Status
Not open for further replies.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

So we as players are expected to instantly change our attitude or suffer severe punishments but we have to give grown men time to be more professional and less insulting?
The gradual changes we asked for time for was not really specifically the attitude from us in CM.
That should get better fairly quickly. I’m just being careful with time framing all the changes requested in this thread so people don’t expect to go on the server or forums and somehow expect to see extensive and immediate change overnight.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Like the other day on the server I had a kos on a lot and I killer the wrong lt by mistake and it was my first punishment in months and I got instant given a warning point and threshold banned. Or how I got an infraction for a light-hearted meme I posted to my profile by the same guy I've seen reopen threads to post a meme or an insult.
My bad I probably should have been more clear, meant moreso an example of like a CM acting out of line. That said, those are valid complaints. I think its been said that punishment guidelines are getting updated, but (obviously) that has yet to happen. Basically the real point I'm trying to make is that this thread, while very valuable, kind of happened at a bad time, as things are changing behind the scenes and all we can tell you guys is "hey we're working on it" and the only option is to kind of ask you to wait and let us prove it.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I'll be honest, half of those people are before my time and the rest are very early in my time, so im not going to sit here and claim I know very much about the your situations. But I would like to reiterate that I've given contradicting opinions to CMs almost directly, and yet I've recently been promoted. I'm sure you can find some reason to justify that happening, if I had to guess either I didn't contradict them hard enough or they're desperate for staff or something along those lines but so be it, come up with whatever reason for it you'd like.
Mod -> Admin is not a huge jump and doesn't give you too much power to cause harm. Admin -> SA, SA -> SD is where you see some of that poor decision making. I respect you for not claiming to know much about those situations because you may not. But, I definitely suggest talking to someone who wont lie to you about it lol

But ever since that day, the main thing I've experienced from any of you has been hostility and toxicity.
I have crazy respect for you friend and I would hop into a call and play league with you like nothing ever happened, because nothing did happen. You've gotta be careful generalizing us by saying "any of you" because I haven't shown any toxicity to you especially. I've been as respectful as I can to Monolith's staff team and their management since my resignation. Though, I cannot speak for others when I say that. I just saw this thread as an opportunity to speak my voice and to raise awareness of the horde of elephants that have been crowded in this room for months on months.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

What I'm hearing from the players here is that often it seems leadership is exclusive - you know what the decisions are but not why. What is the long term goal, why is a certain feature delayed?

If we included that and what was taken into account maybe that would make things appear more transparent and players more listened to.

Further, it seems that you guys really consider development the way we give back to players as a positive rather than the negative punishments - giving cash etc only allows you to enjoy the new features added rather than serving as a bonus in themselves.

Does that sound right?

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

What I'm hearing from the players here is that often it seems leadership is exclusive - you know what the decisions are but not why. What is the long term goal, why is a certain feature delayed?

If we included that and what was taken into account maybe that would make things appear more transparent and players more listened to.

Further, it seems that you guys really consider development the way we give back to players as a positive rather than the negative punishments - giving cash etc only allows you to enjoy the new features added rather than serving as a bonus in themselves.

Does that sound right?
It is more that the community have lost faith in higher management from what ive seen and i hope from this it changes, if it doesnt then i dont see monolith surviving

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

It is more that the community have lost faith in higher management from what ive seen and i hope from this it changes, if it doesnt then i dont see monolith surviving
Yes but higher management and even I am at a loss as to what needs changing - rather than what is wrong.
What do you guys want rather than dislike atm?
"Change" won't help me here lol

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Yes but higher management and even I am at a loss as to what needs changing - rather than what is wrong.
What do you guys want rather than dislike atm?
"Change" won't help me here lol
More transparency in terms of what is happening and why people get banned, be generally more open to criticism which seems to have improved and make your players feel wanted. For a while now me and a lot of other people i have spoke to dont feel wanted or valued as if we are just disposable and can just be permed with a malicious activity ban/no appeal and then never given a second chance. The community doesn't seem to feel valued or listened too.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I have crazy respect for you friend and I would hop into a call and play league with you like nothing ever happened, because nothing did happen. You've gotta be careful generalizing us by saying "any of you" because I haven't shown any toxicity to you especially. I've been as respectful as I can to Monolith's staff team and their management since my resignation. Though, I cannot speak for others when I say that. I just saw this thread as an opportunity to speak my voice and to raise awareness of the horde of elephants that have been crowded in this room for months on months.

You know what you're right, it wasn't fair for me to lump you into it. Thats on me, I haven't gone to sleep yet, and my emotions are running high both from the general mood of thread and the memory of Ja. I'm sorry.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

A lot of these posts are making some people on the team seem like disgusting people, and I can not agree with that.
I just reread your reply and yeah I don't think most of the individuals I criticized are disgusting people. I'm sure when Stuvi goes out and has a couple of beers with his pals or whatever it's a great time and he might be pretty easy to get along with. While they are not monsters, I think that I am mostly speaking within this community. Some members of upper management are unable to properly lead this community. They set bad examples of how others should act, they lie, they aren't considerate, they won't listen to you, etc. I will not make judgments of Stuvi for example because I've never had a conversation with the guy. It is 100% a problem that we have never conversation and I will criticize that all day. As weird as it is to say, Monolith has brought out the WORST in people. The topic of management can make people pretty angry and drive them to do stupid things like mass rdm, create podcasts about a Garry's Mod server, and you know the rest.

Reactions: Tye

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

You know what you're right, it wasn't fair for me to lump you into it. Thats on me, I haven't gone to sleep yet, and my emotions are running high both from the general mood of thread and the memory of Ja. I'm sorry.
Not a problem, Alphadef. You're really reasonable and I respect that you said sorry. If I'm overlooking any of my actions and have mistreated anyone, I am sorry too.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I'll bring up the idea of allowing historic punishments not to cloud the judgement of a player, as well as not allowing rulebreaks for long term "ogs"

Transparency in terms of the reasoning and approaches for appeal as well as communicating with those who were permaed will also be brought up.

I'll also ask again and again until I get an answer as to what the overall idea for the server is to get a framework for what sugestions are likely to be accepted, but am aware that devs are under strain at the moment.

What else would make you feel valued other than accepted suggestions in the meantime (given the state of development)?

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'll bring up the idea of allowing historic punishments not to cloud the judgement of a player, as well as not allowing rulebreaks for long term "ogs"

Transparency in terms of the reasoning and approaches for appeal as well as communicating with those who were permaed will also be brought up.

I'll also ask again and again until I get an answer as to what the overall idea for the server is to get a framework for what sugestions are likely to be accepted, but am aware that devs are under strain at the moment.

What else would make you feel valued other than accepted suggestions in the meantime (given the state of development)?
Some sort of log for bans, not a really in depth one but just a forum that after you ban someone is quickly filled out with a real reason, that everyone can access so if the community feels a player was falsely banned they can look at it. It seems now that less people are getting silenced in the past that was a real big issue, another huge issue is hacking. You cant act like it doesn't exist. So many people cheat, and monolith doesn't seem to have an anticheat. Why is that a thing, a real anti cheat would stop false bans and try to stop people from hacking. Also i'm glad to hear that monoford is getting a big map update as lets face it, monoford in its current state with the current player count hasn't been enjoyable for a while now.

D

Deleted member 12627

another huge issue is hacking. You cant act like it doesn't exist. So many people cheat, and monolith doesn't seem to have an anticheat

This is kinda off topic, but it does tie into the fact Community Management still wants to act like it's not an issue. Thy explained a very good reason for this however in game with me and a couple of others. He said "there is an anti-cheat", which I do not doubt for a second. "The issue is the hackers keep updating the shit and they can't keep up with it. It would take a lot of manpower to deal with it". I feel as if the issue is not the fact that there isn't a functioning anti-cheat, it's the fact there are so many that it cannot be contained. This is a gmod issue as a whole. Yes, you can make an anti-cheat script to stop blatant cheaters, but smart people are always going to go under the scope. It's not community management's fault for the hacker problem, I will give them that.

BUT

In my opinion it hasn't been stressed enough and talked about transparently with the community enough, and that's where I see the communication is a bit blurry between CM's and the rest of the staff team/players.

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

He said there is an anti-cheat, which I do not doubt for a second.
If I recorded a video of me downloading free cheats from the first website I found, loaded into Monolith, did some raids, and uploaded a player report on myself for cheating, could I change your mind? :p

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

We couldn't be transparent about anti cheat as it allows people more chance to figure out workarounds.

The only thing I can tell you about anticheat is that a small portion of it is me as a cop getting fragged and shouting "clearly hax" every time.

D

Deleted member 12627

If I recorded a video of me downloading free cheats from the first website I found, loaded into Monolith, did some raids, and uploaded a player report on myself for cheating, could I change your mind? :p
Lol, I said "functioning" anti-cheat. It's clearly non-functioning. To be fair I worded that poorly, what I mean by this is that there is an anti-cheat (it just doesn't work)
We couldn't be transparent about anti cheat as it allows people more chance to figure out workarounds.
I'm not talking about telling people about the anti-cheat lmao that's dumb. I'm saying that the community knows there is a huge cheating/alting issue and the CM's kind of nudge it off and say that it isn't a problem.

Reactions: Tye

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Lol, I said "functioning" anti-cheat. It's clearly non-functioning.

I'm not talking about telling people about the anti-cheat lmao that's dumb. I'm saying that the community knows there is a huge cheating/alting issue and the CM's kind of nudge it off and say that it isn't a problem.
Again there's little I can say without leaking, but new systems have just recently been put in place to streamline the identification and reporting of cheaters internally, which has made me as a staff member feel listened to. This is however very recent.

Some sort of log for bans, not a really in depth one but just a forum that after you ban someone is quickly filled out with a real reason, that everyone can access so if the community feels a player was falsely banned they can look at it. It seems now that less people are getting silenced in the past that was a real big issue, another huge issue is hacking. You cant act like it doesn't exist. So many people cheat, and monolith doesn't seem to have an anticheat. Why is that a thing, a real anti cheat would stop false bans and try to stop people from hacking. Also i'm glad to hear that monoford is getting a big map update as lets face it, monoford in its current state with the current player count hasn't been enjoyable for a while now.
I brought this up just now, and the CMs responded well to the idea of making a public channel that logs bans made upon the server. This will be discussed, hope that signals a bit of listening to happening as a result of this thread!

D

Deleted member 12627

Again there's little I can say without leaking, but new systems have just recently been put in place to streamline the identification and reporting of cheaters internally, which has made me as a staff member feel listened to. This is however very recent.
It happened all too late sadly.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

CM's kind of nudge it off and say that it isn't a problem.
I'm not gonna go out and say that this is incorrect, I will however say that if that is how it is perceived then that is our fault.
Of course cheating is a problem, it is one of the most surefire way to ruin someones gaming experience in any video game, and we do have people who play on the server with cheats, this can be seen from some of the more entertaining fragtages with aimbot in them and what not.

We recognize that cheating and hacking is a problem on the server and we of course want to combat this. We don't want cheaters to ruin your experience and fun any more than you do. For obvious reasons I can't go into detail, but this is something that is being worked on constantly thorughtout monoliths existence and hopefully we can see a noticeable improvement some time in the future.

It happened all too late sadly.
Better late than never ;) But yeah should have been done sooner, can't really argue with that

Status
Not open for further replies.