Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Homeing

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith will never be stopped even if it takes Forever!!!!!!!:):oops::oops::eek::D:cool::mad::(;);)

Kyle Lasky

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

i guess more servers would be great but then it would be more money needed from the creators pockets :/

The administration team along with high management takes no monetary gain from Monolith RP, Every penny goes into the server and paying developers as far as I know, and you have literally no reason to believe otherwise.
This has been stated by multiple members of management directly to me when I myself was querying about the status of income with Monolith RP, Including the Community Director @Gurrazor

The likely hood is that they will do something along the lines of creating more servers or upgrading the current one even further to allow more players, but this is all in good time.

They are currently dealing with brutal DDOS attacks and will probably not like accusations of them lining their pockets during this time or anytime at all.

I don't believe you have ever given a penny to Monolith RP, So I don't think you are in a place to publicly discredit them for the way they manage it.

Have a good day.

heroin

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

hiving servers would bring up a security issue

Kyle Lasky

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

hiving servers would bring up a security issue

Another thing they would have to deal with if they did so, As I said they will do something relatively soon, but you have to take all these issues into account when complaining that it isn't happening fast enough.

LilxPump420

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

They only attack us because they're mad at the success we've had as of recently, they can keep trying but Monolith will only grow from here, they can't stop us :D
Yea the community sure is growing even though its down because your getting dossed makes sense seems like you should reevaluate the word grow because ive seen nothing but decline since ive joined because of ddos I love the server and all but its frustrating when I get flamed on this community and nobody can talk to you about it because they don't know what there talking about.

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

DDoS attacks are breaking the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) under the US/American law. As this server is currently situated in a US host server, you can take action against anyone whom attempts a dedicated denial of service attack and bring them to court. Basic fines for this law can reach from 1000$ USD to 5 years in jail.
Unfortunately, this does not apply if the attacks originate from another country besides the Unites States. If the host of the attacks is located within the US, then the host may be charged with those crimes, but if the host is coming from another country, then essentially all bets are off. If the host is within the US but the person utilizing the host to launch the attack is not from the US, that person cannot be charged, only the hosting company which allows these types of attacks.

ItsKato

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Unfortunately, this does not apply if the attacks originate from another country besides the Unites States. If the host of the attacks is located within the US, then the host may be charged with those crimes, but if the host is coming from another country, then essentially all bets are off. If the host is within the US but the person utilizing the host to launch the attack is not from the US, that person cannot be charged, only the hosting company which allows these types of attacks.
Pretty sure it has to cost at least $5000 in damage according to US law in order to actually charge someone as well I'm pretty sure. Could be wrong, but I remember seeing that somewhere.

Anyhow, it'd be practically useless to actually try to go after someone for 1. Like you said, they could be in a different country with different laws and 2. It'd be way too much work for what its worth. No reason to be law suite happy, those people are nuisance of society.

Aesthetics

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Yea the community sure is growing even though its down because your getting dossed makes sense seems like you should reevaluate the word grow because ive seen nothing but decline since ive joined because of ddos I love the server and all but its frustrating when I get flamed on this community and nobody can talk to you about it because they don't know what there talking about.
You're clearly not aware of the growth we've had and still do have. We're in no way on a decline and if you believe we are on a decline, at least come with some form of validation to assist you in your claim? Since the launch about two'ish weeks ago, our forum registrations have more than doubled, with plenty of new registrations daily, and our server has almost always 100 players when we aren't DDOS'd.

Jenga

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Appreciate your transparency to the situation, I used to think that the host was the issue but now I have a much different outlook on it.

Martinerrr

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

What the hell are you on about dude? First of all, Thriving Ventures Ltd. is registered in the United Kingdom so your entire post about the U.S. and how it applies its laws (which you really need to get me sources on) is just going to piss people off.

Secondly, international law is a thing - if you commit a crime and flee that country you can still be prosecuted, it's not like you're suddenly free of any charges against you because you left that country's jurisdiction. For example a fuck ton of countries have signed the UN CTOC which allows the company to prosecute from English court using English laws no matter where the attackers are from through extradition.

heroin

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

yeah keep arguing about laws and forget the fact you cant prosecute anyone

Logan Elder

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

It always happens as soon as I place down my crops then I loose all the money I put into the seeds rip

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Seems like we're under attack, we're gonna open up our alternative server which they shouldn't be able to take down! We'll make a notice here on the forums for when it's up!

And it's up!

Last edited:

gosha

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

investing thousands( if not tens of thousands) to prosecute a person that's temporarily ruining your rp experience, nice bro!

Aidan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

investing thousands( if not tens of thousands) to prosecute a person that's temporarily ruining your rp experience, nice bro!
Good advertisement

gosha

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Good advertisement
i'm not surprised, tbh.

anyways, I had a FLUID experience roleplaying today, cars' driving is shit though

Aidan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

i'm not surprised, tbh.

anyways, I had a FLUID experience roleplaying today, cars' driving is shit though
You never saw my old forum account ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.