Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmeris

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

This is a bit of a controversial topic that I want your comments on. Personally, I think that America is and always will be, the greatest country in the world. People come over here seeking happiness and liberty. However, at the moment, I think the US has hit a dark moment recently. We are divided. People are burning flags, chanting death to police and are trying to impeach the president. I understand that you may not like POTUS, but that ain't a reason to burn our flag. On youtube videos about US servicemen uprising their families, I see comments like 'Americans coming back from killing innocent people in Afganistan'. Comments like that really piss me off seeing how my dad was in the military in order to defend freedom. So I just don't understand why there is such anti-american thoughts at the moment. Also if your not American, feel free to comment coz it will be cool to gain an outsiders perspective on this. Also, I'm not sure if people's opinions of the USA are based on seeing Americans, rather than the ideals of the US. I kinda understand that some people may think we are rude, as on vacation to europe, I could always tell which tourists are Americans, as I always hear them coz we are so loud. I didn't really regonize it in the States, but I guess its because everyone is like that at home, but the locals in foreign countries are a lot more reserved and keep to themselves.

I don't understand the enamouration with America for being "The Land Of The Free". I've lived in Canada all my life and I have full access to healthcare, my wallet size does not decide whether I live or die, and I'm never restricted from pursuing whatever I want.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As a foreigner from NZ, most of the time the New Zealand media paints a bad picture of the US. Disclosure; I do think the US is a great country and should remain that, NZ is an non-NATO ally of the US and I'd honestly rather US warships roaming the pacific-ocean than Chinese ones. At least in my mind China is probably the biggest threat to my country and would not be able to defend itself without the hep of our allies should war erupt, etc.

At the moment, it is obvious to me that the US is in turmoil and from what I've seen is mostly since Trump took office. Sure I don't exactly like the guy, surely someone else could be a better public figure. And when the first drama about impeachment started airing years ago I was thinking well that could be nice to replace him, but clearly over the last 3 years nothing has actually happened, all these "massive trump scandals" fade away once proven false, etc. I don't particularly support trump, but I do remember when the election was near end supporting him over Hilary Clinton as I feel she would've been a greater threat to the US. And coming into the 2020 elections I think some of these democratic candidates are a threat to what makes america, america, their ideas seem a bit radical. The southern wall feels like a joke, but the idea behind why makes sense to me, illegal immigration should remain illegal, if you cannot go through the proper process of entering a country like everyone else expect to be turned back. I do think health care should be improved upon though. The latest drama around NATO should be highlighted more, as it seems member nations are not paying their fair share leaving the major majority up to the US to cover. Domestic terrorist groups such as ANTIFA need to stopped, they are the extreme ends of political movements in the US and ANTIFA is honestly looking more fascist than anti-fascist.

I live in NZ, health care is covered, it ranked high as one of the happiest countries, schooling up until leaving high school is covered, minimum wage is $17.70/h NZD ($11.61/h USD) we are an island nation far from conflicts, illegal immigration is basically nothing as it is hard to do so. We have been the victim of an racially/ religiously motivated attack from a man who thought it would be good to attack a mosque. That one event which took 51 lives set in motion a change, politicians now had justification to change the law and ban weaponry of the likes that he used. I feel this was an emotional response and the government exploited the tragedy to justify this law change, unlike the US is was easier to do it here and I do hope it doesn't happen to the US (High doubt a gun ban thingy would ever happen in the US). New Zealand's not all that peaceful though, a good film that depicts the darker side of NZ is a move called 'Once we were Warriors'... Other that that I do like and support my country and hope the US doesn't fracture to far.

Thankyou for coming to my ted talk

The US should and must remain the number one world power militarily, the current turmoil will resolve itself in time (hopefully peacefully).

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For me Personally I love my country and I'm proud to be American, as of recently we are more and more torn by the left, which is becoming more and more radical, irrational and selfish, I believe that the left has declared war on logic. I support our President and his policies. Trump is attacked,slandered, and threatened everyday while he works FOR FREE just trying to make our country a better place. The media hate him because they cannot control him, and he cannot be payed by big business to do their bidding. Illegal immigration is probably one of our biggest concerns, more and more people flood into the country and murder and riot in our streets. We must secure our borders, if you want to come here LEGALLY then i'm all for that. Our healthcare and Insurance is probably the biggest gripe by everyone else, but they are the way they are for a reason. If we truly could make Healthcare and Insurance free without drawbacks we would of done it by now.

When I see videos of people burning US flags and blocking roads just to get people to notice them, I feel that they need to get the fuck out. Simple as that, if you act that way then you don't want to be here and you shouldn't. People have become some un american, that people who support and love their country are being demonized. If we continue on this track then we are only headed for disaster.

WaTer_MeLoN

Years of Mono

LV

At the moment I think the USA is sitting in a bad position with all that’s going on.
However, it’s a solid vacation spot. Good weather, fairly close by and no snow for the most part.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

but they are the way they are for a reason. If we truly could make Healthcare and Insurance free without drawbacks we would of done it by now.
Sorry, but that's literally top tier bullshit I haven't seen for quite some time.
firefox_2019-12-09_19-04-18.png

There must be so many drawbacks for free healthcare :eek:

ProximaSync

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Illegal immigration is probably one of our biggest concerns, more and more people flood into the country and murder and riot in our streets.

This is just blatant racism. There is no correlation that illegal immigrants cause more crimes and drugs.

Simple as that, if you act that way then you don't want to be here and you shouldn't.

So we shouldn’t do our role as citizens and just leave? If that happened then there would be no democracy.

ammeo

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I would personally never want to live in America. There is too much poverty and homelessness . A terminal illness would cost you your whole life savings. American cops are rude and aggressive. There is too much crime. Too much mental health problems. Everyone is in debt. The list goes on and on.

Last edited:

BoKe

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Also I would like to say if the USA is so bad why do we have the worse immigration problem just doesn’t make sense why would people want to risk there lives to even try to get into America instead of different country.

ProximaSync

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The first comment you made is just so stupid xD “Blatant racism” he didn’t direct in towards a race he just said “illegal immigrants” which could be any race you just sound dumb and I bet you love CNN.

Really? Wanting to build a wall on the south border to stop illegal immigration from Mexicans. (Which is a waste of money)

Putting a travel ban on Syria, Iran, Iraq, and many more. It’s not a coincidence that he restricted travel to countries where the majority of the population are Muslims.

I don’t see people wanting high security and a big as wall at the Canadian border or wanting restrictions on European countries.

If that doesn’t say racism, I don’t know what is.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This spiraled out of control, as does anything related to politics

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.