Status
Not open for further replies.

Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

This is a bit of a controversial topic that I want your comments on. Personally, I think that America is and always will be, the greatest country in the world. People come over here seeking happiness and liberty. However, at the moment, I think the US has hit a dark moment recently. We are divided. People are burning flags, chanting death to police and are trying to impeach the president. I understand that you may not like POTUS, but that ain't a reason to burn our flag. On youtube videos about US servicemen uprising their families, I see comments like 'Americans coming back from killing innocent people in Afganistan'. Comments like that really piss me off seeing how my dad was in the military in order to defend freedom. So I just don't understand why there is such anti-american thoughts at the moment. Also if your not American, feel free to comment coz it will be cool to gain an outsiders perspective on this. Also, I'm not sure if people's opinions of the USA are based on seeing Americans, rather than the ideals of the US. I kinda understand that some people may think we are rude, as on vacation to europe, I could always tell which tourists are Americans, as I always hear them coz we are so loud. I didn't really regonize it in the States, but I guess its because everyone is like that at home, but the locals in foreign countries are a lot more reserved and keep to themselves.

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

CHINA #1

Valentino

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I personally think the US is an amazing country and I would love to move there one day but personally I believe it's in a bad state. the current POTUS seems to have no idea what he's doing and congress seems incapable of doing anything about it. There are white supremacists on one side and the extreme left terrorists on the left *cough* Antifa *cough* I have a ton of respect for all servicemen/women and police officers so I think it is a shame that they're being targeted by these people. There is just so much going on and something needs to happen before it gets even worse and I hope the 2020 elections will bring some stability back.

Also, there are a lot of anti-America things just because it's a meme for all foreigners at this point. I'm from the Netherlands and it's just funny to see a lot of the shit that goes on there but a lot are just jokes and don't represent the actual view of the US from foreigners.

Rufucuz

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I personally dislike the country , its a country built on mixture of cultures and alot of lies . It has nothing unique , it has no culture of its own , if you talk about liberty freedom and hope on american soil i call u delusional then , 40% of american population lives in debt and 17% are drug addicts and crackheads , aswell as national debt is bigger than ever . Tho people from europe go on ERASMUS program to America , it partially is better , america has almost the same good education about chemistry and physics as Russia but on the other side the history and Geology studies are poor.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

I don't want to live in a country that doesn't provide free healthcare and free education. If you have to go into debt to be healthy and get proper education, something is seriously wrong with your country. I also don't want to live with contious fear that I could get shot every second because "'murica, fuck yeah".

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

the fact that healthcare is non existant, mental healthcare is non existant, and education is a joke unless you enjoy debt makes america feel like a third world country masked behind an image making it feel like it is in the first world.

i think the crime portion of america can sometimes be over exaggerated, outside of mass shootings, like most countries it has problems with crime... but a majority of it stems from poverty stricken cities, where healthcare is not there and there is a lack of help for those with mental issues. it's kind of sad that the most notorious criminals all had telltale signs of someone with mental problems and were not treated.

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz Russian love vodka that’s all I gotta say about that place. @Stuvi and @deku where do you live?

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz then why did you compare America education as Russia education? Where are you from?

Timmy Lancaster

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

First off I would like to say I am extremely grateful that I was born in the US and that I live here, a lot of people do not know but I am a Korean-American. Asians being the minority in the majority of American high schools I am exposed to an overwhelming cultural diversity and every day I learn more about other cultures and religions, Whether its different foods or music it is never just one culture. In my mind "American culture" is the product of people from all over the world coming together to create something unique. So when people say "there is no such thing as American culture" I disagree.

there are things as an American I am not proud of

1 - Health care
2 - Situation with guns
3 - the situation with Native Americans

and there is probably more that I'm forgetting

No country is a perfect Utopia where the murder and poverty rate is 0% all countries has its ups and downs It is the amount of media coverage that shapes and forms our opinion about other countries. Because of Freedom of Press, the majority of issues are known worldwide most countries have their government dominate the media then controlling everything that goes out to the public.

Health care is a topic I don't know much about but there are a couple of things that are just blatantly wrong

there have been instances of when diabetics would ration their saline because they can not afford it

a one-liter bag of normal saline costs about $1.07 to produce but it sells upwards of 700 USD.....

people with severe allergies need to have epi-pens on hand or they could die 2 EPI Pen Autoinjectors cost 650-700 USD not to mention that they expire so you need to pay for it even if you did not use it.

Guns are a LARGE part of culture in America and taking them away from Americans is a bigggg mistake.

while I think everyone is entitled to the 2nd amendment I Believe they should be harder to get and all registered firearm owners should be checked on every month (not sure but I think Canada does that)
The media does a terrible job of explaining weapons and a lot of Democrats do not know what they are talking about (not all of them)
the media uses made-up terms like AR-15 = Assault rifle 15 or FULLY Semi-automatic
they glorify rifles when like 70% or more of the gun-related accidents were from handguns according to the FBI in 2017 https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....17/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11.xls
while I think Alex jones can be stupid this video does a good job of explaining why shotguns are way more dangerous than rifles

and for native American issue I did not feel like typing anymore so here you go -

while every country has problems you need to look at the good they do as well

Rufucuz

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz then why did you compare America education as Russia education? Where are you from?
i compare them because im comparing strong part of ur education to next strong education country from statistics , my country is irrelevant , but what is not irrelevant is that i am studying politics and international relationships

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz I just thinks it’s funny how you judge a country but you won’t tell me what country you live in you must not be proud of it. Also I don’t really care what you are studying there is a thing called Google and common sense. I just thinks is funny how you compare Russia education to America’s xD I’m low key laughing it would of made sense if you compare us to China education that would be common sense.

Rufucuz

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz I just thinks it’s funny how you judge a country but you won’t tell me what country you live in you must not be proud of it. Also I don’t really care what you are studying there is a thing called Google and common sense.
im not judging , you can judge any country you want , no country is perfect . And if i were u i woudnt rely on google or ur emotions/common sence . Sometimes you need arguments and facts , common sence is nor an argument or a fact

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz google is. xD Also you were totally judging.

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Rufucuz give me ur country if you really want to talk about things also pm me I don’t wanna spam this.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think illegal immigration is and should be one of the priorities for the united states because of national security, as a sovereign country it is our right to defend our borders. But the amount of restrictions for LEGAL immigration are so strict compared to other 1st world countries that many people resort to overstaying their visas just to have a better life

The american dream is impossible for the people who don’t meet the requirements and have to live in constant fear of deportation

Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I think illegal immigration is and should be one of the priorities for the united states because of national security, as a sovereign country it is our right to defend our borders. But the amount of restrictions for LEGAL immigration are so strict compared to other 1st world countries that many people resort to overstaying their visas just to have a better life

The american dream is impossible for the people who don’t meet the requirements and have to live in constant fear of deportation
I agree with you completely. If you watch this video,
, US military personnel that were born in a different country but have risked their lives in defense of this country are deported, yet illegals and drug cartels are still operating in the US without ICE intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.