmod server, even mono. I would say you should try and ignore them and not let them get in the way of you having fun, but I know that can be hard, especially if there’s a lot of them.

Frankie Klumps

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The reason why im taking a break is because PD is an absolute mess rn. They need organization and a better system, Instead of screaming over the comms that they need help they need to use some sort of better terms such as the 10 codes, And PD also needs whitelisted higher ranks LT+ should be Whitelisted in my opinion. Kids are going around as these high ranks barking orders at people who are actually mature and know what they are doing. The PD system needs a total revamp people have been saying this for years but it is always ignored, or silenced.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The reason why im taking a break is because PD is an absolute mess rn. They need organization and a better system, Instead of screaming over the comms that they need help they need to use some sort of better terms such as the 10 codes, And PD also needs whitelisted higher ranks LT+ should be Whitelisted in my opinion. Kids are going around as these high ranks barking orders at people who are actually mature and know what they are doing. The PD system needs a total revamp people have been saying this for years but it is always ignored, or silenced.
Whats your recommendation? I would love to hear your ideas about PD

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The only issue with the whitelist system is that you can’t really decline someone for age. Maturity, yes, but it’s hard to deduce that in an interview

Frankie Klumps

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Whats your recommendation? I would love to hear your ideas about PD
Follow an actual list of SOPS Make anything atleast SGT+ Whitelist to stop younglings who are in the PD to troll and dick around the whole time while people are in PD to seriously RP as PD. This would definitely attract way more players from the Police RP area. Because rn mono is known as the FragRP Military server their basically no structure at all in the police department. Also Make Swat a Sub Department that can only be obtained by doing swat training there is so many people who play as swat and die instantly on scene not because they are bad but because they have no Tactics and organization whats so ever. If you wanna DM me i can send you alot more im kinda busy and just cant think rn. Meydogg76#4132

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The only issue with the whitelist system is that you can’t really decline someone for age. Maturity, yes, but it’s hard to deduce that in an interview
It's easy to see how mature someone is, if they just act around and don't take it seriously they ain't mature.

D

Deleted member 11418

this is very true

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Been feeling the exact same way lately. Last few interactions I've had, have been a complete joke and have left me extremely frustrated. It blows me away how badly some staff handle situations and the major lack of maturity and responsibility. If only my recording software was working cuz holy... Literally just out to punish people as much as possible and it shows. Its almost as if their trying to drive players away with their blatant toxicity and desire to just ban people cause it strokes their ego.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I never really interact or play on the community anymore but I like the idea behind this thread so I may as well give my input.

When I started it was obv back on Rockford which I believe was the golden era for Mono, not because of the map, but because of how the player base was basically a perfect size. It wasn't too big, but most definitely not too small. This allowed for Mono to be a lot of fun, especially with all the gang wars happening and ofc the Wong family being funny as hell as well as how much fun it was to be part of the Rockford Cartel.

Staff at this time was at its peak, I remember loving all the staff members so much and this was a time where being on the team didn't mean you were restricted from having fun (I would hear from staff members that they couldn't play the game anymore because when they hopped on they would have to start taking reports), a perfect example was @SpaceCowboy who I had a lot of fun with and really showed me the ropes of the server. Staff recruitment as I remember reading from one of these posts has become a task of quantity, they just need people but the fact stands that those people are now limited in how they are able to RP as not only are they under a magnifying glass but also because they aren't able to RP the same way they were able to do before due to new responsibilities.

Once we transitioned to Paralake and also that one other map, I started to feel the fall off. I started to realize how much police roles would be abused and they would pull you over for speeding no matter what, people would be on just to pull people over. While this seems normal, imagine having just 10 cops constantly on the streets and sometimes they don't even pull you over legitimately.

This next thing kinda contradicts the previous statement but this statement is specifically for Paralake era before Monoford, but guns and factories basically ruled the server. If you didn't have an Org, you were fucked. There was nothing around that, you couldn't do shit because if you did rent it you were only given a matter of time before you'd get raided. So, this would mean those in Orgs would just freely carry firearms and merc just about any cop that tried to pull anything and it would be total cancer. This then became a battle of buffing police and then undoing, then rebuffing, etc etc trying to balance this issue. I lost interest as it fell off from fun RP to just Cops vs Robbers essentially.

The CMs of the server and what I had heard about them really made playing this server hard to do. I never could tell what was true or what was fake as most of the information on them was second hand but a lot of it was the same story. From what I remember, people would get on Lola's bad side and she would just be able to ban them, or so I was told. Again, from what I remember this is why many of our old members were banned at some point or another, whether that be from speaking out or from trolling/griefing on the server as a final fuck off to them, which is something I don't necessarily condone but if what they said was true then I can see where their case comes from.

The last time I hopped onto the server I vividly remember it, I was literally just driving, and I would get pulled over for tints, then I was told to do my license, I go to town hall and park by the gun store as that is the only legal parking, I come back and the same cop that pulled me over is now towing my vehicle and he would just ignore me and keep doing as he pleased. The new player base is just toxic, at least from my point of view. Gone were the days of hopping on and basically knowing almost everyone, and anyone I met that I hadn't before were super cool and part of big orgs but not flaunting it in everyone's face.

Some of the things here that I wrote may seem redundant, but I am just writing from my limited memory of the server at this point. I also want to mention many of the people from that time have had lives to care for, they have things to do that mean they aren't able to play anymore. It's crazy to think I started playing on mono at I think 14 and I was just turning 15 at the time. Now I am 17, I kind of regret the things I chose to do as many I wish I had done differently as I might've been able to spend more time with those I had the most fun with as well as to correct many of the wrongs I had done but hey, that's life and those decisions made me the person I am today. What's that saying people say? It's like, "We didn't know we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun" or something like that.

I seriously don't know what Mono could do at this point, I remember at a point Gurrazor completely separated from the server, he used to join and participate in events but I understand he has his own life so that no longer occurs. There is much change, and much needed to be changed but at the end of the day that falls on the developers hands. People don't realize but these devs are insane, they do so much and yet people require content. Content, content, content, take a second and think of some content. Now, try and balance that for the server to ensure that not only those who are rich, but those who are poor can also indulge and participate in said content. As well as having content to satisfy the older player base as well as the new. It is a lot to think about, and you also have to consider it takes time and resources to dedicate to creating new content and doesn't just spawn from creating a threat saying you can "fix monolith".

The staff, directors, and developers are constantly under ridicule, but at the end of the day who is to blame? Do you blame the CMs for their actions towards their staff members and members of the community regardless of what is true or false? Do you blame the player base for becoming way too toxic for people to enjoy? Do you blame the growth of monolith as being the reason it is no longer fun? Do you blame the staff members who try and work reports to keep everyone happy? These questions of blame at the end of the day hold no purpose, you can't exactly blame the CMs as we don't know what is true or false, we also don't know what they have done for us on the server whether it be good or bad. We can't blame the player base as growth is bound to happen, it is up to each individual new person to determine that. And for fucks sake I don't understand why people get upset that staff don't take sits, they are normal players too! They just volunteer their time to take reports, be grateful they are even there (This ignoring the idea that there are bad staff members idk cause I don't know most at this point). Ugh, this entire paragraph doesn't have an exact purpose but you get my idea of blame and how it gets us nowhere.

TLDR The server has changed, whether that be for the better or for the worse. For someone like me, I no longer look forward to hopping onto Monolith, being able to play with some of the coolest civs, org members, and staff members without having to tiptoe the rules in hopes of not being banned. Now, the environment between player on player and player on staff interactions has grown to be a love-hate relationship (Toxic, so to speak) that has strayed too far from the community that was once on Rockford. This is not to say Rockford was perfect, but the community we had there was far different, attributed to the direction of the CMs, Directors, Devs, and the actions they have taken up to this point that have been for the better or the worse. Also, some of the toxicity I have heard from the CMs really detracted from the experience, but I can neither confirm nor deny the claims so I remain mixed to this day.

My personal accounts of CM/SDs: Lola was nice to me at times, but I heard the opposite more often than not, but I believe she left so it doesn't really matter. TJ was pretty cool, I never really remembered anything bad about him but people would talk bad about how he defended his GF but I don't have an opinion on that. PMX is legendary, I don't know if I can say anything particularly bad, sometimes I might've thought he went too far for no reason but I believe he always had the server's best interest in mind and think he is the #2 best CM. Thy is my favorite CM, I loved him back on Rockford and it was sad that he left on his boat but hey, he was super chill and not a burden to be around. Stuvi to keep it as close to professional as possible was my "least preferred" CM, never had a good experience with him from what I remember and I don't want to mention what I have heard about him either, end of story. As far as CD, Gurrazor used to be part of events as I said before, but now he is just a nameplate from what I have seen. SD's are awesome from what I remember, Melody I remember back when she had her stand in front of Town Hall on Paralake and she literally told me she planned on getting on the staff which was cool. I am sure they wanted another female on the team anyway to keep it as diverse as possible so I guess it worked out as she is not overpowering or abusive, again I do not fail to say this, it is from memory. Thanewolfe I don't have anywhere near the amount of interaction but something in my head is telling me he is a good person. As far as SA's I don't know any except for pea who has been on the team for like ever.
(Also signatures have been severely reduced in character limit so it is cool that mine can just stay and chills with it being huge :) )
(Also also, I realized how sporadic this post is in pacing but it is 4:45 am give me a break)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.